23. Apr 2024, 12:20 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Suggestion for Rohan late game  (Gelesen 2508 mal)

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
Suggestion for Rohan late game
« am: 9. Aug 2015, 14:45 »
Hi Edain Team ! :)

The main problem of Rohan, and the reason for which it is quite weak is its late game. It lacks elite units and game diversity.

I saw on this forum a good idea in the last few days : give Royal Guards an ability "Mount/Dismount" (and so they would become Royal Archers). It would be really great I think, but it's a detail.

Rohan need a big improvement of his concept and this is what we wiil speak about in this topic.

I had an idea about the production speed of the Rohirrim : you could put a system with goals to reach (like Sauron in Mordor), and every missions achieved could increase slightly (maybe +3%, or +5%) the production speed of all types or Rohirrims.

Missions examples :
- Build 6 Studfarms, and upgrade all of them to level 3
- Unlock the power which released Theoden from Saruman (I don't remember the name of the power)
- Theoden reaches level 10
- Recruit all heroes
- Get 10 or 20 battalions of Rohirrim
- 1 Battalions of Rohirrim reaches level 5
- Unlock the 10-pts power "Rohirrim camp"
- etc....

Like this, at very late game, Rohan can produce a MASSIVE army very quickly. Additionnally this would be very lore accurate, since Theoden assembles a huge army in a few days for the battle of the Pelennor.

Also, I thought more deeply about this concept, and I had another idea, who could enrich this concept, and give more diversity to Rohan play-style.

As I said before, various goals can increase the production speed of the Rohirrim. These goals are most in the "positive" side of Theoden, the free Theoden. This is why the production speed of the Rohirrim is increased.

But in Rohan there is also an "evil" side. It's when Theoden is corrupted by Saruman and Grima. If this evil side of Rohan gets stronger, and more attractive for the player, you could put a counterparty of the system explained at the top of the topic. I explain :
Every action (for example convert peasants to traitors) done for the evil side will DECREASE (-3% or -5%) the Rohirrim production speed. Obviously the evil side or Rohan must be much stronger, to justify a nerf of the cavalry part of the faction.

It's logical : if Theoden is corrupted, the cavalry of Rohan will be much more dispersed in the land. :P

With this new concept, Rohan would be a much stronger and rich faction. It'd allow us to choose two sides :
- Good (free Theoden) : cavalry is the strong main part of the faction
- Corrupted : traitors (and eventually other units) are the strong main part of the factions

Obviously, this system would need more thoughts about Theoden corrupted. ^^ I think anyway that Rohan with corrupted Theoden is not enough deep.

Thanks for reading  :)
« Letzte Änderung: 9. Aug 2015, 20:05 von H4lbarad »

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • I can do quite a bit of coding myself :P
Re: Suggestion for Rohan late game
« Antwort #1 am: 11. Aug 2015, 06:31 »
This is not a bad idea   :D

I got some thoughts for the evil side of rohan.

Everytime you convert a battalion of peasants to traiters, you decrease the build-time of Rohirrim by 5%, and the max it can be decreased to is 50%.

And whenever it reaches 50% the power that un-corrupts Theodon will never work; and Eomer (or however his name is spelled) dies, and can never be bought again. And the rohirrim side of Rohan gets very weakened; all rohirrim become 100% weaker (half health, half damage and they slow down faster while crushing).Plus the royal guards become Royalists of wormtounge; the royalists of wormtounge are unmounted, and are very defensive (Huge shields, and a sword).

And you unlock two new units inside your citadel.

Traiter spearmen
And traiter swordsmen
The difference is that they would have no timer, and you can upgrade them.

Something should probably tell you what percentage it is at 24/7, so you don't lose   good cavalry, and Eomer when you don't mean to.

And of course, if you un corrupt Theodon before it is 50%, all the effects are undone.
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Aug 2015, 06:38 von ™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™ »
Sup :P

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #2 am: 12. Aug 2015, 17:12 »

Everytime you convert a battalion of peasants to traiters, you decrease the build-time of Rohirrim by 5%, and the max it can be decreased to is 50%.

And whenever it reaches 50% the power that un-corrupts Theodon will never work; and Eomer (or however his name is spelled) dies, and can never be bought again. And the rohirrim side of Rohan gets very weakened; all rohirrim become 100% weaker (half health, half damage and they slow down faster while crushing).Plus the royal guards become Royalists of wormtounge; the royalists of wormtounge are unmounted, and are very defensive (Huge shields, and a sword).

Traiter spearmen
And traiter swordsmen

Something should probably tell you what percentage it is at 24/7, so you don't lose   good cavalry, and Eomer when you don't mean to.

And of course, if you un corrupt Theodon before it is 50%, all the effects are undone.

Your ideas are good, but I think there should be a big buff of the traitors at the same time as the Rohirrim get weakened. Favoring the evil side should not be a penality, just another way to play Rohan  :D
« Letzte Änderung: 12. Aug 2015, 17:20 von H4lbarad »

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • I can do quite a bit of coding myself :P
« Antwort #3 am: 17. Aug 2015, 10:19 »

Traiter spearmen
And traiter swordsmen

Your ideas are good, but I think there should be a big buff of the traitors at the same time as the Rohirrim get weakened. Favoring the evil side should not be a penality, just another way to play Rohan  :D

Sorry for the very late reply.

But, it is a big buff to the evil side. being able to buy traiters from the fortress, and upgrade them  :D
Sup :P