19. Mär 2024, 10:28 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Fanfiction fights!  (Gelesen 20298 mal)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
Re: Fanfiction fights!
« Antwort #30 am: 9. Nov 2015, 01:47 »
I'm not going to research it, because frankly I don't trust discussion on history, its impossible to know what really happened. I would assume that the longbows probably hit the French in soft targets, like their face, neck and legs, and did not pierce the plate armor. I have seen numerous tests online of reproduction longbows being used on reproduction plate armor, and even with the improved technology of today they simply do not pierce it.

As for the dwarven magic runes, you need look no further than in the hobbit, when they bury the troll gold and put protective spells and runes on it, and hello, multiple secret magic doors. Combine that with the incredibly secretive nature of the dwarves and I'm very sure that at the very least their heroes would have enchanted armor.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #31 am: 9. Nov 2015, 02:07 »
Sigh, alright I'll just drop the discussion then, next match :P!

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #32 am: 9. Nov 2015, 04:03 »
Reposting my previous suggestion for people who don't want to read the entire thing, Gandalf the White vs the Witch King.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #33 am: 9. Nov 2015, 10:27 »
gandalf would win 

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #34 am: 10. Nov 2015, 00:04 »
i have a good fiction fight glorfindel vs sauron who and why ???

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #35 am: 10. Nov 2015, 00:43 »
I don't know enough about this fight to get into detailed discussion, but Sauron would obviously win. The best that Glorfindel could do was kill a Balrog, which also killed him.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #36 am: 10. Nov 2015, 01:45 »
but the balrog didint kill him the fall from the cliff did  at least i think the cliff did the work
il wait for DieWalküre to give the answer .

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #37 am: 10. Nov 2015, 02:33 »
He was killed by Gothmog, lord of the balrogs

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #38 am: 10. Nov 2015, 14:30 »
i think they were fighting and both fellof the cliff

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #39 am: 10. Nov 2015, 23:34 »
It's in the Silmarillion, he kills Gothmog during the siege of Gondolin, and is then sent back in the Third Age.

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #40 am: 10. Nov 2015, 23:42 »
Zitat
It's in the Silmarillion, he kills Gothmog during the siege of Gondolin, and is then sent back in the Third Age.
Ähhhhhmmmmmmmmmm......
Just saying: Glorfindel didn't kill Gothmog. The Balrog's Lord was killed by Ecthelion and vice versa, Ecthelion dragged him into a fountain, he drowned and Gothmog died, too. (And this is not in the Silmarillon, but in the "Book of Lost Tales" or whatever its name is in english. I'm not even sure, if Glorfindel is mentioned in the Silmarillon, because he's so minor.)
Glorfindel did battle a Balrog and was also killed and vice versa, but this was a nameless Balrog (and they did indeed fall off a cliff). Apart from that it is unclear if this Glorfindel was the "Rivendell-Glorfindel", there are more than enough names which are used numerous times. (Ecthelion and Gothmog both being one of them, one Denethors father, the other one the Governor of Minas Morgul). Pretty funny actually. xD

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir

PS: Are you sure, there are no explosives in Mordor's and Isengard's army? ;)

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #41 am: 11. Nov 2015, 00:00 »
glorfindel is in silmarilion i know that

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #42 am: 11. Nov 2015, 00:13 »
Reposting my previous suggestion for people who don't want to read the entire thing, Gandalf the White vs the Witch King.
Witch King obviously [ugly]
Honestly it depends on many factors; Gandalf is limited in power while he's in Middle Earth, WK is not (not limited with how much could he use whatever power he has).
WK's power is sort of directly derived from Sauron's own strength and will, so more Sauron = more WK. WitchKing has also a damn ring of power  xD
WitchKing can use black magic and such to harm and kill (that's where the "witch" came from).

Now forget about the magic and all. if it came to pure melee 1 on 1, I would give the edge to the WitchKing.
Gandalf is powerful, true, but WitchKing is a more experienced fighter. Just think of how many battles he's been in since before he was even a Nazgul (since the days of Numenor (?)). Besides, he's got a huge arsenal of weapons to force his opponent to fight of his terms; An awesome sword to kill, a bigass mace to crash shields and armor, poisonous blades and knives...

Oh, and just to counter whatever argument you may come up with, the Witch King can only be killed by girls (as humiliating as it sounds), so a Gandalf vs WitchKing? the odds are Witch King will always survive to tell about it  [ugly]

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #43 am: 11. Nov 2015, 00:38 »
i know WK could be killed by girls but still he cant kill gandalf come on gandalf the white
said it himself he is the strongest thing gimli will ever see unless  he was brought to the dark lords throne room, and about the prophecy well it said that the WK cant die from a man gandalf is no man ether he s a maiar xD 

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #44 am: 11. Nov 2015, 00:41 »
Gandalf can't use his full power, I forgot the reason why. In that case I would give the edge to the WK too. If Gandalf was allowed to use his full power though, then he would be just like Sauron and probably destroy the WK.