19. Apr 2024, 04:54 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief General Ideas  (Gelesen 117880 mal)

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
Re: Brief General Ideas
« Antwort #135 am: 6. Aug 2016, 07:10 »
I had little idea to make Citadels useful : Citadels give 50 resources but little slower and have auto defence system shooting arrow at enemy in the range of the castle it will help early game and little fix AI problem when they cant buy expansions on the castle and so on on camps and posts (have 3 settlement options) they just better protect area of thier buildings :)

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #136 am: 6. Aug 2016, 17:45 »
This might be something worth looking into for the future as an alternative, I personally find it quite interesting, however, currently, there is an internal division. One side claims bases and their defenses go down too quickly while the other side  claims bases are too strong and easy to defend, towers in particular for their cost.

Nevertheless, I highly doubt this will happen, because you can already build a tower early game and make the base completely unassailable by the AI. Or not to forget, the smaller sentry towers on camp maps. I think ET really wants you to invest in your defenses, while not demoting early aggression. It's quite a volatile mix haha.

I am not sure about the 50+ resources, in the long term, this has huge implications and it becomes a question of math. I am sure that a dev could better look at this suggestion.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Leri_weill

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #137 am: 24. Aug 2016, 01:40 »
I got an idea, but even I am unsure if it is good or not : Could you do two versions of every map, one with Arnor enabled and the other with Arnor disabled ? Some people might want to play Arnor on the "usual" maps and some other might want to play Gondor on the Arnor-specific maps!

Now I know that it would double the number of maps and that it could be annoying when you look for some map to play on. Plus that would mean some boring work for the team (and AI behaviors for every map to creat ?). And last Arnor is supposed to be a "bonus" faction only playable on 2nd Age-themed maps. But you did put so much love into this faction, I feel that it's wasted by the map restriction. Maybe some more people would try Arnor if it was more "accessible" ? We'd really have the feeling to get one more playable faction!

What do you think about this ?

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #138 am: 24. Aug 2016, 07:01 »
We won't do this. Arnor will stay a map feature on a bounded number of maps. But it is possible to increase the number of maps slightly.

Kubijas

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #139 am: 29. Aug 2016, 15:40 »
i had an idea if it would be possible to add :
Good side Heroes
----------------------------------------------
hobbits
Ents

Army
Mordor : Men of the East
                Orcs of the Mordor

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #140 am: 29. Aug 2016, 15:48 »
i had an idea if it would be possible to add :
Good side Heroes
hobbits
Ents

Army
Mordor : Men of the East
                Orcs of the Mordor

All these elements are already present in the game. By the way, I merged your 'suggestions' with this thread, as they weren't objectively acceptable as an own thread.

You have already been recommended to act in conformity with the basic suggestion guidelines and improve your presentation. It really seems you did not do that at all.

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #141 am: 28. Sep 2016, 03:21 »
I do think it would be nice to allow Imladris access to their stronghold is some way (Spell?), the Dunedain camp is integral to the fraction as ii represents Arnor during the War of the Ring.
All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana, a favorite person of mine

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #142 am: 28. Sep 2016, 11:20 »
What about switching the special outposts of Arnor and Imladris (giving the stronghold of Imladris to Imladris and the Dunedain outpost to Arnor)?

I don't agree with you for a few reasons. What's the point of giving Imladris an outpost based on Imladris itself? Most of the outposts in the game grant exactly to each faction a unique subfaction, naturally different yet related to the main motives of its corresponding faction on the basis of lore and conceptual connections. Via this clever system, the Edain Mod can thus smartly implement a wide variety of elements and ensure a proper level of gameplay differentiation. Imladris disposing of its former fortress of BFME2 would contrast to the previously-mentioned premises.

Furthermore, speaking about the lore, the Dúnedain as we know them in LOTR are the Rangers of the North (the remnants of the fallen kingdom of Arnor), allied with Rivendell and appointed to watch over the Shire and Eriador. The very heroes present in the game belong to the LOTR timeline, if I'm not wrong. Implementing all of this in Arnor would be a clear lore-contradiction, as well as being an unnecessary deprivation for Imladris of its unique subfaction.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #143 am: 28. Sep 2016, 13:46 »
What about switching the special outposts of Arnor and Imladris (giving the stronghold of Imladris to Imladris and the Dunedain outpost to Arnor)?

I don't agree with you for a few reasons. What's the point of giving Imladris an outpost based on Imladris itself? Most of the outposts in the game grant exactly to each faction a unique subfaction, naturally different yet related to the main motives of its corresponding faction on the basis of lore and conceptual connections. Via this clever system, the Edain Mod can thus smartly implement a wide variety of elements and ensure a proper level of gameplay differentiation. Imladris disposing of its former fortress of BFME2 would contrast to the previously-mentioned premises.

