28. Mär 2024, 21:23 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief General Ideas  (Gelesen 116472 mal)

Mogat

• LPS-Sieger
  • Heiler von Imladris
Re: Brief General Ideas
« Antwort #195 am: 10. Aug 2017, 12:32 »
Definitely in favour, that would make the game more fun to play, reduce the effect of lag and make it much more competative (micro intensity, quick decision making, increased APM etc.). The skill curve would shift in the right direction.

About the distortion of the relative speed-differences: I don't think it would make that big of a deal (except maybe for some already really quick units like buffed exiles etc.), and in those cases one can always trim a little.
« Letzte Änderung: 10. Aug 2017, 12:40 von Mogat »

Cogito, ergo sum

Beutlin

• Hobbit
« Antwort #196 am: 22. Aug 2017, 01:15 »
First of all, I would like to congratulate the Edain team for their truly excellent work. The Edain mod is arguably the best Middle-earth game out there.

Now to my question/idea: In skirmish, I like to choose random factions as my opponents. That said, whenever I play for example Gondor it feels weird and non-canonical to see Rohan attacking my base. I would therefore really like to see an option to define your random opponents as either good or evil factions; so for example if you pick a "random good" factions, you can choose "random evil" as your opponents.

My apologies if this question has already come up. And if so, I guess it might not be possible to create such an option.

Keep up the good work!

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #197 am: 22. Aug 2017, 12:18 »
Sadly this is technicall not possible.

Beutlin

• Hobbit
« Antwort #198 am: 23. Aug 2017, 05:51 »
Alas, I feared as much. Thank you for your answer however.

Lord Aytugar

• Gast
« Antwort #199 am: 1. Mär 2018, 17:13 »
Hello everyone! I sometimes have a problem to create a hero. Some abilities are only one skill and this is not useful for every time. For example i can not have mount+leadership+blade master. It wont become 10 skills
 To provide this, some abilities can have more skill like blade master %10, %20, %30 or mount v, 2v, 3v velocity and other abilities can be done multiple skills.

Gnomi

• Administrator
« Antwort #200 am: 1. Mär 2018, 18:12 »
There are many restrictions  we have to accept in CaH.
If you remember, we had a lot of problems with saved games or constant crashes - the main problem behind those bugs were the huge amount of upgrades, which are used in the edain mod.
Every single ability for CaH also adds another upgrade, so we have to be very careful with adding more abilities. (by adding 2 or more steps for every ability with only one step will need at least another 30 upgrades, most likely more)
This is a huge amount of upgrades. This is why we probably won't do it.
In addition to that I personally loved those restrictions - It wasn't always possible to get all skills, I want, so I had to decide, which I want. F.e. in the original game, I always had the problem with wizards and word of power. I always ended up with 5 skills before I had it - which is why I sometimes had to take another combination to get word of power. I had more fun trying out different combination and looking which works well, than actually playing with the heroes. :D

Lord Aytugar

• Gast
« Antwort #201 am: 1. Mär 2018, 22:37 »
From your perspektive, it is difficult and needs to be very careful to do this. I respect that. When thinking of the status of mod, it will not be done. I just don't like it this way.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #202 am: 30. Mär 2018, 15:00 »
Would it be possible to have the launcher pull the latest news from the forums instead of it being hardcoded? It's just a matter of pulling the last data from the one of the links (based on launcher language) below everytime the user opens the launcher:
English news board rss: https://modding-union.com/index.php/board,377.0.html?action=.xml;type=rss
German news board rss: https://modding-union.com/index.php/board,37.0.html?action=.xml;type=rss
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #203 am: 30. Mär 2018, 15:58 »
Would it be possible to have the launcher pull the latest news from the forums instead of it being hardcoded? It's just a matter of pulling the last data from the one of the links (based on launcher language) below everytime the user opens the launcher:
English news board rss: https://modding-union.com/index.php/board,377.0.html?action=.xml;type=rss
German news board rss: https://modding-union.com/index.php/board,37.0.html?action=.xml;type=rss

That's a great idea Necro. The news on the launcher are kinda old now  [ugly]. Such a feeding system it would make the launcher dynamic and updated.

