29. Mär 2024, 00:15 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief General Ideas  (Gelesen 116492 mal)

Saeros

• Thain des Auenlandes
Re: Brief General Ideas
« Antwort #210 am: 4. Sep 2018, 20:15 »
Any chance to make the unupgraded arrows textures more visible?
Sometimes it is really difficult to find out where the arrows are coming from, especially when the shooters are behind the player's units.

tolgayurdal

• Gast
« Antwort #211 am: 5. Sep 2019, 15:41 »
Is it possible to add mount skill to Servants of Darkness Cah class? Black Numenorian or Commander of Carn Dum?

ElessarTelcontar

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #212 am: 9. Sep 2019, 16:37 »
Hi,

While it is being active I want you to ask: How would it be if it is possible to equip a tower of an ally? I think it would be super and it adds game some reality 8-). Actually I have asked this question before in my other suggestion posts but either they avoided answering this or it has gone unnoticed. I hope this time it will take reaction.

Have a nice week.
"Be it a rock or a grain of sand, in water they sink as the same."

Seleukos I.

• Edain Balancetester
  • Galadhrim
« Antwort #213 am: 9. Sep 2019, 16:47 »
I'm actually a bit confused. Do you 1)want to put your own units (archers) inside your allies Tower or do you 2) want to equip his tower with upgraded arrows, like fire arrows or steel bolts?

Anyways:
Version 1:
Well, if it's possible (tecnical), why not? I mean, I don't think it would change too much, but yeah, it could be cool.
Version 2:
I don't think it is possible. And it wouldn't look really good as well (just imagine a Mordor tower shooting silverthorn arrows :D )

best reagrdes,
Seleukos I.

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #214 am: 9. Sep 2019, 17:04 »
2) Is definetly impossible.
1) Not sure if it is possible, but in case it is, it would be impossible to get the units out of it again.

ElessarTelcontar

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #215 am: 9. Sep 2019, 17:17 »
I'm actually a bit confused. Do you 1)want to put your own units (archers) inside your allies Tower or do you 2) want to equip his tower with upgraded arrows, like fire arrows or steel bolts?

I mean 1, not 2.

2) Is definetly impossible.
1) Not sure if it is possible, but in case it is, it would be impossible to get the units out of it again.

So it can be possible to equip an ally tower with one's own units but it is not possible to take them out of the tower. Is it impossible for both sides(one and one's ally) or just for one?

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #216 am: 9. Sep 2019, 17:31 »
Zitat
So it can be possible to equip an ally tower with one's own units but it is not possible to take them out of the tower. Is it impossible for both sides(one and one's ally) or just for one?
I'm not sure if it is possible, without trying it out to put allies into your own tower, but I expect it to be possible.

The problem is that only the player contorlling the building can use it's buttons and thus he will be the only one being able to evacute units.

ElessarTelcontar

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #217 am: 9. Sep 2019, 18:04 »
The problem is that only the player contorlling the building can use it's buttons and thus he will be the only one being able to evacute units.

Then I understood correctly. I think it would be good even with the fact that evacuating can be done only by owner of tower. Ability to evacuate them also ensure owner's decision. For example, if the situation requires the owner's own unit to be equipped then owner can easily swap them. Or when it is not needed ally forces can be evacuated by owner of the tower.

The logic behind ability of equipping an ally tower is that when situation requires to send forces to defend ally or an area, equipping ally towers with archers can substitute ally forces for a period of time and it enables utilizing towers vision and protection in that period. Scenario: An ally who already sent their forces to help, intentionally spared some of his forces so it is not crucial for him to evacuate his forces in that period. After ally feel safe he can evacuate them or replace them with his own forces.

If equipping is technically possible, I think it promotes multiplayer experience by providing additional action, some tolerance and handling.

tolgayurdal

• Gast
« Antwort #218 am: 10. Sep 2019, 08:27 »
It is obviously a great idea, especially then mine. A Commander of Carn Dum may able to do that. A tower resembles so many things for evil factions. I dont know that it should have a purchasable upgrade like fire arrow. But it can fire black arrows naturally. Although i disagree to have units inside. I would love to see that happened one day.

ElessarTelcontar

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #219 am: 10. Sep 2019, 12:18 »
Merhaba Tolga :),

I could not get what is your exact opinion about the suggestion. But I deduced it was a positive one. What about starting a poll about it?

