28. Mär 2024, 10:21 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Should Eomer gain abilities to make him a better mass slayer, and Merry a couple of new abilities to let him mount and trample?

Yes to both
12 (28.6%)
No to both
13 (31%)
Yes to Eomer
9 (21.4%)
Yes to Merry
8 (19%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 36

Autor Thema: Poll: New Abilities for Eomer and a pony mount for Merry  (Gelesen 10740 mal)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
Re: Poll: New Abilities for Eomer and a pony mount for Merry
« Antwort #30 am: 10. Aug 2015, 17:03 »
Zitat
Yes, you're right. Dain made a mistake. Erkenbrand will be mass slayer and Eomer gets his old role: Moster killer with support abilities. :P
Thats in fact the mainly problem and the reason, why Eomer gets a new role in Edain 4.0. Rohan has already really good supporters: Gamling, Theoden and Theodred. Additionally Rohan has a Herocounter and Monsterslayer: Eowyn. Then we have the scout Merry and the tank Hama.
Eomer has a great massslayer ability on Level 10, a passive pillage ability to gain ressources by slaughter groups of enemies and his spear at earlier stages.
If we transform Eomer up to a herocounter and supporter, Eomer will compete with every other hero in Rohan.
Currently there is no need to define Erkenbrand as a full massslayer hero for Rohan.

Sorry, but i have to reject this proposal.

PS: If we look up to the poll:
No to both -> (44%)

I'm going to restate something that I think has been forgotten in the wake of people saying Erkenbrand should be made a full hero, which I went along with due to popular demand and is NOT the original point of this poll. The point of this poll was to redo or strengthen Eomer's abilities AS the mass slayer of Rohan. I just think that as a mass slayer his abilities need to be changed or buffed, his level 10 ability does practically no damage to upgraded armies and takes nearly as long as Gandalfs Word of Power to recharge, how is that fair? Not to mention the tiny area of effect. Additionally, Murin gets an identical ability on level 5, which does equivalent damage to enemies.

Eomer's spear throw only kills incredibly weak enemies like orcs, any upgraded units will barely take damage from it. Both his Outlaw Leadership and Memorial abilities are support skills, and memorial is really freaking bad for a level 7 ability, +20% damage for allies and -20% attack damage for enemies? That's it? Most leaderships at level 1 are better than that and move with the hero, not fixed on a point of ground like Memorial. These 2 abilities don't suit his role as a mass slayer. My original idea was to just buff his mass slayer abilities and replace Memorial with something more suiting, which is still the main point of this poll. I think Eomer suits the Mass Slayer roll well enough from the portrayal of his character, but his abilities are just so weak that it doesn't even come close to other mass slayer heroes late game.

Additionally, if you combine the "Yes to Both" and "Yes to Eomer" votes, you get 42.3% of the entire vote, which is not far below the no to both vote, looks to me like a practically even split :P
Not trying to argue with the team lead here but that is the original idea for this poll, thanks for reading :)

EDIT: The Yes to Both and Yes to Eomer votes now outernumber the no to both votes.
« Letzte Änderung: 15. Aug 2015, 17:10 von Elite KryPtik »
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!