28. Mär 2024, 13:05 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Option to Build Heroes From Three Building Outposts  (Gelesen 3901 mal)

Aragorn_Frodo

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Have No Fear, ARAGORN_FRODO Is Here!
I have to say, that this is the best mod, if not the best GAME, that I have ever played.

That said, I just finished a war of the ring with Gondor vs Isengard, and was amazed that you were able to eliminate crashes in war of the ring. There were a few bugs, however, that you probably have noticed, but I am going to point them out anyway, if you haven't.

When a hero dies, it is impossible to revive him. Luckily, the four main heroes just re-spawn in the living world map. The other heroes do not, so if they die, they are gone forever.

Pippin is not even recruitible from the living world fortress. He is there, but unselectable. Gandalf and Beregrond were selectable, but when Gandalf died, he was then unselectable, like Pippin.

Another problem (just with real time battles) is this: You cannot recruit and revive heroes.

Therefore I suggest that, like in BFME1, the small outposts with three build plots also recruit heroes. Not only would this partly resolve the problem in war of the ring, it could lead to interesting types of battles in skirmish, that were there in BFME1, where players only begin with the possibility of making three buildings, and the only chance they have of survival is to conquer other parts of the map. I hope this is possible to mod into the game(if you even decide you want to mod it into the game).

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
Re: Option to Build Heroes From Three Building Outposts
« Antwort #1 am: 12. Aug 2015, 09:09 »
I dont think it's technically possible to change the outposts like that without affecting them in normal skirmishes.
And no it's not a bug. The idea of real time battles in WOTR is basically to fight it out with the enemy, rather than building up an army.
All recruiting is on the living world to make it that bit more important. Sort of like in total war.

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #2 am: 12. Aug 2015, 09:24 »
I agree, outpost should be left untouched. But problems with recruiting heroes have to be fixed! Maybe it could be done with giving player unexpandable fortress at every skimrish? Or, at his teritory at least?

Aragorn_Frodo

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Have No Fear, ARAGORN_FRODO Is Here!
« Antwort #3 am: 12. Aug 2015, 23:49 »
Would it be such a bad thing to be able to create Heroes from these outposts?  It was like that in BFME1, and it gave way to interesting skirmishes, on fairly small maps that only contained these outposts and smaller, and you only started with three build plots and were forced to expand... it would be another interesting type of battle.