28. Mär 2024, 09:31 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Which are your favourite Mountains of Arda?

Blue Mountains
6 (26.1%)
Misty Mountains
7 (30.4%)
Grey Mountains
0 (0%)
White Mountains
1 (4.3%)
Orocarni
3 (13%)
Iron Mountains
1 (4.3%)
Erebor
3 (13%)
Pelóri
2 (8.7%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 19

Autor Thema: Which are your favourite Mountains of Arda?  (Gelesen 12248 mal)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Which are your favourite Mountains of Arda?
« am: 7. Aug 2015, 15:30 »
Let's talk about MOUNTAINS:)

All the Mountainous Chains of Arda, created by the Valar or by Melkor, or by the effects of disastrous cataclysms, always represent and are deeply part of the long and suffered History of Arda, protecting legendary realms, connecting far regions, or being the lair of terrible enemies.

I didn't include all the possible Mountains present in Arda, 'only' the most significant ones, focusing on the World's Shape in the first part of the Second Age, when the Undying Lands were still part of Arda.

I included a Map  :)

BLUE MOUNTAINS (Blue): They once completely divided Beleriand from the rest of Middle Earth, after the War of Wrath they remained still as a broken Chain along the western coast of the World.
It was here that Thorin Oakenshield found refuge and established his own dominion  :)

MISTY MOUNTAINS (Light Green): Created by Melkor to hinder the ride of Oromë the Vala, these Mountains witnessed the founding of the legendary and majestic Halls of Khazad-dûm, but also the sorrows of the Dwarves caused by Darkness and ancient Flames.

GREY MOUNTAINS (Purple): The remnant of the ancient Iron Mountains in the North, often infested by Orcs and Dragons, they were the home of some dwarven settlements in the Third Age.

WHITE MOUNTAINS (Teal): They connect Rohan to Gondor, and were used as a means to ask for the aid of the Horse Lords during the War of the Ring  :)

OROCARNI (Red): Mysterious and ancient Mountains in the Far East of the World, closed to them laid the Bay of Cuiviénen, where the Elves awakened for the first time in the World.

IRON MOUNTAINS (Black): Ancient Mountains in the North of the World, present since the Years of the Lamps.
They were for millennia the lair of the Evil, for in their depths were built both Utumno, in the East, and Angband, in the West of Middle Earth  [ugly]
After the War of Wrath they were completely laid waste and levelled by the furious energy and destruction of the battles (they thus are not present in the Map, but they totally deserve to be mentioned).

EREBOR (You know where it is  :P): The legendary Lonely Mountain, home of one of the most powerful and richest Dwarven Realms ever present in the World.

PELÓRI (Holy Yellow): The indestructible Wall of Valinor, created by the Valar to fortify their Blessed Realm and protect Aman  8-)

Needless to say, my favourite ones are the Pelóri  ;)
If you want, leave a comment below to explain why you like one and not the others, or add more information about them, since their summaries are brief  :)
« Letzte Änderung: 25. Jan 2016, 22:59 von DieWalküre »

HoarmurathOfDir

• Bilbos Festgast
  • Growing strong!
Re: Which are your favourite Mountains of Arda?
« Antwort #1 am: 7. Aug 2015, 16:52 »
Where are the Ash Mountains? If you placing the Lonely Mt. then show some love for the Mordor  :) Its kinda more important... Voted for the Orocani cause I love whole Rhun.
Hoar, house Tyrell, at your service!

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #2 am: 7. Aug 2015, 16:58 »
EREBOR not just because i saw the movie. because i think its so beautiful

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: 7. Aug 2015, 17:01 »
The Ephel Dúath, or the Mountains of Shadow and that chain below Umabar and Walls of Sun. :P :D Did you forget those?  :D  :P xD
P.S. Iron Mountains rocks  through history, Utumno, Angaband etc.  xD :)

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
« Antwort #4 am: 7. Aug 2015, 17:29 »
EREBOR :)
I liked Erebor ever since first reading the Hobbit book. When the movies came out, I simply loved PJ's interpretation of the Lonely Mountain  :P

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #5 am: 7. Aug 2015, 17:39 »
Where are the Ash Mountains? If you placing the Lonely Mt. then show some love for the Mordor  :) Its kinda more important... Voted for the Orocani cause I love whole Rhun.

