27. Apr 2024, 15:13 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Quality material upgrades, new function for Structural Engineering  (Gelesen 6573 mal)

CragLord

• Gast
Ok, this is nice suggestion. But don't you think it is unbalanced in comparison with other factions (Gondor, Angmar, Imladris, Rohan)? They should also have some kind of this gate upgrade, if somehow team decide to implement this idea. I see problem of balance? :) xD
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Sep 2015, 19:55 von CragLord »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
Well the same can be said about Gondors "Numenor Stonework" and "Teinforced Gates" so I see it more as unique feature rather thna unblanced ones! :) Rohan can get something like Garrioson may be "Spear Throwers" as at Helms Deep! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

CragLord

• Gast
I am just trying to point on possible problem.
It is not some big change which will make dwarves more stronger or better, and is it unique or not, there is diversity which point on balace. I more for adding some similar upgrade for Outpost building maybe... Just want to say, we will need to add for other factions similar kind of gate upgrades with aoe effect ofc. :)
About this topic in genaral, dwarves are stone masters, Numenorian stonework is good but dwarven stonework should be better, of greater quality. I am for idea of implementing some Stone/gate upgrades for Dwarves.
Simple won't say that uniqueness of Numenorian upgrades is something which should block this idea or it is excuse for uniques of Tienety idea. There is no logic, that Dwarves in general don't have this upgade (As stone masters), and Gondor has. :)

P.S. About spear towers, can you add some picture of them? :) They will be anti unit upgrade, without aoe effect? :P :)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
Actually Craglord, the Numenorians were just as masterful workers of stone as the Dwarves. All you have to do is look at Minas Tirith, the Argonath, Amon Sul in its prime, Osgiliath, etc. I think each good faction should have 3 researchable castle upgrades, Gondor already has 3, giving the Dwarves the oil cask or another upgrade would give them 3, and then Rohan would just need 3. In terms of defence, Rohan is by far the weakest, all you need are a few catapults, so something definitely needs to be done for them.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
I am just trying to point on possible problem.
It is not some big change which will make dwarves more stronger or better, and is it unique or not, there is diversity which point on balace. I more for adding some similar upgrade for Outpost building maybe... Just want to say, we will need to add for other factions similar kind of gate upgrades with aoe effect ofc. :)
About this topic in genaral, dwarves are stone masters, Numenorian stonework is good but dwarven stonework should be better, of greater quality. I am for idea of implementing some Stone/gate upgrades for Dwarves.
Simple won't say that uniqueness of Numenorian upgrades is something which should block this idea or it is excuse for uniques of Tienety idea. There is no logic, that Dwarves in general don't have this upgade (As stone masters), and Gondor has. :)

P.S. About spear towers, can you add some picture of them? :) They will be anti unit upgrade, without aoe effect? :P :)
I agree about you CragLord about the Stonework and Gate upgrade for Dwarves as the greatest stonemakers but the Team will simply say that Gondro and Arnor already has those Upgrades and it will not be unique!But I am all for that idea may be something like  "Kahzad-Dum Stonework" and "Great Gates of Erebor"/"Great Gates" and will be awsome! :)
But this doesnt mean Tienity idea is bad and it can really be something like between them like having the "Khazad-Dum Stonework" and isntead of "Reinforced Gates"/"Great Gates" we can have "Oil Crates" for Gate protecion!?
What you tihnk about that!? :)
Actually Craglord, the Numenorians were just as masterful workers of stone as the Dwarves. All you have to do is look at Minas Tirith, the Argonath, Amon Sul in its prime, Osgiliath, etc. I think each good faction should have 3 researchable castle upgrades, Gondor already has 3, giving the Dwarves the oil cask or another upgrade would give them 3, and then Rohan would just need 3. In terms of defence, Rohan is by far the weakest, all you need are a few catapults, so something definitely needs to be done for them.
While I agree about the Rohan part I must say that while the Numenorians were one of the best stoneworkers the Dwarves still are better :)
Now for Rohan,what you think about adding a Garrison on Catapults Slot or just Garrison at the gates woh some "Spear Throwers" which can hvae some better damage against Monsters :) And may be :"Stone Throwers"  since some peasant were throwing Stones :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

CragLord

• Gast
Yes, I agree about numbers of researchable castle upgrades. Maybe you can make some list of current available castle upgrades so we can discuss properly (Right now I can't remember all names of them, their properties etc).
About comparison between Dwarves and Numenorians, there is no way that Numenorians were equal to Dwarven skills at stone shaping/building. Numenorians were also described like race of men which was very good at constructional problems in general, I say that Numenorians probably constructed buildings of great beauty and quality. Dwarven buildings were of better quality but lesser beauty. That is my opinion.
P.S. Dwarves helped during history many times to other races and build for them. If one of most ancient elves (Tingol) was impressed with their work, that is indication that Dwarves construced buildings of great beauty and quality. Also Dwarves repaired Gate at Minas Thirith after Sauron final fall. Simply Dwarves were engineering race. They was created by Aule, that is enough information about their "genetic" predispositions.

Yes, I know you agree. :) Simply team uses their position to deny those ideas, and I must say it is wrong in some cases. (My simple opinion!) We have already unique, or that will induce unbalance. Don't want to write more about that "situation". Again I say idea is here,Lore facts are here also, if team already deny it what to do, lets reconsider other prepositions.
I didn't say his idea is bad, you have concluded wrong from my comment! :) 99,99% of his ideas are nice/epic, and you know I support most of them, and I am always trying to help you to polish them! I just said that kind of thinking (I thought it was yours): Gondor already had unique wall/gate upgrade, we won't add it for dwarves, that was little stupid in my opinion. Sometime we use uniqueness of some already existing idea to block some other idea (and in general that is not main reason), or block idea from prospective of balance/unbalance (that should be main reason, not something else). If some kind of Gate upgrade should exist, then it is upgrade of hp or armour against siege attacks, simply that is better in my opinion (but team deny this as you said). About those barrels, I don't have anything against, simply we will have fire aoe damage here, others don't have that, what similar could you implement for Imladris gate or Rohan gate? I am talking about aoe damage upgrade.
Anyway, this is all on theoretic base. Maybe is better to make list with current castle upgrades, and then start proper discussion. :)
« Letzte Änderung: 16. Aug 2015, 20:12 von CragLord »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
I know you didnt say it was bad!I was just stasing that the ideas so not bad over all not that you said it is bad! :)

Hal9000

• Gast
Sorry for the double topic, I repost some ideas :

- Give a bonus to walls and doors with the stoneworker.
- Defensive upgrade on the door of Dwarven castles using oil, it could be great and never seen in other factions.
- Improving mine tunnels: increase the transport capacity of the mine, two additional units.
- Improve shooting range:  siege weapons and battle towers have better range (only for the castle). What do you think of my ideas? :)
« Letzte Änderung: 18. Aug 2015, 16:34 von Hal9000 »