25. Apr 2024, 22:49 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Another Idea for Rohan Late-Game  (Gelesen 3058 mal)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
Another Idea for Rohan Late-Game
« am: 21. Aug 2015, 20:04 »
Here is another idea that would greatly assist Rohan late game, while also giving incentive to change from Peasant spam to Cavalry late game. This idea is fairly simple, and very fair and not overpowered in my opinion. It would also be exceedingly easy to implement.

Add a new unit to the Assembly Point, essentially the herald from 3.8.1. This unit has 2 requirements that must be met before they can be recruited. First, all 3 of the captains of Rohan must be recruited(Elfhelm, Erkenbrand, Grimbold), and second, Théoden must be cured of Grima's corruption. The units themselves would be elite cavalry, who do not grant any leaderships and have no formations, but have the passive ability "Elite Cavalry Training" which causes them to passively take only half damage from pikes. These units should cost 500 resources and 90 CP each, and be able to receive upgrades and level up. They should also not receive the discount from the Stud Farms, and should always cost 500.

This would fill the gap Rohan currently has for elite units(not hero units), with the only real elite unit currently being the Rohirrim Archers, and also give Rohan a strong cavalry unit for late game that could still be killed, but at least would stand a fighting chance. It would also prevent them from being OP early game, because you need to cure Théoden and get all 3 of the other captains from the Assembly Point first, and they are fairly expensive at 500 resources and 90 CP. You could just use the current Westfold Cavalry unit summoned by Erkenbrand in his cavalry form, and since its the only unit that Erkenbrand can summon that lacks a formation/ability, I think the passive reduction to pike damage would fit very well, and not be OP. Finally, this would fit extremely well for Rohan being a cavalry faction, and would add a lot of incentive for players to switch from the current peasant spam all game to using cavalry late game.

Finally, I am well aware of how effective Rohirrim Archers are at killing pikes and heavily armored units, but they are also EXTREMELY weak against archers. All you need to counter them is 3 units of archers with fire arrows, or 3 crossbowmen with steel bolts, and you can deal serious damage to an army of Rohirrim Archers.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • I can do quite a bit of coding myself :P
Re: Another Idea for Rohan Late-Game
« Antwort #1 am: 22. Aug 2015, 00:19 »
I like this idea!

ps: I voted yes on your poll in the other topic.

And if all that is too op for mid game too, they can have the same requirements as Royal guards (Need heavy armor,forged blades,horse shields.)

Also, can you specifiy what they health would be?

Would it be the same as westfold cavalry?
Sup :P

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #2 am: 22. Aug 2015, 14:34 »
i think its an awesome idea

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #3 am: 23. Aug 2015, 13:54 »
I may have another proposal. First, let's take a look at what is wrong with Rohan right now. Rohan should be a faction that ever-extends its territory, starting with peasants who protect their land and gradually changing into a deadly horsemen army, charging into battle as one. The first feature is well representated in the mod in my opinion, but two issues remain: the transition from peasants to cavalry, and late game. Thus, Rohan late game is cavalry and in order to improve it, we must focus on cavalry. The transition issue belongs to another topic.

Now, your idea gave me another one for the late game issue: you are right, an improvement must come by a stronger calvary, which means either a new elite unit (your idea), or either better leaderships. Here is my idea: let's give experience to the three Rohan captains, along with abilities (pretty much like heroes). Their level 10 ability would require each captain to be level 10 and would be a strong leadership that grants speed, resistance against slows and damage. It would act as a true and powerful late game tool, and perhaps Rohan could stand a chance against other factions late in the game.
Both ideas can be combined by the way.

"That still only counts as one!"

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #4 am: 23. Aug 2015, 15:26 »
awesome idea if that happens there s no need for buffing  rohan

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #5 am: 23. Aug 2015, 18:46 »
I may have another proposal. First, let's take a look at what is wrong with Rohan right now. Rohan should be a faction that ever-extends its territory, starting with peasants who protect their land and gradually changing into a deadly horsemen army, charging into battle as one. The first feature is well representated in the mod in my opinion, but two issues remain: the transition from peasants to cavalry, and late game. Thus, Rohan late game is cavalry and in order to improve it, we must focus on cavalry. The transition issue belongs to another topic.

Now, your idea gave me another one for the late game issue: you are right, an improvement must come by a stronger calvary, which means either a new elite unit (your idea), or either better leaderships. Here is my idea: let's give experience to the three Rohan captains, along with abilities (pretty much like heroes). Their level 10 ability would require each captain to be level 10 and would be a strong leadership that grants speed, resistance against slows and damage. It would act as a true and powerful late game tool, and perhaps Rohan could stand a chance against other factions late in the game.
Both ideas can be combined by the way.

The idea to give the captains experience and additional abilities has already been brought up as well(by me) and I think its a great idea. I already made a thread where you can post suggestions about additional ability ideas for each captain.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #6 am: 23. Aug 2015, 19:01 »
Ye, I know right. What I especially wanted to bring up was the level 10 ability I proposed, shared by all three captains.

"That still only counts as one!"