Darkayah

• The old blood will unite them, but destroy all
« Antwort #204 am: 31. Mär 2018, 13:38 »
Zitat
That's a great idea Necro. The news on the launcher are kinda old now  [ugly]. Such a feeding system it would make the launcher dynamic and updated.

Ye,thats true. Necros Idea would be a nice feature!  :)
Grüße Darkayah

Of old blood, magic, fire and darkness!
The old blood will unite them all, but causes the  world to be destroyed!
-Prophecy of Valarya

Lust auf eine alternative Mittelerde Geschichte und dazu ein RPG? ?
Der Thron von Mittelerde

kmogon

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "They stole it from us ! My precious Curse them!"
« Antwort #205 am: 16. Apr 2018, 13:58 »
I would like to present some skills that could somehow have a positive impact on the uniqueness of the game.
I would like to suggest the introduction of a passive ability that has been going on for a long time. namely, I mean the ability that I called :

the glorious death - the death of the hero increases the damage and armor of nearby units for some time.

I think that this could increase the strategic aspect associated with some heroes: whether to sacrifice it for the likely victory of the battle or withdraw it to keep the resources for something else. this ability can also be used vice versa when balancing too strong heroes. The death of a general on the battlefield would cause scandal among individuals, or reduce their effectiveness for a certain time. Such a function would force the player to think more - is it profitable to send the hero on the first line?

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #206 am: 23. Apr 2018, 20:03 »
I would like to present some skills that could somehow have a positive impact on the uniqueness of the game.
I would like to suggest the introduction of a passive ability that has been going on for a long time. namely, I mean the ability that I called :

the glorious death - the death of the hero increases the damage and armor of nearby units for some time.

I think that this could increase the strategic aspect associated with some heroes: whether to sacrifice it for the likely victory of the battle or withdraw it to keep the resources for something else. this ability can also be used vice versa when balancing too strong heroes. The death of a general on the battlefield would cause scandal among individuals, or reduce their effectiveness for a certain time. Such a function would force the player to think more - is it profitable to send the hero on the first line?
Not bad. I like it.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #207 am: 24. Apr 2018, 10:11 »
That's pretty cool, although I'd limit it to certain heroes and perhaps each hero only boosts certain types of units. This could be used to boost the values of some heroes. This will need to be balanced before it can be included since it isn't a minor adjustment, most likely the modifier would have to be adjusted, but for some heroes it could be a good opportunity for their actual value to catch up to their price.
E.g:
Death of unmounted Faramir boosts Ithilien Rangers
Death of mounted Faramir boosts Gondor Knights
Death of Boromir boosts Gondor Infantry (gondor pikemen, gondor soldier and gondor archers)
Death of Eomer boosts royal vanguard and exiles
Death of unmounted Gamling boosts peasants
Death of mounted Gamling boosts Rohirrim Archers.

In addition, I don't think this should be a thing for evil faction, they are more likely to run if one of their heroes dies but I don't think it would be good for the balance to debuff them.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Gnomi

• Administrator
« Antwort #208 am: 24. Apr 2018, 11:39 »
We already discussed something similar, but we decided back then, that we won't add it.
The reasons were quite simple:
You should not get rewarded to let your hero die. It should not be more beneficial  to send your heroes death instead of rescuing them.
This will lead to situations in which one palyer wants his hero to die, while the other one ignores him completely, as he would loose more by killing him.
Killing a hero should not punish you, but reward you.
No matter if it is a strategic aspect, it will just feel frustrating for the other player, because he shouldn't kill the hero, while the hero kills his units. Also sending Aragorn, Gandalf or other famous heroes into their death should never be the best way to play the game.
A hero shouldn't be worth, because they are strong dying persons. Heroes should be strong because of what they do, when they are alive.

Also I wouldn't say that evil factions all would run away.^^ Angmar  always ways very fascistic - so I don't think that they would run away, but try to kill the enemy no matter what.
Also I don't think that Uruks would give a fuck about Ugluk or Lurtz dying.^^

NoldorSithLordsShipwright

• Gast
« Antwort #209 am: 30. Mai 2018, 12:17 »
Would it be possible to add to the tooltip of building construction/unit recruitment the time it will take to construct/recruit? Can the same be done for spell/ability cooldowns?