28. Mär 2024, 11:01 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Who will be better for scout role in Isengard?

Mauhur
61 (77.2%)
Bill Ferny
18 (22.8%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 71

Autor Thema: New scout hero for Isengard  (Gelesen 19591 mal)

Tienety

• Gast
New scout hero for Isengard
« am: 3. Aug 2015, 21:03 »
I think that Bill Ferny isn't fit for Isengar as scout. Bill Ferny never fought for Isengard. Also, Bill Ferny is one of the least favorite hero in mod.

i have idea for new more fit scout hero for Isengard:

Mauhur

Mauhur is a small character from the book and movie. He was a standard hero in the old version of edain mod. But now he is only as summon for Ugluk on level 10. I think Mauhur is more fit for scout role in Isengard. After all, he is uruk-hai from Isengard. Bill can stay in mod on special maps or something like this. 8-)

Mauhur abilities:

Level 1: Toggle Weapon - Switches between axe and crossbow.

Mauhur has crossbows in old version of mod. This will be something unique for him. if I know no one hero in edain used crossbows. :D

Level 1: Gather Scent
Mauhur gathers the scent of the hunted enemy.
Mahur and his elite scouts have 200% visition range and 25% speed for 20 seconds.

Level 4: Man flesh
Mauhur smell flesh of enemy hero.
For a short amount of time, the closest enemy hero will be uncovered.

Level 6: Mauhúr's reinforcements
Mauhur temporarily summon four elite scouts with axe.

Level 8: Hunting trap
Mauhur set a Hunting trap to selected area.
If Enemy unit and hero step on a trap, gets medium damage and -15% move speed for 10 seconds.
Trap can have this design:

Of course, Ugluk needs a new ability:

Level 10: Escape from encirclement
Ugluk and his guys fight to the last man and trying to get out form encirclement.
Ugluk and uruk-hai units nearby are immune against knockback and can't be trampling for 15 seconds.

What do you think about this idea?  8-)
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Aug 2015, 09:58 von Tienety »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
Re: New scout hero for Isengard
« Antwort #1 am: 4. Aug 2015, 10:06 »
I too!Never really liked Bill!He is not so well suited for the role of Isengard's Scout! :)
The idea of Mauhur to get that roles is much better,he may have small role in Books and Movies but still more suiting for Scout and after all scouts are not the stars,so I think he will fit in that position!
The Abilities you came up with are awesome they are balanced and connected t othe heros role in books and movies! :)
So over all I agree completely  with your proposal! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

ringbearer

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #2 am: 4. Aug 2015, 10:37 »
Honestly , i use him almost every time but i never pay money so he can level up , for me it's just a waste , considering new abilities he gets. And Mauhur , i remmember him from edain mod for BFME1 evil campaign :D too bad that he is just a summon now. I don't think that he needs a weapon switch, i'm okay with crossbow only :) . "Mahur and his elite scouts have 300% visition range and 20% damage for 20 seconds." well , isn't 300% too much? it's half of the map :D maybe it was supposed to be 30% :) . Other abilities are good i think :)

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #3 am: 4. Aug 2015, 11:39 »
I don't think a damage boost at a level 1 skill is very suitable. as far as I know, barely hero has such an ability :/

Though I would put it as a 200% view range, and a 25% speed increase.
after all speed is more important for scouts XD

makis89

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #4 am: 4. Aug 2015, 12:01 »
Bill Ferry is the scout i never used ... a waste of money in my opinion and never match with the Isengard faction ... better be replaced by Mauhur .. :)
"...for all living things were her food,
and her vomit darkness."

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: 4. Aug 2015, 12:25 »
Honestly , i use him almost every time but i never pay money so he can level up , for me it's just a waste , considering new abilities he gets. And Mauhur , i remmember him from edain mod for BFME1 evil campaign :D too bad that he is just a summon now. I don't think that he needs a weapon switch, i'm okay with crossbow only :) . "Mahur and his elite scouts have 300% visition range and 20% damage for 20 seconds." well , isn't 300% too much? it's half of the map :D maybe it was supposed to be 30% :) . Other abilities are good i think :)
I think that weapon switch is fit for him. If he has only crossbow, he can't destroy buildings. Also, Other uruk scouts have melee attack and weapon switch, so Mauhur will be an easy target only with crossbow.

Mauhur has only "Gather Scent " ability in 4.1.1. You can try this ability in game. He does not reveal half of the map. I just kept this ability, it is fit for his scout role. Maybe Gather Scent needs only small change. ;)

Though I would put it as a 200% view range, and a 25% speed increase.
after all speed is more important for scouts XD
Yes, I agree, probably this is better for him. ;)

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #6 am: 4. Aug 2015, 12:50 »
i think its an awesome idea

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: 4. Aug 2015, 15:04 »
Nice idea, must say that I haven't play so much with Billy boy, simply because for now I play only vs AI, not yet tried PvP, so I can't speak about benefit of Billy's abilities in general. Of course against AI, I never used him as scout hero. :)

Like this idea about Mauhur, like selection of ablities, only I found that explosive shoot exotic. I prefer to replace that with some AoE trap ability, which could have stun effect or armour decrease effect or hp decrease effect on all units in general (including heros) or only heroes. Personally think that trap more suits to scout hero than explosive shoot. :)

P.S. Nice suggestion about Ugluk, that ability fits. You used that book/movie situation with Rohhirim as inspiration, nicely done.  ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 4. Aug 2015, 15:37 von CragLord »

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: 4. Aug 2015, 15:30 »
Like this idea about Mauhur, like selection of ablities, only I found that explosive shoot exotic. I prefer to replace that with some AoE trap ability, which could have stun effect or armour decrease effect or hp decrease effect on all units in general (including heros)
or only heroes. Personally think that trap more suits to scout hero than explosive shoot. :)
Yes, maybe explosive shoot is not fit for him, but this is fit for Isengard. :D
But Lurtz/Grima already has abilities with stun effect or armour decrease effect.
Maybe just change this ability to Fire bolt?

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: 4. Aug 2015, 17:24 »
And what about explosive trap? :)
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Sep 2015, 20:03 von CragLord »

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #10 am: 4. Aug 2015, 19:00 »
And what about explosive trap? :)
I do not know, maybe if you have some good effect for this explosive trap. ;)

Or maybe something like this with fire:

Level 8: Fire trap
Mauhur shots a few fire bolts to selected small area. Selected areas will burn for short time. Enemy units and heroes move slowly and get fire damage in this area.
« Letzte Änderung: 4. Aug 2015, 19:44 von Tienety »

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #11 am: 4. Aug 2015, 19:12 »
Fire trap sounds like good choice. :)
Just to be some kind of trap, that is better than any kind of shoot in my opinion. :P

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #12 am: 5. Aug 2015, 08:15 »
Well since he is a Scout a trap against strong Against Units will be more fitting that a Shot strong against Heroes I think! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #13 am: 8. Aug 2015, 20:51 »
Seriously - what is Bill Ferny doing in Isengard? xD

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #14 am: 8. Aug 2015, 20:52 »
i dont think Bill Ferny fitt for isengard