19. Mär 2024, 11:24 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Fanfiction fights!  (Gelesen 20299 mal)

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
Re: Fanfiction fights!
« Antwort #45 am: 11. Nov 2015, 00:53 »
But Gandalf's spirit did not depart Middle-earth forever at this time. As the only one of the five Istari to stay true to his errand, Olórin/Gandalf was sent back to mortal lands by Eru, and he became Gandalf once again. Yet, as he was now the sole emissary of the Valar to Middle-earth, he was granted the power to "reveal" more of his inner Maiar strength. This naked power that lay within him was seldom used during the remainder of his time in Middle-earth, as his mission was essentially the same: to support and succor those who opposed Sauron. Nevertheless, when Gandalf's wrath was kindled his "unveiled" strength was such that few of Sauron's servants could withstand him.

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #46 am: 11. Nov 2015, 00:55 »
Gandalf can't use his full power, I forgot the reason why.
Because the Valar forbade the Istary from presenting any form of a god-like power, and forced them to be bound to a physical body.
Otherwise, yeah Gandalf would only be bypassed by Sauron himself (who was one of the strongest Maier ever).

Nevertheless, when Gandalf's wrath was kindled his "unveiled" strength was such that few of Sauron's servants could withstand him.
Keywords: few of Sauron servants = Witch King  xD

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #47 am: 11. Nov 2015, 20:55 »
Gandalf also wears a Ring of Power, and 1 of the 3 Elf Rings no less, greater than any of the 9. So he wins there.

Yes, his power was limited while he was Gandalf the Grey, but now that he has been sent back by Eru he can use most of his strength, except for some things like the ability to shapeshift. So the limited power argument is basically out as far as I'm concerned. Let us not forget he defeated an evil Maiar who was using his full strength, that being the Balrog, and that was while he was Gandalf the Grey.

Gandalf has been alive since THE BEGINNING OF TIME, there is no way he has less combat experience than the Witch King, argument out of the question.

The prophecy is that the Witch King cannot be killed by any MAN, but Gandalf is not a man, he is a Maiar. Argument out of the question.

Not going to get any more involved than this, because I don't think the presenter of the idea should argue a point, and should remain neutral. I personally think that neither would kill the other, but that it would be an incredible fight ending in a stalemate.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #48 am: 11. Nov 2015, 22:09 »
well i sure as hell would enjoy seeing gandalf and the WK fighting in that scene were the WK brakes gandafs staff