18. Apr 2024, 11:31 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Gondor cavalry is truely better than Rohan cavalry. And some outpost ideas  (Gelesen 16023 mal)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
Pikes doing low damage? Are you nuts? Maybe Mordor pikes and Rohan Farmhands, but Gondor, Isengard and especially Dwarf pikes rip cavalry to shreds, especially once they have upgrades. Rohirrim of the Eastfold can put up a decent fight, but without the incredible leaderships provided by Rohans heroes they wouldn't be able to win.

Gondor Knights do not beat Royal guards 1v1, only Knights of Dol Amroth can do that.

Imrahils Leaderships only apply to units of Dol Amroth and the fiefdoms, so they do not effect normal Gondor Knights, they only get the +25% damage buff provided by the Dol Amroth Knights and Faramirs leadership, and Aragorn can give fearlessness once he reaches level 10. Now lets list the leaderships and positive effects that Rohan cavalry gets, to compliment the already frightening size of their cavalry force:

Rohirrim of the Eastfold have a default formation which makes them immune to crush revenge damage, and gives +30% damage and +15% armor.
Théoden gives +25% damage and armor and fearlessness.
All the Captains of Rohan from the Assembly Point give fearlessness.
Gamlings Peasant Summon gives +20% damage and armor.
Gamling can heal each battalion of 1 unit once he gets level 7.
Hama has a constant passive heal out of combat for all nearby allies.
Elfhelm has a fast recharging heal ability.
Eomer gives resources for kills to nearby rohirrim, Memorial at level 7 gives +20% damage while debuffing enemies.

Now do you see what I mean about Rohan's leaderships? Add all of this to the cheap cost in resources and CP, and the Breeding Horses spellbook power, and you end up with an absolutely insane force that can be quickly assembled, and kill any other cavalry force and kill pretty much anything except elite pikes. They are fine as they are, they do not need a buff.

Rohan's infantry can't stand up to Gondor's infantry huh? I wonder why it is that my peasant spam always beats Gondor then, hmmm....

I have used Gondor knights plenty of times myself, and I know for a fact they do not trample as good as Rohirrim, and pikes kill them just as fast as Rohirrim, in fact faster. Rohirrim of the Eastfold slaughter pikes if you use them intelligently. Tower Guards and fully upgraded Isengard pikes excluded for obvious reasons of course.

You are right about the armory upgrade on the tents not working, I tested it out. That belongs in the bug reports however, not here. Good job for finding it though :)

The topics for more elite and heroic units are all over the place, and do not need to be brought up again here, go to the appropriate thread.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • I can do quite a bit of coding myself :P
Pikes doing low damage? Are you nuts? Maybe Mordor pikes and Rohan Farmhands, but Gondor, Isengard and especially Dwarf pikes rip cavalry to shreds, especially once they have upgrades. Rohirrim of the Eastfold can put up a decent fight, but without the incredible leaderships provided by Rohans heroes they wouldn't be able to win.

Gondor Knights do not beat Royal guards 1v1, only Knights of Dol Amroth can do that.

Imrahils Leaderships only apply to units of Dol Amroth and the fiefdoms, so they do not effect normal Gondor Knights, they only get the +25% damage buff provided by the Dol Amroth Knights and Faramirs leadership, and Aragorn can give fearlessness once he reaches level 10. Now lets list the leaderships and positive effects that Rohan cavalry gets, to compliment the already frightening size of their cavalry force:

Rohirrim of the Eastfold have a default formation which makes them immune to crush revenge damage, and gives +30% damage and +15% armor.
Théoden gives +25% damage and armor and fearlessness.
All the Captains of Rohan from the Assembly Point give fearlessness.
Gamlings Peasant Summon gives +20% damage and armor.
Gamling can heal each battalion of 1 unit once he gets level 7.
Hama has a constant passive heal out of combat for all nearby allies.
Elfhelm has a fast recharging heal ability.
Eomer gives resources for kills to nearby rohirrim, Memorial at level 7 gives +20% damage while debuffing enemies.

Now do you see what I mean about Rohan's leaderships? Add all of this to the cheap cost in resources and CP, and the Breeding Horses spellbook power, and you end up with an absolutely insane force that can be quickly assembled, and kill any other cavalry force and kill pretty much anything except elite pikes. They are fine as they are, they do not need a buff.

Rohan's infantry can't stand up to Gondor's infantry huh? I wonder why it is that my peasant spam always beats Gondor then, hmmm....

I have used Gondor knights plenty of times myself, and I know for a fact they do not trample as good as Rohirrim, and pikes kill them just as fast as Rohirrim, in fact faster. Rohirrim of the Eastfold slaughter pikes if you use them intelligently. Tower Guards and fully upgraded Isengard pikes excluded for obvious reasons of course.

