28. Mär 2024, 09:03 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Aesthetic Changes for the Dwarves  (Gelesen 51951 mal)

CragLord

• Gast
Aesthetic Changes for the Dwarves
« am: 4. Aug 2015, 20:33 »
There are few "cosmetic" changes that could refresh Dwarven faction.
I suggest next simple changes:

What do you think about this? :) Any suggestions about  similar "minor" changes?
« Letzte Änderung: 22. Feb 2016, 12:43 von CragLord »

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
Re: Minor "Cosmetic" changes for Dwarven faction
« Antwort #1 am: 4. Aug 2015, 21:13 »
You didn't lie, those were really minor changes. :D
But you are right to point them out, it's what makes the game more polish.
I particularly agree about Dain.

"That still only counts as one!"

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: 4. Aug 2015, 21:46 »
Thank you! :P :)
If you notice in future anything similar or get similar "minor" improving idea, this is right place for comment. ;) :)
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Sep 2015, 20:03 von CragLord »

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #3 am: 5. Aug 2015, 06:19 »
agree on everything

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: 5. Aug 2015, 08:44 »
Nice ideas. I Agree with everything except Drar ability.
Maybe Drar just needs new more realistic ability, but requirement of catapult fot "Barrage" ability is too big disadvantages for him. :o

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #5 am: 5. Aug 2015, 08:54 »
About Drar I a still with you about the ability to summon Ballistast! :) If those cool Iron Ballistas will not be integrated in the normal Siege Units this wil lbe the best place for them! :) And Murin could be able to summon War Chariots with Semi-Automatic Crossbows infornt! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #6 am: 5. Aug 2015, 16:14 »
i think the Iron Ballistas  its better too

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: 5. Aug 2015, 17:21 »

As I said it is radical suggestion.  xD
Well, I have found that Barrage in combination with Sabotage very useful expecially against buildings. I don't think that I would use Barrage ever against units (only in some extreme cases) sipmly because damage of this ability can't destroy single battalion of units. Because of that I like Drár as building disabler and moderate building destroyer. I propose this because of simple logic about that falling rocks (something must catapulted those rocks before they could fall down, it fits in dwarven warfare. :) )
I will try to justify my preposition again with this explanation: This is level 10 ability, it takes time while Drár gets this level, meanwhile player should be able to produce and save one catapult behind base. :)

Yes, I also like idea about that Iron Hills movie balistas. But I am not sharing idea for them in summoning ability, simply because I share idea about integrate this units in siege works. Reasons:
Every Dwarven Kingdom in game already have some diversities in siege units. Catapults from any of Kingdoms are already different and this is good touch. But every Kingdom should have one unique siege unit. Erebor already has Earth Shaker, Iron Hills  should have Balista, and for Ered Luin we should create something in future.
About Murin and warchariots, I am for integration of movie's chariots model with rams into Iron Hills faction, just with one simple change in design. Rams to be replaced with wild boars. Some idea (one of your pervous proposals) about look:
I am not for summoning spell of permanent chariots, simply because this kind of ability won't be unique, it already exist in Kings Dains palanir. Instead I am for modification of Murin's trampling abiliy, simply dwarven soldiers should be replaced with war chariots. This chariots should have same trampling area (width of area), maybe longer path of moving. Those chariots will trample any kind of infantry in front of Murin and clean area of enemies. This is also radical suggestion. xD I propose its implementation this way because permanent summon already exist. (Also if possible to change model of those warchariots in Kings Dain palantir)
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Sep 2015, 20:02 von CragLord »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #8 am: 5. Aug 2015, 17:36 »
I also want much more and would like if the Ballistas  are intagrated as permament Units(see my earth Shaker Thread :) ) and War Chariots as new skin for Battlewagons I even suggested that long time ago,the reason I am going with the Summon cuz that way there is bigger chance for the tTeam to aprove it and use it sicne they do not seem to want to intagrate anything permament Dwavish from the Movies(Excpet Dain and Thorin Armors) ! The War Charios are fein with Rams the Boar is for the royal Faimly Dain only and in the Movie they are pulled by Rams but I tihnk those Chariots should have their Crossbows infront but may be wiothut few upgrades! :) While other Factions Battlewagons can also be changed with other Conceptual Arts http://media.moddb.com/images/members/1/762/761504/10915230_919751234702804_18702203341688574_n.jpg
Erebor can have the the Brown Rams while Ered Luin the White Goats :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: 5. Aug 2015, 23:51 »
That is nice idea about changing  rams in battlewagons models for each kingdom, more diversity is something good, game is more polished, I really like this. Maybe is best to continue disscusion about siege weapons at your thread and for this topic save some minor changes, model changes isn't something minor. Adamin once told me that about 20 or more hours is necessary for successful model making. Any minor changes LordDain? :P :D

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #10 am: 6. Aug 2015, 08:36 »
I am a bit of modeler and yes it takes a lot of time both Coddin and Modeling :D But that aside well I think Durin's Cape shiould be Dark/Black or at least Dark Red I just do not like this Green it doesnt suit him at least to my opinion :)

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #11 am: 6. Aug 2015, 15:44 »
I am a bit of modeler and yes it takes a lot of time both Coddin and Modeling :D But that aside well I think Durin's Cape shiould be Dark/Black or at least Dark Red I just do not like this Green it doesnt suit him at least to my opinion :)
agree

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: 16. Aug 2015, 03:32 »
Agree with your suggestion, dark red is most suitable in my opinion. :)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #13 am: 16. Aug 2015, 08:52 »
Thank you CragLord! :) It is jsut to me that Green is not so Dwarvish like and doesnt fit his Armor like over all and his style too! :) Dark Red or Black are the best choices to me! :)

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #14 am: 16. Aug 2015, 09:38 »
i agree. Dark red cape is more suitable for Durin. 8-)