18. Apr 2024, 22:19 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief General Ideas  (Gelesen 117847 mal)

Secret Keeper

• Thain des Auenlandes
Re: Brief General Ideas
« Antwort #180 am: 16. Mär 2017, 20:50 »
I like the idea of Osgiliath per se. But there is only so much you can add to mod and still be fun to play, unique and so on. Atleast we can discuss and speculate, but chance of having a new outpost for gondor exponentially reaches zero. 

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #181 am: 16. Mär 2017, 21:58 »
I see your point and Mordor's strategic and political position.

Yes, mine was a loyal depiction of the geopolitics of Middle-earth. And I therefore believe that this situation is rightly applied to the game, where Mordor counts on diversity and on a wide variety of possibilities. These are the strong points of the faction, just like Gondor excels in other aspects (as military discipline, siege or formations).

Don't worry, you have nothing to apologise for. We're just discussing  :)

Lord Aytugar

• Gast
« Antwort #182 am: 17. Mär 2017, 02:56 »
I want to indicate that Osgiliath is not my  personal proposal for addition to Gondor outpost. It is a situation to upcoming potentially Arnor's Amon Sul or other named outpost. If Lindon and Imladris is going to rework and if Amon Sul will add to Arnor, this makes 2 outposts. When thinking about Mordor and its ourside castles, Osgiliath is not a bad idea for Gondor. But first of all it definitly depends on Arnor's ally military bases. Lindon archers and Windriders is simillar to Dol Amroth Stronghold units also Glorfindel to Imrahil. Therefore the relationship between Amon Sul and Osgiliath can be implemented balancedly to the game. The point is will Arnor have 2 outposts or keep the same external buildings?

Please don't say me the second one because i can't accept it  :) Positively Lindon Tower needs to rework at least units of it. In this way it is limited and not toggled now. Of course it may remain unchanged, it is up to community. I only say it might be discussed. Last decision on your hands. Thanks for reply and personal opinions.

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #183 am: 17. Mär 2017, 03:23 »
Wait, Arnor is not getting an Amon Sul outpost, or any  new outpost for that matter. Where did you get that idea from?

Lord Aytugar

• Gast
« Antwort #184 am: 6. Apr 2017, 19:07 »
What do you think about new 1.09 patch? Do you consider to add similar visual efects and skills to mod?

kreso

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • Balin,the son of Fundin, at your service ;)
« Antwort #185 am: 2. Mai 2017, 03:36 »
Hi guys

I dont know, maybe by translation into english some1 made mistake but it is not clear when u have in description "for short time duration", how long?? You know what is the time of effect of some skill or power. I think it would be nice to have that certainly defined in description.

Regards, sry about my english. :(
"What have we done, O king? Is it a crime to be lost in the forest, to be hungry and thirsty, to be trapped by spiders?"

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #186 am: 20. Jun 2017, 14:41 »
Would it be possible to display every unit's damage when hovering over them just like it is with the heroes? I think many people wonder what damage is dealt for example by trolls, ents, orcs etc.

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #187 am: 20. Jun 2017, 15:03 »
No, that is not possible.

Mogat

• LPS-Sieger
  • Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #188 am: 20. Jun 2017, 15:39 »
You can switch on health bars in the options.

Cogito, ergo sum

NobodyInParticular

• Hobbit
« Antwort #189 am: 7. Aug 2017, 15:48 »
Anyone else notice that the "Numenorean" hero class uses the "Shield Maiden" animations? Just something I wanted to point out.

Anyway, I was wondering if you couldn't make Cripple Shot and Thorn of Vengeance hit normal units as well. Seeing as there are threats such as Trolls, Fire Drakes, and other such things that can't be targeted.

Another suggestion, for the Create a Hero's would be to add either an armor attribute, or simply add more armor, because with the armor they have now, they'll die real fast.

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #190 am: 7. Aug 2017, 16:46 »

I disagree concerning you proposition to add armor to the create a hero:

- In the others mod on personal heroes can destroy a massive army and they can beat other normal heroes like aragorn.
- In edain they are more like a little bonus (a sort of captain), they are ggod like that because they can support the troops.

Otherwise welcome to modding union!

Goodfella

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • *Insert something cool here*
« Antwort #191 am: 9. Aug 2017, 22:37 »
Hi everyone,

A quick one this time and nothing to do with towers (yay! [uglybunti]):

A universal speed boost.

One of my favourite features of the patch fixes that deathless made is a universal speed boost.

It has nothing to do with balance, it's just another gameplay change that I and others would really like to see.

Pros:
It makes the games feel quicker, more action packed and generally more fluid.

It's way more fun to watch, as well as play, at higher speed.

Micro is more difficult at higher speeds, but this is a positive imo as it rewards the player with better micro skill.

Cons:
I understand there's a few issues with animations at higher speeds. It's something that obviously needs considering. This really is opinion based but i would much prefer a changed animation for any that are acting strange at high speeds. I'd even prefer strange animations being kept in - It's a sacrifice I'd be willing to take - but of course many may disagree with that.

There may be an issue with giving a speed boost (if it is a percentage increase) whereby you make units with already high-speed relatively quicker and slow units relatively slower. For example, a 10% universal speed increase would give a unit with speed '10' +1 speed but a unit with '100' speed +10 speed. Maybe giving an absolute speed value (rather than a percentage) increase like '+50 for all' would work, or simply reducing the speed of those units that are too high - either way it would def. be worth it imo!

What does anyone else think about a universal speed boost? I think it's another very simple change that would greatly improve the experience of the mod!
« Letzte Änderung: 9. Aug 2017, 23:48 von Goodfella »
Euggghhh, I'm dead - Gildor 2017

NoldorSithLordsShipwright

• Gast
« Antwort #192 am: 10. Aug 2017, 02:37 »
Correct me if I'm wrong (don't have access to the game atm) but isn't there a setting that allows you to change the speed at which you play? I could be remembering a different game.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #193 am: 10. Aug 2017, 09:03 »
Pretty sure you're thinking of Warcraft there.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

-DJANGO-

• Balins Schriftführer
  • I might play Unchained!
« Antwort #194 am: 10. Aug 2017, 11:48 »
A universal speed boost is def something i'd like to see in future. As you stated, it makes the game more dynamic and fluid.

One concern i have though, which you already pointed out, is that units that already have a speed boost become relatively quicker (like ered luin guardians in 4.4.1). This is something that should def be looked at.
But it generally also means that you can retreat quicker and the player who has an advantage in a fight (e.g. by using a spell) has less time to capitalise on it.

The other thing concerns the mirco intensity. Don't get me wrong, i absolutely support more mirco intensity in edain. But i just want to point out that the more mirco is involved, the bigger the host advantage is. Especially in such an old game like BfME.
In BfME2 1.09 mod for example, where the gameplay has high pace and the mirco intensity is huge, between two totally equal players the host will always win. Thats why they have hosting rules for tournaments...
However i think a speed increase of 10-20 % will be just fine.
- THE EAGLES ARE COMING -