16. Apr 2024, 23:58 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: A Few Words on Text Comprehension  (Gelesen 2125 mal)

bookworm1138

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Lasto beth nîn, tolo dan nan galad"
A Few Words on Text Comprehension
« am: 1. Apr 2015, 18:29 »
I've found the Edain mod to be of unusually high quality overall. However, as a writer and a native and fluent speaker of English, it gets confusing and annoying when I have to put my game on hold just to try to comprehend what the translated tool-tip is trying to say.

To remedy that, I would suggest finding someone with a well-rounded grasp of English grammar to re-word and re-order the translated text into comprehensible sentences. For example: the Isengard scout hero, I don't know if he's supposed to be called "Lutz Farning" or if this is supposed to be the minor villain Bill Ferny from the books.

Sorry if this comes off as too nitpicking, but I feel that the grammatical quality should match the high quality set by the rest of the mod.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

SRQPO85

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: A Few Words on Text Comprehension
« Antwort #1 am: 1. Apr 2015, 18:36 »
The english text in my version is pretty much perfect, are you sure that there is nothing interfering with or modifying your games tooltips?

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
Re: A Few Words on Text Comprehension
« Antwort #2 am: 1. Apr 2015, 18:51 »
The english translation is most definitely not perfect (for several reasons) and the team is very happy if you post any bugs you find here. Any further suggestions concerning grammar etc. are probably also welcome, since all of the modders are german and therefore no native speakers. However, you need to be precise (i.e. your Bill Ferny suggestion), since I find the overall quality of the translation pretty good. :)

And you are certainly not nitpicking, in my book any constructive criticism is welcome.