Furthermore, speaking about the lore, the Dúnedain as we know them in LOTR are the Rangers of the North (the remnants of the fallen kingdom of Arnor), allied with Rivendell and appointed to watch over the Shire and Eriador. The very heroes present in the game belong to the LOTR timeline, if I'm not wrong. Implementing all of this in Arnor would be a clear lore-contradiction, as well as being an unnecessary deprivation for Imladris of its unique subfaction.
This.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #144 am: 28. Sep 2016, 17:12 »
I disagree with your proposal. From a lore-wise point of view, Arnor represents the main Realm of the Eriador when the Witch-king rallied its forces in the North, with Imladris being one of Arnor's powerful allies. There were also few Dunedain Rangers at that time, and they were mainly guarding the Barrows of Cardolan.

On the other hand, the Dunedain as implemented with Imladris represent anything left about Arnor: a variagated and vast supplementary force of the safe refuge of Imladris, however not too strong or expanded to reclaim the whole Eriador (this is represented at its best with the Dunedain Outpost)

Furthermore, from a gameplay-wise point of view, the Dunedain Outpost provides several advantages where Imladris is lacking, which are: larger but cheaper batallions, economy and military boost, and a decent early-mid game (I don't know other players, but most games I play with Imladris I make great usage of the Dunedain Outpost in the early-mid game).

The Imladris Fortress in Arnor, on the other hand, provides the faction (which, like its southern counterpart, already has a decent early-mid game) with powerful elite units to complement its late game (these being Glorfindel and his Riders, Cirdan and the Lindon Guardians, and various upgrades) in a similar way the Border Stronghold of Dol Amroth does for Gondor, while it would be too disadvantageous to give such building to Imladris (which already has a strong late game)

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #145 am: 28. Sep 2016, 22:50 »
In my opinion, I don't like this change. Imladris' Stronghold reflects the fact that the Elves helped the remnants of Arnor to finish Angmar off, Glorfindel was a key part on defeating the Witch King, and both this outpost and the Earnur summon reflect the aid that Arnor got in their final days. Furthermore, the Dúnedain Rangers were never a lot, in the Arnor timeline they should be few as they only were part of the Cardolan barrowguards and the Aranarth rangers, I don't think an outpost for them in Arnor is fitting.

In Imladris, just making the already underpowered Glorfindel even harder to recruit would harm the faction, and I think the Dunedain outpost fits because, even if they are not a lot, Dunedain Rangers are on the side of Imladris, and Eriador as a whole. Imladris' external plots represent the different people of Eriador, the Hobbit Farm representing the Shire, the Lindon Watchtower (that fits both in Arnor and Imladris) represents Lindon (of course), and the Dúnedain Outpost reflects the fact that Imladris and them are allies, unlike in Arnor, where the Rangers are just a small part of the faction. The rangers have a bigger purpose in Imladris, both gameplay-wise and lore-wise, as the protectors of Eriador and the way for Imladris to produce cheaper units.

So, in my opinion, this change would harm both factions, losing Glorfindel and his Riders in Arnor, which are useful in gameplay and fitting in lore, and making Glorfindel be worse in Imladris by making him only recruitable in an Outpost. Also, I think the way it is right now includes more elements from the lore, with Glorfindel helping the Men of the North and the Dúnedain being allies with Imladris, but not just a part of their army (which I believe the settlement would make them feel like, like the Ithilien Rangers.)

EDIT: What I think could be made to give Arnor some more variety is making their Rangers able to change weapons between sword and bow, if they receive Aranarth's upgrade. That way they'd get other elite unit without changing a lot.
« Letzte Änderung: 28. Sep 2016, 22:55 von Julio229 »

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #146 am: 29. Sep 2016, 02:15 »
I've explained bad the advantages the Dunedain Outpost gives to Imladris, my mistake. I'll analyze them more specifically, then:

1. Different types of units (but of course, that can be achieved also in a settlement building)
2. The Storage Tent gives +540 command points
3. The Medic Tent heals your allies and grants leadership
4. The Watchtower grants good defenses (you have at least 8 Dunedain firing arrows and 4 patroling the outpost)
5. And also the Troops Tent allows the recruitment of the Dunedain, Halbarad and a Siege Machine
(These are the military boost I was talking about^^)

Furthermore, each expansion grants you +10 resources regularly. This means that Imladris can have access (in a reasonable short amount of time) a powerful option, and cheaper than the regular outpost, for its expansion plot, which simultaneously grants to the faction troops, leadership, healing, command points, defenses, siege engines and resources (while on a regular outpost you would need 5 different buildings to have them all, and I think the Imladris Fortress or a Dunedain Camp wouldn't represent at its best the huge usefulness of the Dunedain Outpost nor its deep connection with the Noldors)^^

In Imladris, just making the already underpowered Glorfindel even harder to recruit would harm the faction, and I think the Dunedain outpost fits because, even if they are not a lot, Dunedain Rangers are on the side of Imladris, and Eriador as a whole. Imladris' external plots represent the different people of Eriador, the Hobbit Farm representing the Shire, the Lindon Watchtower (that fits both in Arnor and Imladris) represents Lindon (of course), and the Dúnedain Outpost reflects the fact that Imladris and them are allies, unlike in Arnor, where the Rangers are just a small part of the faction. The rangers have a bigger purpose in Imladris, both gameplay-wise and lore-wise, as the protectors of Eriador and the way for Imladris to produce cheaper units.