You are right about the armory upgrade on the tents not working, I tested it out. That belongs in the bug reports however, not here. Good job for finding it though :)

The topics for more elite and heroic units are all over the place, and do not need to be brought up again here, go to the appropriate thread.

Sorry to be so argumentive, but Eomer's Memorial abillity is stationary, so it can't really work on cavalry (They just run out of its radius).

And, that leaves two actual leaderships for rohan's soldiers: Theodon, +25% armor and damage.
The elite rohan tent cavalry (and I am sad to see they didn't fix the armory bug in the patch's changelog)  +20% attack and defense.

And one thing for sure is, Gondor knights do actually kill Dol armoth knights 1v1 (And if you say the dol amroth knights beat royal guards 1v1, then that says something)

Like I said, they should deal less damage.

And I did put that in the Rohan bugs section, I think it got deleted O_o.

If so, why :O That is a serious rohan bug
« Letzte Änderung: 19. Aug 2015, 21:59 von ™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™ »
Sup :P

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
I have used memorial to help my cavalry many times. If the enemy army is comprised mainly of pikes, then you put your rohirrim of the eastfold into formation, plant the memorial and watch the carnage ensue. Also thanks for reminding me of the leadership granted by the Military Camp Rohirrim, I had forgotten it in my previous post. I don't understand what you mean by "real leadership" but all of the effects I listed stack up, making Rohirrim armies much harder to kill. Constant healing and unit replenishment have a massive effect on conflicts, and earning resources for kills means that you can reassemble your already cheap army even faster. Finally combine the 20% armor and damage with Theodens, for a total of 45%, plus the Eastfold line formation, which now grants +30% armor AND damage in newest update, and it makes for very strong troops. I'll be testing Gondor Knights vs Royal Guards with a friend, because frankly I don't believe you. If a battalion of Gondor Knights can beat a battalion of Royal Guard or Knights of Dol Amroth in single combat, then something is not right. Like I already said though, I doubt this very much.
« Letzte Änderung: 19. Aug 2015, 22:44 von Elite KryPtik »
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
I have used memorial to help my cavalry many times. If the enemy army is comprised mainly of pikes, then you put your rohirrim of the eastfold into formation, plant the memorial and watch the carnage ensue. Also thanks for reminding me of the leadership granted by the Military Camp Rohirrim, I had forgotten it in my previous post. I don't understand what you mean by "real leadership" but all of the effects I listed stack up, making Rohirrim armies much harder to kill. Constant healing and unit replenishment have a massive effect on conflicts, and earning resources for kills means that you can reassemble your already cheap army even faster. Finally combine the 20% armor and damage with Theodens, for a total of 45%, plus the Eastfold line formation, which now grants +30% armor AND damage in newest update, and it makes for very strong troops. I'll be testing Gondor Knights vs Royal Guards with a friend, because frankly I don't believe you. If a battalion of Gondor Knights can beat a battalion of Royal Guard or Knights of Dol Amroth in single combat, then something is not right. Like I already said though, I doubt this very much.

By real leadership, I mean leadership that gives +20% to a stat/stats such as armor and damage; not giving resources for kills, or healing xD.

And in this update(they did not win in the last update), the eastfold Rohhirrim (With their stance)  beat gondor knights 1v1. And btw, gondor knights did beat Dol amroth knights 1v1 in 4.1.1.

I do all my testing with world builder.

And btw, they made draft take 60% longer to come back(On top of being 10% longer to recruit), so I believe peasant spam might just be on even terms with cavalry spam now.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
I tested with my friend in game in latest patch, Gondor Knights do not beat Royal Guard. Leadership isn't the only thing that makes Rohan cavalry so strong, its all the effects I listed earlier combining with Leadership. Rohan cavalry is better than Gondor in every way, they are cheaper, less CP, stronger, and trample better.

Peasant spam is still superior, if you make all your farms the peasant recruiting ones and all your inner farms Flour Mills and completely forego cavalry, not only will your economy be super strong, but you can recruit Peasants from anywhere on the map.

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
I tested with my friend in game in latest patch, Gondor Knights do not beat Royal Guard. Leadership isn't the only thing that makes Rohan cavalry so strong, its all the effects I listed earlier combining with Leadership. Rohan cavalry is better than Gondor in every way, they are cheaper, less CP, stronger, and trample better.

Peasant spam is still superior, if you make all your farms the peasant recruiting ones and all your inner farms Flour Mills and completely forego cavalry, not only will your economy be super strong, but you can recruit Peasants from anywhere on the map.

Yeah, I tested some more stuff in world builder.

Such as putting fully upped gondor knights vs fully upped gondor knights

The ai's (It was player creeps) won with over half the battallion still alive
They were 100% equal.

