29. Mär 2024, 13:09 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: New unit for Isengard Early game. (+ ideas)  (Gelesen 18333 mal)

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
Re: New unit for Isengard Early game. (+ ideas)
« Antwort #15 am: 25. Aug 2015, 18:23 »
Zitat
You can't just expect a good erly game when playing Isengard given the insane late game you get.

We don't want every faction to be completely equal. If every faction would have the same strength as every other faction at every given time, there would be nearly no differences betweent he factions and it would be very boring.
Isengard already has a really strong lategame and a strong Isengard army is one of the strongest armies in the game.
So they need to be weaker in other parts of the game, f.e. the EG. Isengard has problems in the beginning, but afterwards they get stronger and stronger, while other factions have other power peaks..

Not sure if you understood me right, but that's exactly what I meant.   ;)

And you were right.  xD

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #16 am: 25. Aug 2015, 18:31 »
I understood you right. Just forgot one word at the beginning. I've edited it. :P

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #17 am: 25. Aug 2015, 18:43 »
Zitat
They just have nothing that can counter the spam.
Wargs can counter them easy, and wildmen are perfect ork-killers.
The EG from Gondor and Dwarvens is so strong how the from Rohan and Mordor to. Gondor and Dwarvens need 2 minutes to buy all buildings in the fortress. Mordor and Rohan need the same time, and all of this 4 factions can spamm units when they do this.
The point of early game with Mordor is to ignore enemy units and go for economy buildings, including the Wildmen Hut. Don't try to deny this, because I have seen you do it in a couple of our games. If a good Mordor player keeps this up, he can easily destroy all of Isengard's outer economy buildings, force him to waste money on Sentry Towers to defend his inner ones, keep him pinned in his base, then follow up with cirith ungol units and a couple battering rams to basically kill him. I've experienced this from both sides, and it is very effective. Rohan is even easier, once you have Gamling and enough peasant spam you can easily take the whole map, make an outpost close to Isengard's base and make some rams there, and finish him off.
Also, Isengard making Warg Riders? Make Farmhands/Orc Pikes for cheap, boom you win. Sure, you might surprise the enemy a bit with Wargs, but in the long run they are terrible cavalry, easily killed by the weakest pikes in the game.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Skeeverboy

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • Bankai Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
« Antwort #18 am: 25. Aug 2015, 19:27 »
Zitat
easily killed by the weakest pikes in the game.
THAN DON'T RUN IN THE PIKES :D
This was in Rise of the Witchking so, and it is now so to.
Swordman again pikes and other swordsman.
Archers again pikes, swordman and other archers.
Cavallery again archers and swordsman.
Pikes again cavallery, trolls and wargs.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #19 am: 25. Aug 2015, 19:46 »
If they have a mixed army of pikes and swords, than what are you supposed to do? Warg Riders are incredibly easy to counter as both Mordor and Rohan, because their pikes are super cheap, and their swordsmen are cheaper. Isengard early game has no chance against Rohan and Mordor played well, end of story.

Also, I'm well aware of what units counter other units, don't talk to me like I'm some kind of noob please :P
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

CynasFan

• Bündnisgenosse der Elben und Menschen
  • Freude ist eine ernste Sache
« Antwort #20 am: 25. Aug 2015, 19:57 »
I have to say, that Skeever is the hard opinion that cavallary is good how it is at the Moment. We two had a test gaming. he was Mordor an I Rohan an both with 1800 armies. he had only the normal orcs and uruk Units an I had normal riders, riders with axes and the ridding bows some with Upgrades but I had lost definitly. But he is still the opinion that cavallary is good at the moment. Especcially because of the spam which have Mordor and also Rohan.
I think that it would be the best if especcially the Rohan and also the Mordor spam would get nerfed massively. So Isengard wouldn´t need an new unit and would be good in the early game, because wargs could kill early riders of Rohan.
Greetings, CynasFan
"Die Vernunft kann sich mit größerer Kraft dem Bösen entgegenstemmen, wenn der Zorn ihr dienstbar zur Hand geht!"
Papst Gregor der Große

"Alles was ich anzubieten habe ist Annäherung. Fragment. Wille zum Scheitern."
Walter Moers

Skeeverboy

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • Bankai Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
« Antwort #21 am: 25. Aug 2015, 20:04 »
This wasn't a test... a real test is much fights of two players who are equal strong.
Zitat
If they have a mixed army of pikes and swords, than what are you supposed to do?
Then the scouts attack the spears. Do you think that it will good for the gameplay, when cavallery can run over pikes?

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #22 am: 25. Aug 2015, 20:58 »
This is completely off topic, I wasn't even talking about cavalry beating pikes, I was talking about Isengard early game. I personally like the new cavalry system, although I think it shouldn't be instakill on swordsmen, just on archers, and pikes should deal a little less damage to cavalry. Anyways, if the armies are mixed up, you can't tell your scouts to attack pikes without also fighting swordsmen.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #23 am: 27. Aug 2015, 04:14 »
isengard should be able to spam wildeman i think they should be kinda like the rohans peasants

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • I can do quite a bit of coding myself :P
« Antwort #24 am: 27. Aug 2015, 05:50 »
isengard should be able to spam wildeman i think they should be kinda like the rohans peasants

Good idea  8-|

Maybe the Wildman hut can generate resources?

Sup :P

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #25 am: 27. Aug 2015, 09:18 »

Good idea  8-|

Why would you then ever build something else but wildmen huts? A building which generates resources and can recruit units - that´s totally OP.

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • I can do quite a bit of coding myself :P
« Antwort #26 am: 27. Aug 2015, 10:08 »
Zitat
Good idea  8-|

Why would you then ever build something else but wildmen huts? A building which generates resources and can recruit units - that´s totally OP.
[/quote]

I was thinking it more-so producing 20 resources, and giving 60 command points.

Not it being a full-fledged resources building (Like the Rohan one)
« Letzte Änderung: 27. Aug 2015, 12:06 von Ealendril »
Sup :P

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #27 am: 27. Aug 2015, 10:28 »
oh man, I really forgot about the Rohan farms generating resources and recruiting units  :D

Ok so it really wouldn´t be totally OP if you see it that way...

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #28 am: 27. Aug 2015, 10:35 »
As others have said, Isengard's early game is meant to be on the weaker side, I think the main problem is that Mordor and Rohan are disproportionately strong at the moment. What EliteKryptik has described, being able to ignore enemy units and just keep going after their buildings is not healthy gameplay.
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #29 am: 27. Aug 2015, 12:43 »

Good idea  8-|

why not they are thieves and barbarians after all i think the huy of the wildmans needs a upgrade that after you get it it gives a passive skill to wildmans to steal money