20. Apr 2024, 04:40 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Additional Abilities for Erkenbrand, Elfhelm and Grimbol  (Gelesen 4338 mal)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
In my previous poll to make these 3 full heroes, the idea was presented to just add some abilities to each of them instead of making them full heroes. So I decided to go ahead and make a separate topic for people to post any ability ideas they have, that would be added to the captains as they are in game now. These abilities should fit to their roles as elite/heroic unit battalions. Additionally, I want to suggest the team change them to make them capable of leveling up, at least to level 5 but preferably to level 10, I don't understand why they cannot gain combat experience. I have some new ability suggestions for each captain, which stay true to each of the captains different roles, here they are.

Erkenbrand: Considering he has a summon ability right now, that makes me view him as the unit supporter captain.
Courage of the Westfold: All nearby friendly units gain +30% movement speed and +25% damage and armor, while next to Erkenbrand or his 2 summoned units. Description: "Erkenbrand is a mighty leader of men, granting courage in times of doubt. All units near to Erkenbrand or his summoned men of the Westfold gain +25% armor and damage, and 30% movement speed"
Voice of Helm Hammerhand: Erkenbrand and his summoned units stun nearby enemy units with terror for 10 seconds and reduce their armor by 50% for 30 seconds. Description: "Erkenbrand shouts in a mighty voice reminiscent of the legendary Helm Hammerhand, followed eagerly by his men, stunning nearby enemy units with terror for 10 seconds and reducing their armor by 50% for 30 seconds"

Elfhelm: His current ability replaces dead soldiers in a battalion, so naturally he is the unit healer captain. I would also suggest renaming his current ability, considering it doesn't actually heal units, but only replaces 1 dead unit in each battalion.
Elfhelms Encouragement: All nearby heroes get healed by a small amount, similarly to Athelas. Description: "Elfhelm provides encouragement to nearby friendly heroes, helping them to forget their wounds and fight on. All nearby friendly heroes will be moderately healed"
Marshal's Orders: Refreshes the ability timers of all nearby units, including other Captains of Rohan, but not heroes. Description: "Elfhelm orders nearby men of Rohan to fight to their last breath, urging them to greater efforts in combat. The ability timers of all nearby units, including other Captains from the Assembly Point, will be fully recharged. Does not affect heroes"

Grimbold: His current ability doesn't ever seem to work for me, but if it did work the effect places him as a mass slayer.
Wrath of the Eastfold: Grimbolds unit will deal double damage, ignore enemy armor and knock back enemy units they hit for 30 seconds. Knockback and armor ignore doesn't work against enemy heroes. Description: "Grimbold urges his Oathmen to fight harder, filling their hearts with fury. All units in Grimbolds battalion will deal double damage, ignore enemy armor, and knock enemy units back when attacking them. Does not affect enemy heroes"
Muster of the Eastfold: Targeted stables will be able to recruit Rohirrim of the Eastfold at half price, and train them instantly, for 1 minute. Description: "Grimbold is in command of mustering the warriors of the Eastfold. The targeted stables will be able to recruit Rohirrim of the Eastfold at half of their current price, and train them instantly, for 1 minute"

Please feel free to post your own ideas and suggestions for new abilities for each Captain from the Assembly Point :)
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

CragLord

• Gast
Re: Additional Abilities for Erkenbrand, Elfhelm and Grimbol
« Antwort #1 am: 12. Aug 2015, 03:10 »
Personaly I think that those captains should work as one hero unit. 3 captains = 3 units of one hero unit. So in general, they beside that royal guard, are representing  second hero unit for Rohan. That's how I see them. So, I really totally support idea about leveling them, apropos leveling to 10 is most reasonable. They are "glorius" characters, they deserve maybe to be stronger than standard hero unit. (Abilities should fix that problem) Those captains should be Rohan's answer to other hero units in game.

Voice of Helm Hammerhand armour reduction only affects units, not heroes, add that in description of ability. :P
Also about durations of abilities, maybe some of beta testers should give opinion? Are those durations appropriate?
My total support to this idea, and preposition about abilities! :) (I am simply out of ideas for abilities, those seems to be really nice.) Keep up with polishing this Captains idea,I am glad you didn't give up on previous thread and this idea in general. :)

P.S. All of those abilites only don't have effect on heroes, but on all other units including hero units they have effect. Have I understood right?