FG15 and others, I would like to hear opinions about the suggestion in terms of gameplay from you also. Or should I posted this as a separated topic? Because after this resolves I want to suggest one more thing about vision of towers which I have also posted in appropriate places and it has gone unnoticed before. In any case, I will post it after a while.

Have a nice week.

tolgayurdal

• Gast
« Antwort #220 am: 10. Sep 2019, 13:58 »
Merhaba ElessarTelcontar :),

In Edain universe Black Numemorians still wield a great power in only Angmar yet. Adding an entire cah class about them explains their importance. Eventhough their abilities mostly unique, it would be greater that providing them different skills. My first proposal would be simply 'mount a horse' ability cause of non existance in any other evil cah. It is lore friendly that a commander or Black Numenorian might ride a horse.

Also the tower skill suits this character. It has not seen since v3. 8.1 Grishnakh as i remember. Servants of Darkness always remembered with a Dark Tower. About the models, it would be great to see them in another topic.

Best regards

Seleukos I.

• Edain Balancetester
  • Galadhrim
« Antwort #221 am: 10. Sep 2019, 16:03 »
Zitat
FG15 and others, I would like to hear opinions about the suggestion in terms of gameplay from you also.

Well, here is what I think about outposts/towers in teamgames:
From my experience as a player I would say outposts/towers slow down the gameplay a lot. When one player or team gets an outpost in the certer of the map or at another important position (hills of Ruhdaur in the middle top/bottom or Emyn Arnen in the middle for example) ther other player/team can maybe try to take down the outpost before it is completely build up, but after that can't really fight near a well or a statue unless you have a much stronger army. However, towers aren't the main problem, the leaderships and the healing are.
But, thanks to the changes made in the Mega-fix (used by most online-players) and the comming changes in the 4.5 the firepower of towers is much weaker. That is good, because a single outpost can get taken down easier. In 4.5 the function of a tower build on an outpost should be some kind of "early warning system", not defending the outpost alone.
Now this is were your suggestion would change some things. Right now it is already possible to put units insde your own towers (but I don't see this that often^^). Now a player would be able to let his ally put units inside his tower, that wouldn't change much, I think.
So the outposts main strenght defensivly isn't the firepower of towers (refering to Mega-fix), so I don't think your suggestion would hurt the gameplay.
But on the other hand I don't think it will really improve the gameplay of towers and outposts either.

So, in short :D
Outposts (and therefor towers) slow down the gameplay of teamgames right now, but towers are not the main problem. However I don't think that your suggestion will really improve the usefullness of towers, because I almost never see someone putting archers inside his torwer on an outpost.

That's what I think about your suggstion in Terms of gameplay, I hope this isn't completely off-topic^^

best regardes,
Seleukos I.

Halbarad

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Soldat Gondors
« Antwort #222 am: 10. Sep 2019, 18:56 »
I think it would be nice if it would be possible to enter allies towers with archers again.

As far as I remember was possible in one old Edain Version, but also very strong, since you could just enter Rohan towers with Mirkwood archers, killing enemy catapults from inside. But since towers got much less stronger because of their limitation in numbers and positioning, I think that wouldn't be that overpowered anymore.
Also would be nice to save troops by hiding them inside an allies tower.
So I am for that suggestion :)

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #223 am: 13. Sep 2019, 13:53 »
Trolls creeps shouldn't be able to be baited out with heroes. They often guard the most valuable spots on a map and provide the most gold, a harsh contrast in comparison with how easily they are creeped with the starting battalions and a scout hero. Right now, they're nothing more than a cash infusion to the player who gets them first. By comparison, wargs are disproportionately strong, trampling in one hit most standard swordsmen and their bite dealing huge amounts of damage.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #224 am: 13. Sep 2019, 16:32 »
I second everything you've written regarding trolls, and, I wish to add, I do believe there might be plenty of possibilities to fix said features in adequate ways, in order not to have them in the game as mere accessories or background ornaments. On a conceptual note, cave-trolls and Wargs are granted significant visibility in the films, and both (should) remind the player of two equally-prominent scenes: Moria and the wolf ambush on Rohan's convoys. So, the more hazardous, the better.

Besides, I would be glad to know where people's general opinion stands in respect with map hazards, too. Barrow-wights are, in my opinion, the most effective, efficient, and frightful kind of game disturbers; they probably exemplify how every neutral, feral being ought to work and act. I see some possible scopes for proposing even newer typologies of them, here, hopefully sparking additional interest around the topic, though more elaborate concepts are food for other dishes :)