28. Mär 2024, 23:53 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Which is your favorite Elven dwelling in the Third Age?

Lindon
Rivendell
Lothlorien
Mirkwood
Orocarni

Autor Thema: Your favorite Elven dwelling in the Third Age?  (Gelesen 5392 mal)

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
The Third Age of Middle-earth sees the diminishing of the Elven Race as they either sail to Valinor or fade away into the Fourth Age; but during this time they still haven't abandoned their realms throughout Middle-earth, with each realm being inhabited by different types of Elves:
- Lindon and Rivendell are inhabited by the few remaining Noldor, the High Elves who had been to Valinor before and witnessed the Light of the Two Trees - these elves hold great wisdom.
- Mirkwood is inhabited by the more numerous (in comparison to the Noldor) Silvan Elves (Elves who stopped their journey to Valinor and decided to settle in Mirkwood), who are 'less complicated and more' earthy',  and also 'less wise and more dangerous'. ;)
-Lothlorien is also inhabited by Silvan Elves, with the exception of its rulers Galadriel and Celeborn, who were Noldor Elves.
-The Orocarni Mountains, located in the Far East of Middle-earth, are not inhabited by four Dwarven clans only - in the forests and caves surrounding the Mountains live the Dark Elves (Avari and Moriquendi - these are the Elves who refused to go to Valinor, instead preferring to stay in their home, Cuivienen), the Elves that least of all other Elves wanted to go to Valinor at the end of the Third Age
I'd like to know which is your favorite Elven realm of the Third Age; mine is Mirkwood :). Feel free to explain why you like the realm.

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
Re: Your favorite Elven dwelling in the Third Age?
« Antwort #1 am: 11. Okt 2015, 12:32 »
Rivendell, because it always seemed more isolated, by what I mean safe than other elven realms, especially in the books, and it was always a place to rest and have a good time. Also, it's elves are the most friendly ones and less likely to kill you :)

Damn, I really hope they've got whiskey there...

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #2 am: 11. Okt 2015, 13:12 »
Yes, the Elves of Rivendell are probably the most friendly to visitors, though I prefer Elves like those from Mirkwood and the Orocarni, as they are more 'earthy and mysterious', and they don't all wear long robes like the Noldor  ;).
Well they probably have lots of wine, but not whisky  :P. If you like whisky though, Mirkwood would probably have it, considering Thranduil's 'taste' for beverages :D.

aminetude

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Go back to the void from whence you came!"
« Antwort #3 am: 11. Okt 2015, 21:49 »
i choose lothlorien, not because i dislike the other elves, but i want to feel the magic that protects the golden wood, the one that stoped three attacks from dol'guldur, i would feel the essence and energy of the elven ring nenya, and its master galadriel the white lady, i would trade anything to see once the face of the lady of light, for she is fairest than all the jewels beneath the mountains :) :) :)
Such is the nature of evil, in time all foul things come forth.

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #4 am: 11. Okt 2015, 22:32 »
Yes, Galadriel probably is fairer than all jewels, considering Gimli, who was a proud Dwarf, said that himself when he saw her :).

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #5 am: 12. Okt 2015, 08:29 »
I just can't choose one. Rivendell have it's advantages as do Orocarni... Might vs Mystery. I just can't decide, at least not for now.

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #6 am: 12. Okt 2015, 09:00 »
Well I chose Mirkwood but I really like the Orocarni too, exactly because of the mystery surrounding the Dark Elves  :).

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #7 am: 15. Okt 2015, 12:54 »
im more of an imladris guy it has a place to take a bath in

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #8 am: 15. Okt 2015, 21:01 »
im more of an imladris guy it has a place to take a bath in
So the Mirkwood Elves don't take baths?  :D

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #9 am: 15. Okt 2015, 21:08 »
xD im talking about the founten xD

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #10 am: 15. Okt 2015, 21:18 »
xD im talking about the founten xD
Oh... Then yeah, it is a place to take a bath in :D

NetoD20

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • BAN-KAI! Tear off... Golden Demon Slayer Jizõ!!!
« Antwort #11 am: 21. Okt 2015, 00:14 »
It seems I just tied Imladris to Lothlórien hahahaha

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #12 am: 28. Nov 2015, 19:08 »
As I think I already wrote somewhere else, I would choose Lothlórien, but I wouldn't also mind waiting a bit on the Western Shores of Middle Earth for my Ship to come, which will bring me beyond the World itself, you know exactly where  :P

So, let's say, I choose Lothlórien until the end of the War of the Ring (I don't totally want to miss the Lady cleansing Dol Guldur), to make, then, the journey with Galadriel to the Grey Havens.

In the books, in ROTK, Elrond, Galadriel and other High Elves journey to the West of Middle Earth from Rivendell, meeting halfway Frodo and the other Hobbits, to reach the Grey Havens at the end, where Gandalf has been waiting for them.
Tolkien writes that the passing of the Elves was something really magical and ethereal, characterised by a sort of 'Blessed Sadness' as those mighty Elves would have left the World forever.
This is one of the things I'm fond of the most about Tolkien, iconic moments I would really experience directly in another World and dimension  ;)

« Letzte Änderung: 28. Nov 2015, 19:12 von DieWalküre »

VectorMaximus

• RPG Team [en]
  • Pförtner von Bree
  • "This we have sworn, and not lightly"
« Antwort #13 am: 25. Jan 2016, 19:16 »
Definitely Imladris. Mithlond as a close second. The Noldor have ever been dearest to me of all the elves, and I love the idea of living my days out as a loremaster among the peace and bliss of the Valley of Rivendell.

O! tril-lil-lil-lolly
 the valley is jolly!

...That song always causes me to make a face. Not what I imagine the sounds of Rivendell as. Still my favor realm of the Eldar in the 3rd age, even though I'd have to occasionally put up with that song!
"But wherefore should Middle-earth remain for ever desolate and dark, whereas the Elves could make it as fair as Eressëa, nay even as Valinor?