27. Apr 2024, 17:28 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Battlewagon Improvements  (Gelesen 6370 mal)

bookworm1138

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Lasto beth nîn, tolo dan nan galad"
Battlewagon Improvements
« am: 4. Aug 2015, 20:53 »
I love what the Edain team has done with the Dwarven factions. giving them so much movie/book personality really makes up for them being one of the only factions with no cavalry.

Which brings me to the battle-wagons. I never use them in 4.1.1. because i feel like they got nerfed...HARD! like, even on 95% handicap, the enemy can destroy a battle-wagon easily (and i'm not talking just spearmen: orc warriors could destroy a battle-wagon with no problem).

I can totally accept a faction that has no cavalry, especially when it's the Dwarves (IH Dain kind of counts, but not really because he's just one hero), but is there a logical reason for nerfing battle-wagons? were they too OP in the base game/previous versions of Edain?

As far as suggestions, i would just say not to increase their attack, but to give them a few more hit points, just so that they don't die so easily.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

Dardrad_of_Ered_Luin

• Thain des Auenlandes
Re: Battlewagon Improvements
« Antwort #1 am: 4. Aug 2015, 22:17 »
bookworm1138 agree with the times and used battlewagon are very weak and do not last long in battle
All good dwarf never flee from a fight

Draco100000

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Revenge? REVENGE? I will show you revenge!
« Antwort #2 am: 7. Aug 2015, 00:34 »
I love what the Edain team has done with the Dwarven factions. giving them so much movie/book personality really makes up for them being one of the only factions with no cavalry.

Which brings me to the battle-wagons. I never use them in 4.1.1. because i feel like they got nerfed...HARD! like, even on 95% handicap, the enemy can destroy a battle-wagon easily (and i'm not talking just spearmen: orc warriors could destroy a battle-wagon with no problem).

I can totally accept a faction that has no cavalry, especially when it's the Dwarves (IH Dain kind of counts, but not really because he's just one hero), but is there a logical reason for nerfing battle-wagons? were they too OP in the base game/previous versions of Edain?

As far as suggestions, i would just say not to increase their attack, but to give them a few more hit points, just so that they don't die so easily.
Agree. more healthpoints, maybe double healthpoints. i only use them to throw a barrel and give me leadership,if they go to the front, my battle wagons get destroyed in a few seconds against infantry and instakilled by pikemen.

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #3 am: 7. Aug 2015, 11:34 »
I'm ok when they get instakilled by pikesmen but I'm not when they lose half hitpoints when charging swordsmen.
Thumbs up guys, I'm behind you!

"That still only counts as one!"

Skeeverboy

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • Bankai Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
« Antwort #4 am: 18. Aug 2015, 15:00 »
Swordsman can't kill easy a battlewagon. Can you show a replay or something like that?

Draco100000

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Revenge? REVENGE? I will show you revenge!
« Antwort #5 am: 18. Aug 2015, 15:20 »
Swordsman can't kill easy a battlewagon. Can you show a replay or something like that?
Are you sure? they simply get him because of lack of crampling and become useless in close combat, is obviously that the battlewagon is simply a support unit to give heal and leadership, or a few support fire to nearby troops. Receive lot of damage from swordsmen,so cant fight against even a sigle battallion, so i use to put them on defensive stance and use them to give bonus to troops.

Hal9000

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: 18. Aug 2015, 15:52 »
I agree, I think that battlewagons are too weak, I also suggest you some ideas:

Axe Thrower upgrade should throw visually forged axes and the damage should be increased and bowmans should shoot fire arrows.
I feel that this improvement is not very useful at the moment. I also offer a new upgrade available : "Steel armor" that would increase the hit points of the battlewagon, it would be more difficult to destroy but we must choose between this upgrade and the others : Leadership, Axe Thrower/bowmans upgrade or Hearth upgrade. What do you think of these ideas? (sorry for my english)/

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #7 am: 20. Aug 2015, 06:09 »
Battlewagons indeed can be buffed they need it!A little more Health  and Armor!
P.S. and with the EE of BoFA o think they may be changed to War Chariots which will be cool! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #8 am: 18. Okt 2015, 21:38 »
Battlewagons indeed can be buffed they need it!A little more Health  and Armor!
P.S. and with the EE of BoFA o think they may be changed to War Chariots which will be cool! :-)

Totally agreed! They really do need some more armour.

And I'd be great if their design is changed to look more like this:

https://legergy.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/104.png

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
« Antwort #9 am: 18. Okt 2015, 22:46 »
^^I agree too! I really like that chariot, and with the release of the EE of BOTFA it will be great if the Team makes the battlewagon look more like the chariots in the movie  :).

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #10 am: 19. Okt 2015, 09:12 »
what about a war chariot upgrade with a crossbow on it my god how awesome would it be !!!!

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #11 am: 19. Okt 2015, 09:52 »
what about a war chariot upgrade with a crossbow on it my god how awesome would it be !!!!

You mean like in the extended edition?

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #12 am: 19. Okt 2015, 18:06 »
yes it was awesome

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #13 am: 19. Okt 2015, 19:47 »
yes it was awesome
yes of course it is, what else could it be?

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #14 am: 19. Okt 2015, 21:13 »
what s your problem now ?

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #15 am: 19. Okt 2015, 22:11 »
what s your problem now ?
it´s just awesome

NetoD20

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • BAN-KAI! Tear off... Golden Demon Slayer Jizõ!!!
« Antwort #16 am: 19. Okt 2015, 22:41 »
Maybe we could have smaller sized redesigned chariots (two rams) and a big one with various rams as one of Balin's skills that could carry more than one hero.

"I'm getting too old for this." Lol

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #17 am: 19. Okt 2015, 22:58 »
Gandalf the Gray and korner, what's happening now?

Could you please maintain both of you a quiet and constructive attitude on this topic?
There might be also other people interested in this thread, and, I'm sure that this kind of comments is not the most suitable and helpful thing for this discussion.
If you have little 'disputes'/debates between you, you can easily sort them out via PMs, always in the pacific and gentle way suggested here.

Greetings  :)

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #18 am: 19. Okt 2015, 23:09 »

This is really funny  ;)

Each time I post any criticism, I get attacked for being rude.

Now I once agree with a statement - and get warned again for nothing?
« Letzte Änderung: 19. Okt 2015, 23:19 von DieWalküre »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #19 am: 19. Okt 2015, 23:27 »

If you read my comment again, you will see that I referred to both of you.
It wouldn't be the first time, especially in the Dwarven Section, that little and futile incomprehensions cause the topic to get confusing and more difficult to follow.

No one is 'warning' you or others.
I'm just advising you regarding the condition of the discussion itself, what really matters here  :)