28. Mär 2024, 18:52 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Gondor cavalry is truely better than Rohan cavalry. And some outpost ideas  (Gelesen 15792 mal)

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • I can do quite a bit of coding myself :P
Your wrong about that, by no stretch of imagination is Rohan stronger than Gondor. The Rohirrim could not have saved Minas Tirith alone without the help of Aragorn and AotD. Also, the entire army of Rohan if fully mustered would number somewhere around 12k, while Gondor could easily summon well over 20k troops with enough time. The only superiority Rohan has is its cavalry.

Also, the films do a poor job, to say the least, of portraying Gondor. Mordor never even enters the city in the books, and 1 Gondor soldier can easily defeat 10 orcs, because they are such highly trained warriors. Peter Jackson made the Gondor soldiers look downright pathetic, and its one of the few things I absolutely hate about the films.

Well, if you put 10 orc warriors against one gondor soldier in edain, you would have 10 orcs, and a dead gondor soldier  :D

So, I guess balance is not based on the books/movies.

I believe Rohan would probably be perfect if the right changes were made to the tent summon. (10 power point summon)  :)
Sup :P

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Even though it is a bit offtopic:

Zitat
and 1 Gondor soldier can easily defeat 10 orcs, because they are such highly trained warriors.

Waaaait... what?^^
Yes, they were highly trained, but one Gondor soldier would never won against 10 orcs. Perhaps if they only attacked one by one, but Tolkien always tried to be realistic and even though the orcs had not such a special training, they weren't bad fighters. And even 3 medium fighters would probably be able to kill one good fighter, if they attacked at once. So why should 3 orcs, who also learned fighting their whole live, not be able to kill a gondorian soldier?
Tolkien always tried to be realistisc and never created such "unkillable mass slayers" as characters in the third age. In the first age such heroes were possible, but not while the war of the ring.

Even the fellowship of the ring with 3 skilled fighters (Gimli, Aragorn, Boromir), one wizard and one archer (and 4 hobbits) had problems with killing <20 goblins.
And Boromir was described as one of the best fighters of Gondor.
So why should 2 normal soldiers be able to stand a better fight than the whole fellowship of the ring? :P

Additionally you hate to take in account that, especially in Osgiliath, the gondorian troups were surprised and not ready for an attack and additionally the nazgul destroyed there whole moral. Another point why the orcs are really strong.

For me one of the well trained gondorian soldier would perhaps be able to kill 2 orcs at once, but not more - with the demoralized mindset because of the nazgul perhaps 1, but not more.

Even while the battle of Minas Tirith Mordor only had four times as many troups as Gondor and Rohan together. And they sieged the whole castle, therefore lost many troups without being able to answer their deaths.
In the battle of Helm's deep Isengard also only had about 2-3 times as many troups as Rohan if you use the numbers of the 4. march (which was when Erkenbrand arrived with 1000 troups)

So it would neither be book, nor movie-friendly when we'ld make the difference between orcs and gondor soldiers bigger. :P

Zitat
The Rohirrim could not have saved Minas Tirith alone without the help of Aragorn and AotD.

Depends if you use the book or the movie - in the books the AotD never reached Minas Tirith. The Mordor army was surprised by those two armies as they didn't expect them at all, but expected reinforcements. Therefore they also panicked and got killed easily.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
That response was WAY more in depth than anything I was expecting. Firstly, my previous comment was entirely based on the books. I am aware that AotD never reached Minas Tirith in the books, but Aragorn still brought ships full of troops, in addition to his kinsmen, the Dunedain, who are some of the best swordsmen in all Middle Earth. Without these reinforcements, Rohan wouldn't have been enough, which is the point I was getting at.

Secondly, of course I didn't mean 10 orcs at once. I meant that a Gondor soldier could easily be expected to kill 10 orcs before he was finally killed himself, 1 on 1 or 2 on 1. I will again restate that in the books the enemy never actually entered the city, just set the first level on fire. The comments I was making in relation to the size of the armies were if Gondor had enough time to muster up all of its warriors for battle, I was not including troops lost in battles after the fact or troops lost in surprise attacks. I meant Gondor's entire army before the fighting at Minas Tirith.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
i think he has a point about gondor knights are better from rohirims