I decided not to include them because I think that it's definitely more important the evil land itself that lies beyond those mountains, and the Evil of Arda is already rightly represented by the Iron Mountains, I think  ;)

The Ephel Dúath, or the Mountains of Shadow and that chain below Umabar and Walls of Sun. :P :D Did you forget those?  :D  :P xD
P.S. Iron Mountains rocks  through history, Utumno, Angaband etc.  xD :)

I didn't forget those Mountains of course, but I chose the most relevant through Arda's History  :)
Those Mountains (the Chain below Umbar and the Walls of the Sun) though, are really mysterious  xD

EDIT: I was not satisfied at all with the Map, since, as you may have noticed, I'm not an excellent drawer; I thus modified the Map and added a smoothing effect, which is definitely better  :)
« Letzte Änderung: 7. Aug 2015, 21:21 von DieWalküre »

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #6 am: 9. Okt 2015, 02:22 »
Orocarni! I adore how mysterious and ancient these mountains are, so far away in the East. And most importantly; there's a pile o' Dwarves runnin' around inside them! :)
« Letzte Änderung: 2. Mär 2016, 02:02 von WarOfTheRingVeteran »

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #7 am: 9. Okt 2015, 07:20 »
^^Yeah, four of the Dwarven Houses lived there; but let's not forget who lived in the forests in the foothills of the Mountains - the Dark Elves (probably the most akin to the Silvan elves of Mirkwood)  ;)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #8 am: 9. Okt 2015, 09:39 »
Orocarni! I adore how mysterious and ancient these mountains are, so far away in the East. And most important; there's a pile o' dwarves runnin' inside them! :)

Mysterious is definitely the right adjective for them, as almost anything in the Far East of Middle Earth, where many beings/things were brought to life  ;)

^^Yeah, four of the Dwarven Houses lived there; but let's not forget who lived in the forests in the foothills of the Mountains - the Dark Elves (probably the most akin to the Silvan elves of Mirkwood)  ;)

Yes, the Elves that decided from the beginning not to follow the invitation of the Valar still live there, probably, in secret and dark places hidden from the World...  :)

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #9 am: 9. Okt 2015, 12:13 »
^^That's the interesting about the Dark Elves DieWalküre - they are surrounded in mystery, since Tolkien didn't describe them so much :).
Since the Silvan elves didn't go that far on the Great Journey as they stopped and settled in Mirkwood, so with a bit of imagination, we can imagine the Dark Elves look quite like the Mirkwood Elves in the Hobbit movies  ;)
In fact, I always thought that, if Tauriel was still banished from Mirkwood after the battle of the five armies, she maybe would seek a new home far away from the places holding memories of Kili, so I imagined that she would travel far east and settle in with the Dark Elves, thus not being mentioned by Legolas.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #10 am: 9. Okt 2015, 14:50 »

True, it might have been an option for Tauriel.
But, I still hope that she eventually took the ship from the Grey Havens and brought the Memory of her Love to the Immortal Lands, covered in Mystery as well (Tolkien never really gave us so many details about the Life of the Vanyar and Maiar beyond the Pelóri)  ;)

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #11 am: 9. Okt 2015, 15:14 »
Do you even need to ask?
Ered Lithui where all lovely things prosper (or just die), Ephel Duath where I've settled in my comfy Morgul^^, and of course never forget the king of all mountains: The Orodruin; Mount Doom!!

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #12 am: 9. Okt 2015, 15:29 »

True, it might have been an option for Tauriel.
But, I still hope that she eventually took the ship from the Grey Havens and brought the Memory of her Love to the Immortal Lands, covered in Mystery as well (Tolkien never really gave us so many details about the Life of the Vanyar and Maiar beyond the Pelóri)  ;)
Yeah, it makes sense now that you mentioned it, since she wanted to see new lands, she could have either went east (to the Orocarni) or west (to the Undying Lands) - the west is as good an option as the east for her, maybe even better; but in any way, as far as I know, the Elves fall in love for life, so no matter where she went I doubt that she would forget her love for Kili  :)... Talking about Tauriel and Kili, maybe I'm the only one, but I think a love subplot between Tauriel and Legolas would have been much more fitting, or at least Tauriel to have feelings for Legolas, instead for Kili  8-|.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #13 am: 9. Okt 2015, 15:34 »
Do you even need to ask?
Ered Lithui where all lovely things prosper (or just die), Ephel Duath where I've settled in my comfy Morgul^^, and of course never forget the king of all mountains: The Orodruin; Mount Doom!!

King of all Mountains?

You clearly need to revise your priorities, hoho96.
The true Supreme, Mightiest and Tallest Mountain of Arda is the Ever-Snow-White TANIQUETIL in Valinor, where Manwë and Varda look at and govern the World from their Holy Thrones  8-)

I honestly don't care about a modest smoking Mountain, that explodes at the end of the 'Return of the King'  :D

Preach to the Majesty of Valinor, hoho96  ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 9. Okt 2015, 15:37 von DieWalküre »

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #14 am: 9. Okt 2015, 17:22 »
If Google maps were a thing in Middle Earth, would you be able to see TANIQUETIL ?!
Nop. Then it doesn't count  [ugly]