28. Mär 2024, 18:14 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Should Eomer gain abilities to make him a better mass slayer, and Merry a couple of new abilities to let him mount and trample?

Yes to both
12 (28.6%)
No to both
13 (31%)
Yes to Eomer
9 (21.4%)
Yes to Merry
8 (19%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 36

Autor Thema: Poll: New Abilities for Eomer and a pony mount for Merry  (Gelesen 10745 mal)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
4th and final poll for today :)

So I think everyone can agree that Eomer as a mass slayer is really pathetic, the weakest one in the game. I think his abilities need to be reworked, especially Memorial, which is truly terrible for a 4th ability. I'll put my ability suggestions in this post, if you vote yes please post your own suggestions to improve Eomer's abilities as a mass slayer.

Eomer Abilities
Level 1: Mount
No description needed
Level 1: Spear Throw.
Effect: The same as the current ability, but as Eomer gains higher levels the spear knocks back enemies in a bigger area and does more damage. At level 4, it affects 50% more area and deals 50% more damage, then again at level 7, and then again at level 10.
Level 4: Fury of Guthwine
Effect: Eomer damages and knocks back all enemies in a fair distance front of him.
Level 7: Charge of Firefoot
Effect: Eomer will gain +100% movement speed and cannot be slowed while trampling for 30 seconds.
Level 10: Same ability as the current level 10, including name and description, except 2 lines of horsemen charge, damaging and knocking back enemies, with 10 seconds in between them. This would also deal much more damage than it currently does.

As for Merry, I think rather than his current ability to just run 20% faster, he should be able to mount his pony, Stybba, so that he can keep up with the cavalry of Rohan late game. While mounted on his pony, he cannot trample enemies by default, but instead of Dagger of the Noldor, he would get a different level 10 ability to allow him to temporarily trample for 20 seconds. Also, while mounted he would not be able to use conceal to go invisible to the enemy.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Tienety

• Gast
Re: Poll: New Abilities for Eomer and a pony mount for Merry
« Antwort #1 am: 6. Aug 2015, 08:52 »
I agree with pony for Merry. This would be very helpful for him.
Maybe he can have on foot his Dagger of the Noldor and on pony new trample ability.

I like Eomer abilities in mod except Leonidas's spear:  [uglybunti]
Leonidas in 300

Eomer can kill two mumakils with the his spear in movie. This spear should be effective against a monster like in movie:
Eomer's spear
i like more Eomer's spear from vanilla. 8-|

Eomer has a very useful ability against units on level 10 but I think it's too late.
Maybe just add this ability in weaker version on level 3 and this ability can get more riders on level 5, 7 and 10.
« Letzte Änderung: 6. Aug 2015, 13:47 von Tienety »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #2 am: 6. Aug 2015, 09:00 »
Well if we give Merry a Pony shouldn't this mean that we have to give a Pony to Bilbo too in the same manner!? Do not get me wrong I like the idea and am all for it! :)
I like that Eomers Spear should do a little bit more DMG with highest LV he gets but still shouldnt it be stronger agaisnt Heroes since he killed the Mumakil riders with one Shot!? :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #3 am: 6. Aug 2015, 09:21 »
I like Memorial. Actually I like Eomer's skillset. But it's true his spear ability could use some buff, like either more damage or a bigger area of effect.

As for Merry, I'd rather give him the ability to ride with Eowyn, if possible. :)

"That still only counts as one!"

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #4 am: 6. Aug 2015, 09:41 »
Riding with Eowin would mean that you will lose your Scout and lose one Hero over all cuz you combine them! Adn where you sent Merryy or Eowin the other wil lbe there even if you ant it elsewhere! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #5 am: 6. Aug 2015, 09:45 »
Who needs a scout when the game has reached 25 minutes?
Of course there would be some kind of interaction, otherwise it would be pointless you are right.  ;)

"That still only counts as one!"

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #6 am: 6. Aug 2015, 10:00 »
Do not get me worng I like you idea about Eowin  it would be cool and that way it will mean the Merry will always have someone stronger to protect him! :) But still I think the Pony will be better! :)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #7 am: 6. Aug 2015, 17:14 »
Well yes, his spear should technically be more damaging to single units, because of its portrayal in the movie. But you have to look at it from a gameplay perspective, Eowyn already has a hero/monster killer spear throw, and Eomer's role as stated by the team is to be the mass slayer of Rohan. Which is another reason why memorial doesn't fit, as that's a support ability, and a really weak one for a level 7 skill.

As for the pony mount for Merry, I suggested that because Rohan is a cavalry faction. Technically all the hobbits have had pony mounts, except maybe Frodo. From a practical gameplay perspective however, Bilbo wouldn't need a mount because the Dwarves are 95% infantry, same thing with Pippin and Gondor except for the few people who use Gondor Knights, and Knights of Dol Amroth.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: 6. Aug 2015, 18:22 »
Well yes, his spear should technically be more damaging to single units, because of its portrayal in the movie. But you have to look at it from a gameplay perspective, Eowyn already has a hero/monster killer spear throw, and Eomer's role as stated by the team is to be the mass slayer of Rohan. Which is another reason why memorial doesn't fit, as that's a support ability, and a really weak one for a level 7 skill.
But It is this role "mass slayer" a fit for him?
Some of his abilites from book or movie are not fit for this role like memorial or spear from movie.
Eomer's spear has more damage against monster and Eowyn's spear has more damage against heroes in old version and vanilla. I like more this system and this is more fit for Eomer and Eowyn.
Maybe he can have his old role from vanilla and old version: moster killer with support abilities.

Maybe Erkenbrand can be new mass slayer for Rohan. He was tall, strong and reminding of Helm Hammerhand. So, He probably kill many orcs and uruk-hai in Battle of Helm's Deep. I think that this role is fit for him.
« Letzte Änderung: 6. Aug 2015, 19:40 von Tienety »

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: 6. Aug 2015, 19:34 »
But this is this role "mass slayer" a fit for him?
I really don't know. It feels to me like an artificial implementation. Which abilities Eomer has as a mass slayer? Except
Zitat
Leonidas spear

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #10 am: 6. Aug 2015, 22:17 »
I agree with you guys, but I didn't make the mod. I'm just going based off the roles the team wanted to give each hero.

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #11 am: 6. Aug 2015, 22:30 »
I'm just going based off the roles the team wanted to give each hero.
We know, but it does not mean, that change is impossible. :P xD

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #12 am: 6. Aug 2015, 22:47 »
Well Rohan needs a mass slayer hero, who will do it if not Eomer? He is the only one suited to the role based on his character, unless my other poll effects change and Erkenbrand is made into a full hero. Erkenbrand would probably be the best suited to being a mass slayer, if he were a full hero.

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #13 am: 6. Aug 2015, 22:58 »
Erkenbrand can be new mass slayer for Rohan. He was tall, strong and reminding of Helm Hammerhand. So, He probably kill many orcs and uruk-hai in Battle of Helm's Deep. I think that this role is fit for him.
I think that Tienety described it perfectly. ;)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #14 am: 6. Aug 2015, 23:18 »
I agree wholeheartedly. Any thoughts, Edain developers? :D