28. Mär 2024, 11:55 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Should flying units be stronger against siege weapons and buildings?

Yes, They should be stronger against siege weapons and buildings
51 (48.6%)
They should be stronger only against siege weapons
49 (46.7%)
They should be stronger only against buildings
1 (1%)
No, They don't need to change
4 (3.8%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 97

Autor Thema: Flying units  (Gelesen 13265 mal)

Tienety

• Gast
Flying units
« am: 13. Aug 2015, 09:02 »
I think flying units should be stronger against the siege weapons and buildings. This was their main function in vanilla and old version. I have a feeling that Fellbeast and Eagles are useless without this function in 4.1.1. Four fellbeasts or three eagles can't destroy a single building. :o

What do you think? 8-)

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
Re: Flying units
« Antwort #1 am: 13. Aug 2015, 10:34 »
Against siege weapons? Good idea. But against buildings? Nope, they would just crashed themselves against the wall.
Instead, they should be stronger versus infantry or cavalry. ^^

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
« Antwort #2 am: 13. Aug 2015, 12:11 »
I also think that they should be stronger against both structures and siege weapons. In the current version they are weaker and that's the big issue for me, because I used Eagles, Fellbeasts and Smaug solely for those two purposes  :(
I hope the Team will fix this issue for the next patch. Or, at least, I hope they fix it before the Misty Mountains faction gets released, so I can enjoy playing my favorite hero, Smaug xD
« Letzte Änderung: 13. Aug 2015, 12:14 von ThorinsNemesis »

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: 13. Aug 2015, 12:14 »
Honestly - I think that in vanilla game and in the previous version were used (or at least I used them) primarily against siege units and buildings and only occasionally against units.
It's simple - we had many possibilities how to deal with normal units but definitely not too possibilities how to destroy buildings or siege machines.
And now - we have completely different purpose of flying units and maybe that is the reason why they are problematic for us, problematic to play with them. 8-|

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #4 am: 13. Aug 2015, 12:53 »
Honestly - I think that in vanilla game and in the previous version were used (or at least I used them) primarily against siege units and buildings and only occasionally against units.
It's simple - we had many possibilities how to deal with normal units but definitely not too possibilities how to destroy buildings or siege machines.

True, I mainly used them too for these specific purposes in the previous version.
I regard all the flying units as 'special' means, with which you can pass through the enemy lines and get rid of the threat of possible attacks from distance of catapults and trebuchets.

Regarding the structures, the flying units should be far more effective against them, a serious threat from the Sky; obviously, their effectiveness from above has necessarily to be balanced with a concrete possibility to counter them with archery units  :)

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #5 am: 13. Aug 2015, 12:59 »
I think they should deal much more damage to siege weapons, especially catapults. However I'm not too sure about buildings damage, since buildings are very likely made of concrete stone and I can't see how an eagle could damage stone. Also, they would be overpowered if they were good against siege weapons, buildings AND units.

"That still only counts as one!"

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #6 am: 13. Aug 2015, 13:22 »
As Adiggabro said, eagle or feelbeast vs. stone = stone wins. ^^

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: 13. Aug 2015, 13:55 »
I think they should deal much more damage to siege weapons, especially catapults. However I'm not too sure about buildings damage, since buildings are very likely made of concrete stone and I can't see how an eagle could damage stone.
Very interesting argument but this is just a game, not a simulator. How can swordsman, fire arrows, hammers or ents with melee attack destroy the stone?  8-|

Also, they would be overpowered if they were good against siege weapons, buildings AND units.
So, you're saying that eagles are overpowered in bfme 1, bfme 2 or 3.8.1. :o

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: 13. Aug 2015, 14:00 »
Simply, why you guys think so general, "concrete stone", wtf,Tolkien world has some modern science and construction business?  :D

I am for idea about massive/instant damage against some siege weapons, and to add damage improvement  against buildings, not so big damage buff like in vanila.
Those flying units are special after all, they deserve some damage buffs, their armor is currently weak and that should stay same, after all they shouldn't resist many arrows...

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #9 am: 13. Aug 2015, 16:47 »
There's difference between ogre, ent, mumakil etc. and fellbeasts and eagles.
Ents and co. are more massive, heavier and stronger. Eagles for example have "empty bones", that's why they are so light. So, imagine now this fight Gvaihir vs. average stone wall. :P

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #10 am: 13. Aug 2015, 17:15 »
There's difference between ogre, ent, mumakil etc. and fellbeasts and eagles.
Ents and co. are more massive, heavier and stronger. Eagles for example have "empty bones", that's why they are so light. So, imagine now this fight Gvaihir vs. average stone wall. :P

All interesting things, but this is not a scientific essay, we are talking about a game, set in a fictional and fantastic World  :)

By the way, Giant Eagles can't be compared to normal birds, in Tolkien's lore; they are magical and sentient (they think and 'speak' like Elves and Humans) creatures of Manwë, and only to Manwë obey; I think that their strength and resistance can be compared for instance to the ones of the Balrogs, or are quite similar.
In the First Age, Thorondor, the King of the Great Eagles, was able to permanently wound Morgoth in the face and 'save' the dead body of Fingolfin; the Eagles of Manwë fought also against the terrible Winged Dragons in the War of Wrath.
Not so common qualities, I guess  :)
« Letzte Änderung: 13. Aug 2015, 17:57 von DieWalküre »

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #11 am: 13. Aug 2015, 17:30 »
Exactly, and here we talk about flying units in general, there are fellbeasts and dragons too. And they don't have "empty" bones.  ;)

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #12 am: 13. Aug 2015, 17:55 »

In the previous versions, eagles were dealing less damage to units than they currently are (if I'm not mistaking).
You're right about the stone thing though.

"That still only counts as one!"

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #13 am: 13. Aug 2015, 18:26 »
Flying units should be strong only against units on the ground because i think if they will be stronger against building too then they will be lil bit to op i think

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #14 am: 13. Aug 2015, 18:29 »
Flying units should be strong only against units on the ground because i think if they will be stronger against building too then they will be lil bit to op i think

I think that their effectiveness against siege weapons and structures will be well balanced by their vulnerability to archery units  :)