1. Mai 2024, 16:06 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Gundabad subfaction of the Misty Mountains  (Gelesen 9058 mal)

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
Gundabad subfaction of the Misty Mountains
« am: 18. Aug 2015, 15:33 »
In BOTFA we saw PJ's interpretation of the fortress of Gundabad (Well only some parts of it, but that's still something  ;)). I personally think it looked really fitting for an old fortress held by the Orcs (at a time by the Kingdom of Angmar probably) for such a long time that almost no hints of Dwarven architecture are left there. And since the Edain Team won't release the Misty Mountains soon, do you think they should change the Gundabad buildings to look at least a bit like in the Hobbit movie?

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"

CragLord

• Gast
Re: Gundabad subfaction of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #1 am: 18. Aug 2015, 15:46 »
I was also thinking about that. :)
I think we didn't see too much about Gundaband in general, when we are speaking about faction of this mod. Maybe to wait some more spoilers and then we could speak about changes. :)
Btw, I have found this:
It is not part of this mod, but it is implementation of movie's fortress look and it looks nice. :)

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #2 am: 18. Aug 2015, 16:14 »
Yeah, I know about that interpretation: it's in the Horse Lords mod I think  :)
Maybe the Extended Edition of BOTFA will show more of Gundabad; and if not, I hope the Team find some way to redesign Gundabad subfaction according to the movies  :)

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: 18. Aug 2015, 16:32 »
It is mostly about team's preferences. It is wise to wait new spoilers and than we could discuss more about this. :) Yes, it is also wise to wait for new EE of BOTFA, maybe in that new 19 min we will see more details about Gundabad and in general.
I am also big fan of movie designs in general. :)

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #4 am: 18. Aug 2015, 16:53 »
I'm a fan of movie designs too  :)
I just hope they make a movie Gundabad, so I can have more reasons to play with Misty Mountains when they are released (I hoped Smaug would get a movie design, but he won't, so the best movie thing in the Misty Mountains is the Defiler in my opinion)  :P

bookworm1138

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Lasto beth nîn, tolo dan nan galad"
« Antwort #5 am: 19. Aug 2015, 01:58 »
i don't know: movie Gundabad looked too thin and empty. like it was just a bunch of angular, wedge-shaped spires overlaid with scrap metal (like the EVERYTHING-MUST-BE-IRON Horde from World of Warcraft: Warlord of Draenor). i know it's just the eastern gate, but it still looks wimpy compared to the Morannon, which was made by Gondorians at the height of their power, with the sharp, pointy "Iron Horde" additions made later by Sauron.

if we're going for any kind of fortress (personally, since its up in the north, i always saw Gundabad as just being a cold, ultimate North wasteland with orc camps, maybe some ancient Dwarven ruins, but no large fortresses or anything resembling civilization), then maybe something Dwarvish and ancient, since it was a meeting place for the Seven Houses of the Dwarves, but with the iron on top of that.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #6 am: 19. Aug 2015, 09:39 »
It looks too flat only from that side of view I think. It's probably larger than it looks (since it was a Dwarvish place maybe its halls go beneath the ground, and the metal shapes were a guardpost or something). And since the Moria subfaction already has Dwarvish ruins, maybe the Team will want to make Gundabad unique, so the movie version is an option in my opinion.  ;)
By the way, I thought the Black Gate was built by Sauron in the Second Age  :o

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #7 am: 19. Aug 2015, 10:11 »
I'm also not a big fan of Gundabad in the movie. However maybe the general theme could be applied to their buildings without pushing the in-my-opinion horrible fortress from the movie.

Btw before the Black Gate thing goes any further;
The Black Gate was first built by Sauron using the power of the ring. After the last alliance Gondor sat up the watch on Mordor and redirected the Gate's defence to face inwards (probably added some forts here and there also).

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: 19. Aug 2015, 10:14 »
We are satisfied with the current design of the gundabad subfaction. So there is no need to change anything, because i agree with hoho's opinion:
Zitat
I'm also not a big fan of Gundabad in the movie.

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #9 am: 19. Aug 2015, 10:31 »
Oh well, I like the movie looks of Gundabad, but if you guys think the current look is better then probably it is.  8-|
A bit off topic, but in which Misty Mountains subfaction are Smaug and the Defiler going to be?

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #10 am: 20. Aug 2015, 00:00 »
A bit off topic, but in which Misty Mountains subfaction are Smaug and the Defiler going to be?
They're main heroes and since MM will have access to all 3 subfaction at the same time, all heroes will be available from any citadel  (like the othet factions).
It's sort of a technical issue.

Darkslayer

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #11 am: 23. Aug 2015, 18:54 »
In BOTFA we saw PJ's interpretation of the fortress of Gundabad (Well only some parts of it, but that's still something  ;)). I personally think it looked really fitting for an old fortress held by the Orcs (at a time by the Kingdom of Angmar probably) for such a long time that almost no hints of Dwarven architecture are left there. And since the Edain Team won't release the Misty Mountains soon, do you think they should change the Gundabad buildings to look at least a bit like in the Hobbit movie?
Yes! I thought PJ's design was great. I don't remember the Edain team's designs, so I am not saying they are bad or anything, I just think seeing the skills of the Edain team would be cool to see applied to movie Gundabad.

