1. Mai 2024, 10:16 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Aesthetic Changes for the Dwarves  (Gelesen 53532 mal)

CragLord

• Gast
Re: Minor "Cosmetic" changes for Dwarven faction
« Antwort #60 am: 23. Aug 2015, 19:28 »
That is picture from WarCraft 3, custom dwarven campain. :) Yes, I know everything about that game. :) Also I don't find it suitable for this game. And Gray, of course it is important that you tried. :) And it is minor change. :)
I also don't find current palantir of that ability in game so good.  ;)

Now I will back this discussion on earlier proposed CaH palantir looks.
First I tried to do a little discussion before we even propose anything about this. So as LordDain said:
Exactly! But there should be told few words about current situation in game.
I know this is not only matter of palantirs, but I must underline next. Currently in game this is looks of Veteran and Wanderer:
So problem we occur here is that current Veteran's model looks more like some experienced old dwarf who is expert in demolishing of structures, more than some strong warrior who will kill a lot of enemy units on battlefield. And for Wanderer look, he simply look more like dwarven hero who is specialized into enemy unit killing (also his current equipement suits this role, versa for Veteran). But this is maybe just my opinion. :D
So minor change which also could be done here is swaping of models. :)
And about palantir looks, currently in game we have those:
And if Veteran is more experienced into unit killing maybe this picture for him:
simply because on this one it looks more armored and prepared for fight. And about Wanderer, maybe that picture with that "siege" hammer:
So what are you guys thinking about this idea? :)
Agree about this. :D
It is from WarCraft 3, of course it is cartoonish.  :P :D

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #61 am: 23. Aug 2015, 19:39 »
I agree with CragLord about swaping the Models to be more apropriate about their Roles and even about the Palantirs!You stated good reasons and I agree! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #62 am: 23. Aug 2015, 19:48 »
yea good idea crag

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #63 am: 23. Aug 2015, 21:23 »
Ok, considering all I wrote on previous comment, maybe it won't be bad to use this picture
for palantir of this model:
and that model fits generally into description of unit killer hero, which is Veteran in this case.
And for palantir of this model
we could use some of those pictures:
With maybe change of beard color to white.
I also found this picture, I think it is good for that "old dwarf" model's palantir:
or this one
with change of beard color ofc. :)
And that old model will be new Wanderer, or class which is good at destroying buildings. :)

What do you think about this? :)

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #64 am: 23. Aug 2015, 22:18 »
Nice pictures. Personally, I think that this two pictures are most suitable for CaH dwarves:
Wanderer:
Veteran:
« Letzte Änderung: 23. Aug 2015, 23:25 von Tienety »

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #65 am: 23. Aug 2015, 22:30 »
Thank you Tienety!  :)
I have added new minor change that you have suggested for Guardians on main list, also I have added some "minor" changes for Brand's Hawk. Later I will add also this about dwarven CaH.
Have you any more change on mind? :D

I was thinking, it is much easier just to switch Classes description instead of switching models. :) So Veteran will be building destroyer in description, and Wanderer unit killer?
What you think about this? :)
« Letzte Änderung: 23. Aug 2015, 22:33 von CragLord »

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #66 am: 23. Aug 2015, 23:41 »
i think its a grate idea crag

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
  • "The tower guard shall take up the call!"
« Antwort #67 am: 26. Sep 2015, 10:11 »
The people over at the SEE mod have been making iron hills dwarves models, and since the english community really want them and the edain team dont have a modeller spare to do them maybe you could ask the SEE team if you could borrow a few of their models as their quality is very good and the edain team are already using some of their models for the misty mountains faction http://forums.revora.net/topic/103142-see-iron-hills-dwarves/
"I would have followed you my brother my captain my king"

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #68 am: 26. Sep 2015, 11:23 »
I apriciate your concern and thoughts about the En Community and all and I am very well familiar with Nazgul and his work,it is not only the maing of the Models that is the problem my friend,it is that the Team just do not like Movie Models and likes their own more and they said they will never use Movie Models! :) As sadden as I am from the fact there is nothing we can do to make them like something they dislike so much! :)
But still I am gratefull for you effort! :) Thank you very much! :)
Greetings! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
  • "The tower guard shall take up the call!"
« Antwort #69 am: 26. Sep 2015, 12:21 »
I apriciate your concern and thoughts about the En Community and all and I am very well familiar with Nazgul and his work,it is not only the maing of the Models that is the problem my friend,it is that the Team just do not like Movie Models and likes their own more and they said they will never use Movie Models! :) As sadden as I am from the fact there is nothing we can do to make them like something they dislike so much! :)
But still I am gratefull for you effort! :) Thank you very much! :)
Greetings! :)

Such a shame
"I would have followed you my brother my captain my king"

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #70 am: 26. Sep 2015, 12:44 »
Indeed mate!But nothing we can do about it! :)

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #71 am: 28. Sep 2015, 19:17 »
The problems with Naz models are, that they are to much detailed. The result of these are lags and performance issues. Yes, Naz constitutes the polys down, but 80% of his 1024x1024 UVW mains are black and unused. Additionally his models have so much faces inside and lightning errors, it needs a lot of work to handle this stuff. Last: The models do not fit the skelleton of the animation sets. Just look at the image if you dont know what i mean: http://forums.revora.net/topic/101486-see-dain-ii-ironfoot/page-9
I think if we want to implement some new dwarves -> We will do it ourselves.

There some interesting ideas in this thread. I will color the proposals that I have implemented.

I have a request: If you have some sound suggestions like the one for durins master of stones, could you please post some examples? Thanks!
« Letzte Änderung: 28. Sep 2015, 19:31 von Ealendril »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #72 am: 28. Sep 2015, 19:31 »
I agree and udnerstand what Ealendril is trying to say in this case!!Naz uses zBrush which while creating good Models is not so well suited for BFME,the best fro BFME I think is Max! :)
I will be mor than happy to see Edain own Version of Those Dwarves,after all Edain has really one of the best Models out there! :)

And Ea I think that the summorized Suggestion we have made are on the First Post collected by CragLord himself,if you need something else just tell me! :)
And if it is not too much to ask for I would like to know your Opinion on this Suggestion I made in the Main Thread here! :)

Greetings and thank you for the time spended and the reply,I for once really apriciate it! :)

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #73 am: 28. Sep 2015, 19:33 »
Zitat
And Ea I think that the summorized Suggestion we have made are on the First Post collected by CragLord himself,if you need something else just tell me! :)
Noticed.  :o My fault. [ugly]

Zitat
And if it is not too much to ask for I would like to know your Opinion on this Suggestion I made in the Main Thread here!
Yes, i will deal with it.^^

What do you think, does this sound fits for Durins "Master of stones"?
http://soundbible.com/1764-Cave-In.html

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #74 am: 28. Sep 2015, 19:42 »
No problem at all!  [ugly]

I am glad you will look into my suggestion,I am eagerly awaiting your opinion about it! :)

But I must say my opinion about the idea of Tienity for Two Handed Axes for Iron Hills ,I have alwys seen Two Handed Axes,Swords as a Weapon for an Elite Warrior,Nobleman or Hero not smething to be used from Regular Soldiers! :) for Example a Captain or Banner Carrier can have Two Handed Weapon but not every single Soldied,at least that is my opinion! :)

The sounds is really good,good quality and clear sound,I can only suggest if possible to make somehow louder,somethin more like big stone avalanche! :) But I really like the sound! :)
« Letzte Änderung: 28. Sep 2015, 19:58 von LordDainIronfoot »