28. Mär 2024, 23:41 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Windows 10  (Gelesen 11042 mal)

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
Windows 10
« am: 2. Aug 2015, 10:14 »
Most of you should know by now that Windows 10 is rolling out, and oh my, it's the best windows ever!!

However, it seems that Win10 have some issues with BFME. And apparently only BFME.
All the other games I have are working fantastically; to name some: Star Wars Forces of Corruption, Total War Attila, M2TW, World of Tanks, Assassin's Creed Unity, Sins of a Solar Empire,.... and a couple more.
what's interesting is that the World builder works just fine
So when someone finds a solution for this, please share with the community here, as this is probably a universal problem, and not many are ready to give up on such an awesome OS for the sake of one game.

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
Re: Windows 10
« Antwort #1 am: 2. Aug 2015, 12:56 »
So I checked it with an Windows 10 Upgrade an my Dad's computer and going to test it on my own with a real installation of Windows 10 next week. It is working fine for me. What kind of graphics card are you using?

Just a few tips I already wrote in the german forum:
1. Install the graphics card driver yourself. Windows 10 is only installing a generic driver which wont work correctly.
2. Install DirectX 9,0c. It is NOT included with DirectX 12 or Windows 10. Just use the one from your games DVD (dxsetup.exe in the directX folder).
3. Vc++ redist. Those are not installed and need to be installed again.
4. .Net Framework. Should be also installed when you try to use my startup fixxer.
5. Reinstall the game.
6. Compatibility Mode and start as Admin.

I upgraded to Windows 10, installed the latest NVidia driver, installed directX 9,0c, vcredist and .net framework (or: I installed Borderlands 2 via steam and these were bundled with it). Then installed the game and everything worked totally fine.

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #2 am: 3. Aug 2015, 20:19 »
ok so I had a run with it and done the following:
btw I have an Intel HD / AMD Radeon HD 8600M switchable graphic drivers (with which I've never had any problem at all, and certainly not with BFME).

_uninstalled all my video drivers softwares (including control center, AMD gaming evolved,..)
_Downloaded the latest drivers (both should be win10 it's an open mind I am a compatible) from their respective websites.
_installed the Intel Driver first, then the AMD one.
_downloaded the full DirectX 9c and installed it (also downloaded the one from the game disc).
_downloaded and installed all Vc++ from 2005 onwards (basically the whole list from Microsoft website).
_.Net 4.5 already comes with Win10 and you can't install any older version.
_Reinstalled the game.
_Compatibility mode with WinXP SP2, and admin, and running in Window mode.

still crashes when it reach the main menu with an "Exception in exception handler" error :(
I've honestly run out of options here :/

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #3 am: 6. Nov 2015, 15:12 »
Hi. A friend of mine just got a new laptop with Windows 10. He got two video cards AMD Radeon R7 M360 and Intel HD Graphics 5500. I believe there are the latest drivers on both cards.
First we ran into crash erors (bfme2 stopped functioning). We tried to desactivate the Intel card, but there is a diferent error (something with DirectX 9.0 not installed and 'please check your video cards').
We tried everything you have listed above.

Any idea? I believe we need to switch the priorities between the video cards (put the radeon as the default one), but I don't know how to do it.

The brand of the computer is HP. Thanks for your time. :)

"That still only counts as one!"

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #4 am: 6. Nov 2015, 15:14 »
Did you try installing the dxsetup.exe from the games DVD? That should fix the DirectX 9.0c not installed error.
We also had multiple people report that the latest AMD driver and also maybe the latest Intel Driver fixed the issue. So check again if you really have the latest driver installed.

Adrigabbro

« Antwort #5 am: 7. Nov 2015, 12:56 »
Thanks for your answer.
We executed dxsetup.exe but then a window pops and all choices are "grey", we can't click on anything. We also made sure both cards got the latest drivers.

If I understand correctly your answers in this topic , the game tries to start with the Intel card (which got the bugged driver) although it is desactivated. Therefore we need to change priorities between the two video cards, right? Do you know how to do it? I've seen some suggestions about going in the BIOS, but I'm not too confident about that.

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #6 am: 7. Nov 2015, 16:50 »
Therefore we need to change priorities between the two video cards, right? Do you know how to do it? I've seen some suggestions about going in the BIOS, but I'm not too confident about that.
There's no need to do any BIOS thing at all.
Just right click your desktop and choose "Configure Switchable Graphics".
This will open AMD switchable graphics panel where you can add programs that you need to specify a specific VGA for (the power saving option being Intel, the high performance is AMD).
You must add lotrbfme2ep1.exe and game.dat and put them of high power.
If you've already started the game once (and crashed, you should be able to see both file already in "recent applications" on the same panel.

Adrigabbro

« Antwort #7 am: 9. Nov 2015, 21:34 »
It worked perfectly! Thank you very much guys. :)