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: 23. Aug 2015, 18:59 »
The problem is that Gundabad fortress has very similar architecture like Mordor structures or some Angmar structures (former fortress or Carn Dum on fortress map). Misty Mountains concept will be very "wild" and it means that such fortress doesn't fit there from game play perspective and even from design perspective.

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #13 am: 23. Aug 2015, 19:05 »
Our last statements were that we won't integrate PJ's interpretation of the fortress of Gundabad.
 The reason is that it looks more or less exactly like the normal Mordor buildings. The color, the structure... everything could be exactly like that in the Mordor faction. It's great to make such  connections in a movie, but for a game it wouldn't fit.
It's always difficult when two factions have a very similar style in buildings, so we're trying to give every faction an own style and not just copy the style of one faction for the other faction. A player should easily be able to notice the faction by looking at the buildings/troups. And the Movie building isn't really helping with that.

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #14 am: 23. Aug 2015, 19:46 »
Maybe you could use Gundabad design from War in the North game. I think that this a great design and more lore friendly as old dwarfish colony.  8-)

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #15 am: 23. Aug 2015, 21:20 »
Tienety has the best idea i think

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #16 am: 23. Aug 2015, 23:45 »
You're right, Tienety: Gundabad from War in the North is another, probably better, option :o

The Dark Lord

« Antwort #17 am: 24. Aug 2015, 11:25 »
i see all the talk of the fortress of gundabah what i think edain team should do is make the moutains around the subfation high enough en one opening and i also think the orcs from dolguldor should also be accesble at subfation only maby a bit weaker or different abilty than poisen that what i think :D

Maraelion

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #18 am: 24. Aug 2015, 12:34 »
i see all the talk of the fortress of gundabah what i think edain team should do is make the moutains around the subfation high enough en one opening and i also think the orcs from dolguldor should also be accesble at subfation only maby a bit weaker or different abilty than poisen that what i think :D

Just why? Has Dol Guldur any close relationship with the misty mountain orcs, except for the film? Does they help each other with troops in the books? I don't think so.
Dol Guldur belongs to Sauron and is not related with the MM
Greetings
Maraelion

The Dark Lord

« Antwort #19 am: 24. Aug 2015, 15:24 »

Just why? Has Dol Guldur any close relationship with the misty mountain orcs, except for the film? Does they help each other with troops in the books? I don't think so.
Dol Guldur belongs to Sauron and is not related with the MM
Greetings
Maraelion

because they are moria/gundabah orcs who follow the defiler in battle and yes those orc where summond from the mountains to go dol guldor that the related part those orcs and dol guldor was just a gathering point that why i think they should be inplanted somewhere at subfaction
« Letzte Änderung: 24. Aug 2015, 15:28 von The Dark Lord »

Maraelion

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #20 am: 24. Aug 2015, 15:53 »
As I wrote "except for the film" and the films were a melting pot of illogical concepts or at least concepts that were totally contradicting the lore.
Besides these heavy amoured orcs don't fit the Edain concept of MM. They are meant to be a wild host of different creatures.
And even IF I would like the idea of MM orcs joining Saurons forces in Dol Guldur and getting armed there, WHY should they be available for MM. They would have left their kin to fight for Sauron.
Its not vice versa (heavy armoured orcs from DG moved to MM)
Greetings
Maraelion
« Letzte Änderung: 25. Aug 2015, 13:14 von Ealendril »

The Dark Lord

« Antwort #21 am: 24. Aug 2015, 17:05 »
your playing a game that most of it based of the movies and i am only suggtion it because the orc from gundabah where armed marching with bolg to the erebor and those orcs armor looks the same as dol guldor

Maraelion

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #22 am: 24. Aug 2015, 19:15 »
ET said always that the books and the written lore have priority for them, what I can understand, because there is a lot of nonsense in the hobbit triology. Anyway I wish you good luck with your suggestion.  ;)
Greetings
Maraelion

The Dark Lord

« Antwort #23 am: 24. Aug 2015, 19:23 »
it was just i thought that not gonne happen and edain team does delever a great job of work

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #24 am: 24. Aug 2015, 19:30 »
Dark Lord no offense but can you use the

The Dark Lord

« Antwort #25 am: 24. Aug 2015, 20:34 »
Dark Lord no offense but can you use the
did i spoil something for you or do you mean the long post in any case sorry for in both cases  :(

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #26 am: 24. Aug 2015, 20:42 »
no offense mate im just saying because i had the same prob and they told me the same thing because it was a long post

The Dark Lord

« Antwort #27 am: 24. Aug 2015, 20:47 »
no offense mate im just saying because i had the same prob and they told me the same thing because it was a long post

allright i get it i will in the future
but how do you that

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #28 am: 24. Aug 2015, 21:39 »
when you reply there is an icon like this this
you press it

The Dark Lord