24. Apr 2024, 14:11 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Merge the abilities of Royal Guard and Royal Archer into 1 Royal Guard unit, and increase the limit to 6 units, giving them the ability to dismount their horses and different abilities depending on whether or not they are mounted?

Yes
37 (69.8%)
No
16 (30.2%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 48

Autor Thema: Changes for Royal Guard and Archers, Poll  (Gelesen 11198 mal)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
Changes for Royal Guard and Archers, Poll
« am: 21. Aug 2015, 20:13 »
Here is a relatively simple idea. Rohan currently only has 1 recruitable heroic unit, the Royal Guard, and 1 other heroic unit that can be summoned, the Royal Archer. I think it would be very intuitive to merge both of these units into 1 through a mount/dismount function, similarly to the Black Riders, and increase the unit limit to 6. Most other factions have at least 2 recruitable heroic units, totaling 6 battalions, so Rohan is at a disadvantage with only 3.

For their abilities, they would keep their passive Guardians of Rohan ability regardless of whether or not they are mounted, and while mounted would have For Death and Glory, and while dismounted would have their weapon switch between bow and sword. This would make them very flexible and useful, and give Rohan both heroic cavalry and infantry, so that whatever style they picked, either infantry or cavalry play, they would have a strong unit to rely on.

Finally, I want to make a simple request that if you vote no, please post your reasoning why, because I think this is a pretty fair and reasonable idea. Thanks for reading :)
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Tienety

• Gast
Re: Changes for Royal Guard and Archers, Poll
« Antwort #1 am: 21. Aug 2015, 20:29 »
Great idea. But I think that Rohan should have only 3 battalions of Royal Guard.
He has also three captains with westfall units as second heroic/elite units.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #2 am: 21. Aug 2015, 20:34 »
Heroic units have 3600 HP, the captains of the westfold are significantly weaker then this, and if anything can be classified as Elite units.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #3 am: 21. Aug 2015, 23:07 »
I like the idea!It will make them even more Elite and usefull but I too think that 6 Battalions are too much I think 4 or max 5 will be enough! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: 21. Aug 2015, 23:10 »
Very nice idea. :) With that sentence you have described idea nicely, and you got my support.
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Sep 2015, 19:46 von CragLord »

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #5 am: 22. Aug 2015, 00:18 »
I like the idea!It will make them even more Elite and usefull but I too think that 6 Battalions are too much I think 4 or max 5 will be enough! :)
Mordor has 6 heroic battalions
Gondor has 9 heroic battalions
Dwarves have potentially limitless heroic battalions
Isengard troops with shieldbearers and all their upgrades are essentially all heroic battalions
Why limit the Royal guard to 4 or 5? Having 6 heroic battalions is the average amount.

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • I can do quite a bit of coding myself :P
« Antwort #6 am: 22. Aug 2015, 00:23 »
The only problem with this idea is, it might make Rohan an archery faction :/.
Sup :P

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #7 am: 22. Aug 2015, 01:16 »
How would it do that? Rohans main archers aren't very good, also while off their horse Royal Guard would be slow and susceptible to trample.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #8 am: 22. Aug 2015, 02:12 »
i like the idea

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #9 am: 22. Aug 2015, 04:18 »
How would it do that? Rohans main archers aren't very good, also while off their horse Royal Guard would be slow and susceptible to trample.

Okay, think about it this way: if they are limited to 6, rohan can buy 6 elite archer battalions.

Now think, how many rangers would you usually buy in a game? (As gondor)

3-6?

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #10 am: 22. Aug 2015, 04:32 »
If the Rohan player had 6 Royal Guard battalions, that's 720 command points. I don't know about you, but if I had spent that much on these units, I would be very careful with them. Always using them on foot would be a big risk, easily punished by mounted heroes or basic cavalry. Also, they still do not do as much damage as Rangers that have been upgraded.

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #11 am: 22. Aug 2015, 06:43 »
If the Rohan player had 6 Royal Guard battalions, that's 720 command points. I don't know about you, but if I had spent that much on these units, I would be very careful with them. Always using them on foot would be a big risk, easily punished by mounted heroes or basic cavalry. Also, they still do not do as much damage as Rangers that have been upgraded.

Hey, I tottally agree with the idea, I just thought the only down of it should be put in the open.  :P

Also, if they do as much damage as guardians of the white company, they will do the exact same damage as rangers. (tested and 2 rangers with fire arrows = 1 guardian of the white company damage wise)

Also, if they fix the tent armory bug, and give the tent rohhirrim fire arrows/armor piercing arrows plus add this idea; I would actually think to bring Rohan online (Instead of always going Mordor/Gondor)
« Letzte Änderung: 22. Aug 2015, 06:46 von ™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™ »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #12 am: 22. Aug 2015, 07:03 »
Mordor has 6 heroic battalions
Gondor has 9 heroic battalions
Dwarves have potentially limitless heroic battalions
Isengard troops with shieldbearers and all their upgrades are essentially all heroic battalions
Why limit the Royal guard to 4 or 5? Having 6 heroic battalions is the average amount.
Well as you put it this way I have to agree that having 6 Battalions will be just fine! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #13 am: 22. Aug 2015, 10:02 »
I answered no because I don't like the idea of having 6 same heroic battalions. For instance can you picture 6 battalions with bow behind your army? That's no rohan. Even though Mordor and Gondor have (way) more, that doesn't mean Rohan should get additional heroic units.
Plus, if the team is not fond of making a summon from a level 10 hero permanent in the first place, I don't think they will like this idea better.

"That still only counts as one!"

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #14 am: 22. Aug 2015, 10:26 »
Well then how about they just get the Dismount Ability and may be some other better ability and make them Limited to 4 since really Rohan is no Gondor nor Mordor but still there should be balance! :)