20. Apr 2024, 00:55 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Wildmen leader  (Gelesen 6979 mal)

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
Wildmen leader
« am: 22. Aug 2015, 10:14 »
I personally never use the wildman hero who costs 1000: he is not entirely canon and I think his gameplay spot is really bad. Why? Well, you recruit wildmen in the early game to harass the enemy while ensuring your economy and at that moment of the game you can't afford 1000 for him (or that's not what an Isengard player is supposed to do: he must reach his late game phase as soon as possible). Later on, you usually don't use wildmen because Uruks give you everything you desire.
This is my way of playing Isengard and I believe I'm not the only one because I haven't seen him so far.

My idea is quite simple: remove him. Instead, we can recruit a new unit called Leader of the Wildmen. He would act as an unnamed leader and you would be able to recruit only one at a time. He would be cheaper, say 500 or 600, but also weaker, with fewer abilities than the current 1000 gold hero. I believe it is also more suitable -lore wise- because Wildmen follow strength and only strength. When the leader dies, they follow the second strongest, regardless of anything else ... Dothraki way  xD

What do you think?

"That still only counts as one!"

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
Re: Wildmen leader
« Antwort #1 am: 22. Aug 2015, 14:44 »
you have a point i like your idea the hero of the wild man is quiet useless he should have early game skills but your idea is awesome with the leaders

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #2 am: 22. Aug 2015, 23:12 »
The leader of the Wildmen is actually canon, you see him in the extended edition of the film and read about him a bit in the books. However, I also agree that the current implementation of him is completely and utterly useless. Not only is he pathetically weak, but like you said nobody can afford to get him early game. I rarely even see wildmen, because most players are just trying to get their economy going as fast as they possibly can. Isengards early game needs some serious work.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #3 am: 22. Aug 2015, 23:18 »
i know he s in the book but in the game he s not that good as Adrigabbro said
« Letzte Änderung: 24. Aug 2015, 14:27 von Gandalf The Gray »

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: 23. Aug 2015, 09:25 »
I agree this guy is useless in game. I never used him.
Maybe Wulfgar can be mini-hero (like Kili/Fili/Erkenbrand....etc) with new price 500 or 750.
« Letzte Änderung: 23. Aug 2015, 13:14 von Tienety »

Adrigabbro

« Antwort #5 am: 23. Aug 2015, 13:23 »

That's why I said he is not entirely canon: his name is invented. And as I was thinking that Dunlandmen only follow strength, I've ocme to the point their leader doesn't need a name.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #6 am: 23. Aug 2015, 18:52 »
Does having a name really hurt though? Look at the 2 dwarf heroes, Murin and Drar, who are both fiction from games workshop. Additionally, look at Lurtz, an entirely movie character, and Tauriel, an entirely movie character. The team brings the best of both worlds to the mod, with movie exclusive characters as well as book exclusive characters. What he needs is a buff or reduction in price to actually make him useful, right now he is garbage.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Adrigabbro

« Antwort #7 am: 23. Aug 2015, 19:04 »
You didn't got my point... I know not eveything is purely canon but it doesn't matter, the whole point is about giving this hero some usefullnes.

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: 23. Aug 2015, 19:10 »

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #9 am: 23. Aug 2015, 19:35 »
yep mini hero  :D xD

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #10 am: 23. Aug 2015, 20:30 »
You didn't got my point... I know not eveything is purely canon but it doesn't matter, the whole point is about giving this hero some usefullnes.
I did get your point, and I'm agreeing with it. I clearly wrote in my previous post that he needs to be made less expensive in cost, or receive some buffs to his abilities, to increase his usefulness. Read it again if you don't believe me.

Adrigabbro

« Antwort #11 am: 23. Aug 2015, 20:45 »
My bad here.  :o English is not my native tongue and I think it's the reason I'm not clear on what I'm trying to say. xD
When I said "You didn't get my point" (and not "didnt got" btw, sorry about that..) I meant you didn't understand why I like an unnamed leader better than a named leader. It is because your name/your family don't matter with Wildmen ; they follow strength above all.

Anyway, the important point of the thread is the current uselessness of Wulfgar, but no quiproquo on that one. xD

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #12 am: 24. Aug 2015, 02:29 »
Well I think we can all agree that the Wildmen leader is pretty much useless as of right now.  I don't think anyone ever uses him.  I did some testing with him because I honestly wanted to know if he had any use.  And some of the abilities he has are pretty interesting.  But his price and and Isengard's goal in general of getting to endgame as fast as possible make him useless. 

I do have an idea for him though.  What if at level 6 or 7 he had a leadership ability that improved Isengard late game, like something that greatly improves the recruitable wildmen.  I don't know what the skill would be but hopefully you get the point.  However, to get have the ability to get this upgrade, you must have a level 6 or 7 Wulfgar BEFORE you get the Level 3 upgrade to Your barracks, siege works, and warg pit.  If you don't do this, Wulfgar dies and you won't be able to recruit Wildmen or Wulfgar anymore.

This idea would give players a choice.  You could skip Wulfgar and go for late game as soon as possible, but your late game won't be as good.  Or you could go for Wulfgar and eventually have an improved Late game.  However, you have to last in early and midgame longer, leaving you more exposed.
Is this idea any good?

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #13 am: 24. Aug 2015, 03:08 »
I don't really see how it would fit the lore. The Wildmen of Dunland were just a disorganized rabble who barely even fought in any battles head to head at the time of the war of the ring, they basically just raided villages and killed women and children. The only major battle that I recall them taking part in was Helms Deep. I don't see how the wildmen could contribute to late game, they are so pathetically weak compared to normal uruks with upgrades that its pointless.

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #14 am: 24. Aug 2015, 09:51 »
I have some idea how to make Wulfgar more useful:
price: 750

Wulfgar's abilities:

Level 1: Chieftain of Dunlendings(passive)
Wulfgar leads dunlendings to battle.
Nearby dunlendings units get +15% damage and if Wulfgar is on battlefield, torches upgrade for dunlendings costs only 100.
Wulfgar gets +5% armor for each nearby dunlendings unit(max +50% armor).

Level 2: Wind Plunderers
Wlfgar incites his Wird Man of Dunland to prunder.
For 30 seconds Wulfgar and nearby allied Windman of Dunland capture resorces from defeated enemies.

Level 4: Raid
Wulfgar goes on a raid with his Wird Men of Dunland.
300 resouces will be stoles from the chsen resource buiding and given to the player.

Level 6: Berseker Frenzy
Wulfgar deals +100% damage againts buldings for a short time.

Level 8: Oarth of Man of Dunland
Wulfgar swears an outh to fight for Saruman.
Temporarily Wind Men of Dunland are recruited faster.

What do you think about this?  8-)
« Letzte Änderung: 24. Aug 2015, 17:09 von Tienety »