16. Apr 2024, 13:19 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Who will be better for scout role in Isengard?

Mauhur
61 (77.2%)
Bill Ferny
18 (22.8%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 71

Autor Thema: New scout hero for Isengard  (Gelesen 19804 mal)

mauhir42

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: New scout hero for Isengard
« Antwort #30 am: 5. Dez 2015, 04:21 »
Man this is a great idea..i agree bill ferny must go and mauhur is perfect replacement..what does the efain team think?

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • I can do quite a bit of coding myself :P
« Antwort #31 am: 5. Dez 2015, 08:11 »
If you want to remove Bill Ferny as a scout hero, but still keep him ingame;                                 perhaps Isengard could get a new outpost/settlement  building?                                                   It would have the same look as an inn, and it'd be called "House of the traiters"                   And in it, you could hire Bill Ferny, and some Bree spear-men.(They can probably use the same model as Rohan's Traiter Spearmen) The spearmen would be very weak. The house should be pretty cheap, and i've thought of some abillities for it.

We have our sources.
Description: locates the nearest enemy battalion.

We need more men: Cost 300-500+.
Description: Causes the Spearmen of bree to come out in a battalion twice the size
(They come out in a battalion of 10  when you first buy them, so they'd now be in a horde of 20).                                                                                           
Sup :P

helloa2134

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #32 am: 5. Dez 2015, 09:19 »
Im not sure what purpose those men of Bree would serve.  Does Isengard really need a cheap spear unit? I'm not convinced they do.

ringbearer

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #33 am: 5. Dez 2015, 09:35 »
Isengard has a cheap ( free ) spear unit :D Wulfgar's new ability ;) ... and why wouldn't isen need a cheap spear unit , everybody needs it, early cavalary rush and you are done

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • I can do quite a bit of coding myself :P
« Antwort #34 am: 5. Dez 2015, 11:08 »
Isengard has a cheap ( free ) spear unit :D Wulfgar's new ability ;) ... and why wouldn't isen need a cheap spear unit , everybody needs it, early cavalary rush and you are done

That was why I chose spears :P Wulfgar's abillity is level 5, so I don't think he'd be able to counter early cavalry rushes.
Sup :P

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #35 am: 5. Dez 2015, 16:17 »
I don't wanna spoil the party but isn't Mauhur already in the game as a LVL10 temp summon for Ugluk?
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

lotr1997

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • This is SauronlordoftheEarth from modb LOVE EDAIN!
« Antwort #36 am: 8. Dez 2015, 09:36 »
I am not very fond of Bill Ferny for sure i think this would be absolutely great if it was added into the game, great proposal  :)
« Letzte Änderung: 8. Dez 2015, 09:40 von lotr1997 »
There is only one lord of the rings, only one who can bend it to his will, and he does not share power!

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #37 am: 8. Dez 2015, 19:15 »
Mauhur  is not the only isengard orc that can be a scout

mauhir42

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #38 am: 9. Dez 2015, 08:12 »
Greetings to all..my idea for Mauhur is a bit different.Mauhurs weapon would remain the axe with no bow toggle since lurtz already has that covered.level one power would be gather the scent..a large portion of the map would be revealed to the isengard player and all nearby enemy units detected.level three power would be called tight rations..Mauhur would complain of having nothing to eat but maggoty bread for three stinking days..Mauhur and all nearby uruk scouts would get a 15 percent attack bonus but a 15 percent speed decrease for 25 seconds.level five power would be called manflesh..Mauhur would regenerate health while killing enemies and gain a large attack and armor bonus for 20 seconds.level eight power would be a great axe throw which does good damage to heroes.level ten power would be called Mauhurs Lads ..Mauhur would hear his captain ugluks call and summon two battalions of level two uruk scouts complete with shield and bow upgrades.these troops would stay on the field until killed.Mauhur would cost 1400 just like ugluk and lurtz.isengard would be complete with three stout uruk leaders.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #39 am: 9. Dez 2015, 09:17 »
Bill Ferny is a scout hero, which is what the concept here is for. There wouldn't be room to have Mauhur as a full fledged hero.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

mauhir42

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #40 am: 9. Dez 2015, 18:53 »
I get it about the scout hero..but i dont understand when you say there wouldnt be room for another regular hero.look at how many heroes mordor has.Regardless i still support the Mauhur scout hero idea that the original poster has too.hopefully one day Mauhur will have a little bigger role in the mod.never hurts to have a couple of different ideas floating around.

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #41 am: 10. Dez 2015, 00:15 »
Of course, it doesn't hurt. But if they get shot down, you musn't be discouraged. Keep posting and eventually your ideas will improve over time. If Bill Ferny would be replaced by Mauhur (which already has an interesting rendition, in my opinion, or Lugdush for that matter, some draft on what kind of abilities he would use would be required. Thankfully, Tienety already kindly presented a set of abilities similar to that of Ferny so that's checked.
While I agree that it would be more logical to have an Uruk as a fighting scout hero, Ferny's final ability is important in competitive 1v1, because he aids Isengard in overcoming their ''weaker'' early game. I don't know what the team thinks, but I believe it would be important to have a hero with that kind of ability, especially if you have an adversary that pins you in your base with an early rush so that you can either purchase more defenses or research the Machinery of War upgrade sooner and actually start getting out more combat effective troops, because Isengard will have a rough time. Especially Peasants will do some nasty things to early game Isengard, depending on the map.
All in all, I would agree with this proposal, if some resources benefitting ability would be given to him, similar in power and timing as Ferny, or earlier timing, but with weaker benefits.

Greetings.

“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #42 am: 10. Dez 2015, 04:54 »
Actually, ever since the latest patch Isengard is not weak early game anymore, they are now one of the strongest. Spam out a few wildmen and save up for Wulfgar.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #43 am: 10. Dez 2015, 04:58 »
Are they? What changed suddenly that made them strong then? Wulfgar's abilities? What you speak of has been the go-to strategy for quite some patches now, because otherwise you'll probably get rolled in 1v1. Unless ET changed their minds, I still remember them saying that Isengard is supposed to be weaker early game.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #44 am: 10. Dez 2015, 09:54 »
Well, in practice, combined with Bill Ferny, Isengard Wildmen EG can wreck most others. The only ones who can give them a good run are Rohan, and even then some good Bill micro can wreck them. The new abilities for Wulfgar make a big difference, I rush him now just like I rush Gamling as Rohan.