So, in my opinion, this change would harm both factions, losing Glorfindel and his Riders in Arnor, which are useful in gameplay and fitting in lore, and making Glorfindel be worse in Imladris by making him only recruitable in an Outpost. Also, I think the way it is right now includes more elements from the lore, with Glorfindel helping the Men of the North and the Dúnedain being allies with Imladris, but not just a part of their army (which I believe the settlement would make them feel like, like the Ithilien Rangers.)

EDIT: What I think could be made to give Arnor some more variety is making their Rangers able to change weapons between sword and bow, if they receive Aranarth's upgrade. That way they'd get other elite unit without changing a lot.

I agree with this^^

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #147 am: 29. Sep 2016, 06:21 »
Finally, just a small observation: Imladris will have 3 heroes that are build out of the fortress: Cirdan, Halbarad and, now, Glorfindel. This makes a lot of sense to me, as the ET wanted Imladris' strenght to be resided on it's heroes as well, and it will become even harder to have all/most of the heroes in the matches.

The fact that heroes are the focus of the faction's strength doesn't automatically infer the conclusion you came up with. There is a strong argument against that: both Círdan and Halbarad belong to other subfactions different from the main core of the faction, while Glorfindel resides exactly in Rivendell as the champion and one of the guardians of that sacred valley (I personally see him as one of the 'military chiefs', in charge of patrolling and reconnaissance). Why should he be placed outside the main fortress in the first place? It would just be like having Celeborn or Gandalf available not in the main stronghold but in secondary outposts.

In my opinion, I don't like this change. Imladris' Stronghold reflects the fact that the Elves helped the remnants of Arnor to finish Angmar off, Glorfindel was a key part on defeating the Witch King, and both this outpost and the Earnur summon reflect the aid that Arnor got in their final days.

I completely agree with Julio. These are the fundamental motives underlying the current mechanics. Rivendell's stronghold in Arnor symbolises the canonical alliance between the Eldar and the descendants of the Númenóreans, following the footsteps of the ancient friendship between the Edain and the Elves of Beleriand, and obviously reminding also of the pivotal deeds of the Last Alliance in the Second Age. This is a too iconic of a connection to be done without in favour of focusing further on the Dúnedain (in an already Dúnedain-dominated faction).

As for Imladris, the settlements and the outpost do represent the multicoloured variety of the inhabitants of Eriador and their common struggle in containing the Evil from those lands, alongside showing in a very subtle way that Imladris doesn't seek to expand itself beyond its sacred borders (in line with its blessed characterisation as a secluded sanctuary that mirrors the splendour of the West in the mortal Middle-earth). I thus still don't understand the need of replacing the current unique subfaction with the former fortress of Imladris from BFME2, when the heart of all is already Imladris itself and you may already dispose of an Elven outpost. I'm not saying that your reasoning concerning balance doesn't have a logic, dgsgomes, but those aspects should be generally justified by conceptual arguments in the first place, and I think your proposal exactly lacks consistency in regards of the points related to differentiation and uniqueness I addressed above.

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #148 am: 29. Sep 2016, 11:05 »
Hey Edain Team is there a way to give Siege units some guard around them that will protect them from enemies some melee guys around like 4 or 5 guys and maybe some archers in the back ?

In outpost :Imlaris Stronghold good but Glrofindel and his Raiders are already in Imladris so
change would be welcome .
I think we should look more into Epilouge we had there we had Noldor Warriors Imladris in Edain mod had Veterans of last Alliance they should be move to Imladris Stronghold without hero . Imladris Stronghold would cost 1000 becouse there is smaller wariety of units (only one unit).
« Letzte Änderung: 7. Okt 2016, 00:43 von Slawek56703 »

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #149 am: 29. Sep 2016, 16:11 »
Zitat
Hey Edain Team is there a way to give Siege units some guard around them that will protect them from enemies some melee guys around like 4 or 5 guys and maybe some archers in the back ?
No, sadly that's not possible.

Zitat
In outpost :Imlaris Stronghold good but Glrofindel and his Raiders are already in Imladris so
change would be welcome .
I think we should look more into Epilouge we had there we had Noldor Warriors Imladris in Edain mod had Veterans of last Alliance they should be move to Imladris Stronghold without hero . Imladris Stronghold would cost 1000 becouse there is smaller wariety of units (only one unit).
I don't agree with that. Arnor is a map feature of Gondor, so it has to own the same playstyle with the same unit constellation. Gondor has the Dol Amroth Stronghold on the outpost with Imrahil (mount hero) and his riders. Arnor has as equivalent an Imladris Stringhold  with Glorfindel (mount hero) and his Windriders.
I don't think we will change that.

Aranarth is the one who founded the "Dunedain" after the fall of his fathers kingdom. Our Arnor is set on the timeline shortly before the fall of Arnor, so it wouldn't make sense to give the Dunedain a more important role.
Of course, we have given Aranarth the possibility to follow the path of the Dunedain - but this is only a small feature to make this hero more interesting and unique.^^