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #2 am: 12. Aug 2015, 03:22 »
When it comes to abilities, unless specifically stated otherwise they generally don't affect heroes. That's why you don't see "Doesn't affect heroes" in every single leadership ability. The same goes for debuffs of armor and damage, would you really want to put "doesn't affect heroes" on every single Nazgul for Mordor? There are exceptions of course, which is why I always put "doesn't affect heroes" where it would actually be appropriate.
P.S. All of those abilites only don't have effect on heroes, but on all other units including hero units they have effect. Have I understood right?

I don't fully understand what you're asking here, but the only ability that would affect heroes would be Elfhelms specific ability to heal nearby heroes.

Finally, when it comes to ability duration, heck even ability effect, the team of course has the final word. These ideas are just that, ideas. If anything, the team might see one of these ideas and like parts of it, taking those parts they like and changing the rest so that its suitable and balanced in game.
« Letzte Änderung: 12. Aug 2015, 03:26 von Elite KryPtik »
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: 12. Aug 2015, 04:32 »
Thank you for this explanation. :)
My deductive/inductive kind of thinking is obviously fogged in those late hours.  xD

When I wrote hero unit, I meant about units like Royal Guards, Castellans. (Are they hero or elite unit?) Anyway, they belong to unit's not hero's list, so question was idiotic at first place.  xD
« Letzte Änderung: 12. Aug 2015, 07:09 von CragLord »

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #4 am: 12. Aug 2015, 09:17 »
I think Castellans are hero units. xD

"That still only counts as one!"

Draco100000

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Revenge? REVENGE? I will show you revenge!
« Antwort #5 am: 12. Aug 2015, 16:55 »
I have read all abilities and I find a bit overpowered the abilitie marshal's orders because well combined, could make appear 4 summoned troops of westfold men from Erkenbrand and 2 extreamly strong charges from Grimbold.

The abilitie Muster of the eastfold also grants a lot of advantage to the player, The reduction cost of eastfold troops must be 30% or less in my opinion, because you could get them as expensive as a peasant and recruit the instantly during a entire minit could make that the player could make infinite charges killing entire enemie armie, and replenish instantly his armie with good cavalry, could be even more usefull than the rohirrim tents xD Maybe could reduce to 25% the time of recruitment, instead of instant recruitment. 

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #6 am: 12. Aug 2015, 20:04 »
These ideas are just ideas from me, the team would change them however they see fit to be balanced. In addition, the second ability for each Captain was made with the idea that it unlocks once the battalion reaches level 10. I don't want to see opinions on my ability ideas, I want to see new ability ideas!

Craglord, it would affect both elite and hero battalions, just not heroes.
« Letzte Änderung: 13. Aug 2015, 16:27 von Elite KryPtik »

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: 28. Aug 2015, 13:00 »
Great idea. I like these new abilities for captains. But I think that Muster of the Eastfold is too strong.
I have idea for new Grimbold ability:
Smite:
Grimbold unit make powerful ranged atacks with spear against a single target.

This ability is from summon westfall soldiers. I think that this ability is more suitable for Grimbold, he has spear as main weapon. Maybe this summon unit can get new formation ability. 8-)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #8 am: 28. Aug 2015, 17:07 »
Remember, my Muster of the Eastfold is meant to be unlocked at level 10, and is supposed to be comparable to a hero level 10. I don't agree with just giving him another spear throw, that is already overused in the Rohan faction.

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: 28. Aug 2015, 18:27 »
Remember, my Muster of the Eastfold is meant to be unlocked at level 10, and is supposed to be comparable to a hero level 10. I don't agree with just giving him another spear throw, that is already overused in the Rohan faction.
Oh, maybe you can change first post. You don't have level request for abilities. ;)
Yes, you're right. [ugly]
What do you think about change formation for Grimbold unit as new ability?

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #10 am: 28. Aug 2015, 19:29 »
Well I don't know, it would depend on the effect granted by the formation.