Module maker is terrible for this stuff O_o

Maybe a way to nerf peasant spam (to make cavalry rival more)

Would be to limit how many farms you can build

Maybe limit it down to 3-4.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
There wouldn't be a way to limit a certain type of farm, and besides there is nothing wrong with fully committing to peasant spam, because it is only effective up to mid game. Once elite units are on the field from Gondor, Isengard or Dwarves, Peasants get massacred easily. Being able to generate an entire army in seconds doesn't help if you can't kill the enemy army.

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
There wouldn't be a way to limit a certain type of farm, and besides there is nothing wrong with fully committing to peasant spam, because it is only effective up to mid game. Once elite units are on the field from Gondor, Isengard or Dwarves, Peasants get massacred easily. Being able to generate an entire army in seconds doesn't help if you can't kill the enemy army.

Dude, you can use the code that is used for heroic units on building
That is possible, xD.

Oh yeah, and those ideas in the outpost suggestions should get implemented (Atleast one of them should)

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
The code which is used for heroic units has some problems with buildings. You can easily cheat and build more buildings. ;)
And we don't really like restrictions for building, which are not easily understandable - from a logical point of view: why should they be restricted? If would just feel bad and therefore we're always trying to find other solutions.

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
The code which is used for heroic units has some problems with buildings. You can easily cheat and build more buildings. ;)
And we don't really like restrictions for building, which are not easily understandable - from a logical point of view: why should they be restricted? If would just feel bad and therefore we're always trying to find other solutions.

I take it you can't do the same as you did for the 'dol amroth' fortress?

It says you can only build 3.

Moving on; I see your point  :D

I just want Rohan cavalry to be seen online more often than peasants.

The first time I got rohan (Random game) online, I went full out cavalry(Including the rohhirrim archers), and the gondor player just spammed tower guards and heroes at me.
(This was 4.1)

If you possibly could make it so when the Rohhirrim that come out of the tent (10 power point power) are fully upped, they also get fire arrows (Armor piercing like the rohhirrim archers) and heavy armor; horse shields.
That might just make cavalry used alot more (Of course, more often in late game, but that would be a huge improvement for their late game, which is considered the weakest)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
Yes, the Rohirrim from the Military Camp should absolutely get fire arrows and armor piercing, I agree. As it is though, you CAN go cavalry in theory, if he spams Tower Guards just spam Rohirrim Archers and watch the carnage ensue.

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
Yes, the Rohirrim from the Military Camp should absolutely get fire arrows and armor piercing, I agree. As it is though, you CAN go cavalry in theory, if he spams Tower Guards just spam Rohirrim Archers and watch the carnage ensue.

Glad we can agree with that!

This was in 4.1, so he had every gondor hero he could get (Hero rushed)
And he also had an ally (Mordor

The mordor ally sent ungol spears in to help him

My ally was dwarves, and already having trouble against the spam.

I didn't know about the strategy during that game, so I was already dead.

And this update nerfed the tent rohhirrim... I feel liike wtf!!!

600hp and 1200 hp upgraded O_o

Armory bug still there...

They edited the tent without fixing the bug  :o

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
I had no idea the Rohirrim from the Military Camp were nerfed, that is ridiculous. Rohan already has the weakest 10 point powers in the game, and now they've been made even weaker o_O

Really saddens me how Rohan seems to just get weaker and weaker, while other factions just keep getting stronger and stronger, especially Mordor. Might as well just re-merge them with Gondor into a MotW faction at this rate :(

With the current design, Rohan is just a spam faction like Mordor or Goblins, with barely any late game abilities,

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
I had no idea the Rohirrim from the Military Camp were nerfed, that is ridiculous. Rohan already has the weakest 10 point powers in the game, and now they've been made even weaker o_O

Really saddens me how Rohan seems to just get weaker and weaker, while other factions just keep getting stronger and stronger, especially Mordor. Might as well just re-merge them with Gondor into a MotW faction at this rate :(

With the current design, Rohan is just a spam faction like Mordor or Goblins, with barely any late game abilities,

Yeah, what's really weird about the tent nerf is that it is not listed in the changelog.

In the movies, rohan was stronger than gondor.

In Edain, Gondor is stronger than rohan.

I mean come on, minis tirith would've been lost if it weren't for Rohan.

I don't think gondor saved rohan from isengard (They practically, if you include the book version of helm's deep; without the elves fought isengard alone and won)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
Your wrong about that, by no stretch of imagination is Rohan stronger than Gondor. The Rohirrim could not have saved Minas Tirith alone without the help of Aragorn and AotD. Also, the entire army of Rohan if fully mustered would number somewhere around 12k, while Gondor could easily summon well over 20k troops with enough time. The only superiority Rohan has is its cavalry.

Also, the films do a poor job, to say the least, of portraying Gondor. Mordor never even enters the city in the books, and 1 Gondor soldier can easily defeat 10 orcs, because they are such highly trained warriors. Peter Jackson made the Gondor soldiers look downright pathetic, and its one of the few things I absolutely hate about the films.