29. Mär 2024, 10:59 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief General Ideas  (Gelesen 116522 mal)

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Re: Brief General Ideas
« Antwort #240 am: 29. Feb 2020, 22:29 »
Zitat
About the sound replacement, you can use the sounds from War of the Ring(2003). You already use the sound of Beornings, Dwarf Shieldbreakers, Gimli, Rohan Riders and Gondor Swordsmen from that game but there are more potential
I think that all of those sounds should be deleted in 4.5. Otherwise it is a bug.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #241 am: 6. Mär 2020, 19:46 »
Good evening, gentle dames and knights of our realm :)

Here is something I would like to propose:

Zitat
Yesterday I noticed that all Dwarven kingdoms and Lothlórien are the only factions in the game that still show the old, vanilla icons when selecting mixed troops (your entire army, that is). Not only is said art outdated, but also unfocused and quite cartoonish, if you ask me.

Each other faction is already provided with decent icons, displaying its relative host in the act of marching to battle. It is not required that every image represent the widest variety of troops possible; on the contrary, nearly all pictures focus on a characteristic type of unit, be it standard Orcs, Rohirrim, Last Alliance veterans, and so forth. In other words, it is the own reference to films or other sources that really matters. Wherefore, in such a spirit, I took the liberty to craft two alternative concepts.

MIND: Despite having been tweaked and graphically enhanced, both icons will have to be further adjusted, anyway, and the whole 'scroll effect' is to be added as well. Any issue with lighting, colour tone, and sharpness can be sorted out without any difficulty; what takes the foremost, principal spot are the concepts themselves.

Fellowship

• Bilbos Festgast
  • "I Aear cân ven na mar - The Sea calls us home"
« Antwort #242 am: 7. Mär 2020, 00:47 »
My friend, they look amazing! I fully agree with your suggestion. ;)

Fürst der Nazgûl

• Bilbos Festgast
  • "Ea ez garun. Borganash. Daz-dandu gulizash."
« Antwort #243 am: 7. Mär 2020, 08:02 »
i am absolutely for it, the icons looks really great.
Danke an CMG für Avatar & Banner :)

Ash nazg durbatulúk
Ash nazg gimbatul
Ash nazg thrakatulúk
agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

Halbarad

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Soldat Gondors
« Antwort #245 am: 8. Mär 2020, 04:14 »
Angmar do has the same icon, I think Gondor has it also. I don't know about the other factions. Besides that I do think that both icons, especially the dwarven one, look like as if they would be showing one specific unit (dwarven lances from the kingdom Iron Hills and Galathrim from Lorien), not the whole army of mixed troops. Although I do agree to you that especially Lorien could benefit from a new icon.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #246 am: 8. Mär 2020, 15:53 »
Gondor shows its riders as they gallop to war, if I'm not mistaken. Other than that, I see the point you raise with unit representation, which I have addressed as well, but most factions defy such a premise by having their own icons display only a particular kind of troop (the most characteristic, often). I thus picked said concepts by virtue of exclusiveness, rather than inclusiveness; in this case, the exclusive unit is meant to embody the core of the faction, but I also had to deal with lack of available sources and concept scarcity.

The Golden Wood is probably going to sport another new icon. Regardless of it, anything that replaces vanilla content is welcome with open arms :)

Geethopapa

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #247 am: 5. Apr 2020, 08:49 »
REGARDING THE EXTERNAL BUILD PLOTS AND THEIR IMPACT

Hello everyone. I wanted to provide some ideas regarding how the external build plots could be made important to have and contest for all throughout the game.

If we simplify the whole thing, it all comes down to a one statement: A player would never contest for the external build plots, unless there is a clear definitive reward in doing so that has no alternative.

Currently, there isn't much, except for secondary unit production buildings for some factions. So, if we take a very realistic take on things, rather than from lore-bound perspective, then there are a few general benefits to expanding one's border of influence beyond the base territory. I'm talking in a very generic sense now. They are:

1. More resources. (Currently implemented, but could be made more robust. More in the ROLES section below.)

2. More Vision and line of sight. (Currently implemented but could be made more robust in effect. More in the ROLES section below.)

3. Forward military operation (Currently implemented and this aspect is alright imo.)

4. Idea of "Friendly territory" created by the expanse of kingdom border. (This aspect hasn't been explored yet. The idea of a virtual territorial border, around the castle which expands as the player captures build plots. There are several ways the influence of these "territorial zones" could be implemented. For example, units gain speed boost in their "zone" as it's a "Safe zone", and conversely suffer the speed penalty in "enemy zones" as units have to traverse more carefully per say.  Similarly, damage boosts, armor boosts could be given to different factions based on their faction design ideas.

5. Different "ROLES". This could be a very fun aspect to explore .Like assigning a particular role to a structure, via toggle-able abilities.

For example, SCOUT ROLE: Makes the structure produce less resources or slow unit production, but gets increased Line of Sight and vision and probably stealth detection. Maybe an active ability to reveal a wide radius around it. Enemy could never tell by looking at a structure, but only the player. That way, ambushes could be way interesting, as an enemy who thinks he's currently moving in the fog of war and undetected gets surprised by Shelob, or any such powers.

MILITARY ROLE: Fortifies the building, increasing its hitpoints and armor at the cost of resource production. An active ability like AMBUSH, which can summon a battalion of units around. Or something like, "WARTIME GARRISON" ability, which enables the players to garrison units within the structure for ambushes purposes. Or maybe a hero can garrison and boost the units stats around the structure, etc. That could serve as the forward retreat point for Heroes too.  EDIT: The garrisoned units would slowly heal and reinforce fallen members over time too.

MAXIMUM RESOURCE PRODUCTION: Which sacrifices hitpoints and armor for additional resources.

All of these would be basically invisible to the enemy player, to them it would just be a regular building. That is the whole point of this.

I don't know if these ideas are even possible to implement in the game. But I think something needs to be done to make expansion a lucrative and fun idea as well.
« Letzte Änderung: 5. Apr 2020, 10:46 von Geethopapa »

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #248 am: 5. Apr 2020, 12:28 »
4. The implementation of something like this doesn't sound possible in a feasible way. It could always be possible to give units boni near allied buildings like a speed buff, but defining which part of the map belongs to which player is not possible.

5. We removed such a system for 4.5, because in a majority of cases there were no meaningful choices included. It is still possible in a couple of special cases (like Lorien's Mallorn Trees), but will likely stay a special feature of certain buildings.
Also, a lot of the details you suggest aren't possible.

Including more non-economy structures with some special functions would be possible though.

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #249 am: 2. Jul 2020, 11:21 »
Hey! I have a small suggestion concerning heroes recruitment. Could it be possible to make heroes portraits appear greyed out when the building has not reached the required level? Instead of not seeing the hero portrait until the building levels up. I saw that in AotR, so it should be possible. :)

Seleukos I.

• Edain Balancetester
  • Galadhrim
« Antwort #250 am: 9. Jul 2020, 15:39 »
Hello :)
I'd like to suggest to change the "win condition" of the game.
Right now you need to destroy all "military buildings" of your enemy to win the game. This includes the citadel and recruitment buildings like barrcks, stables or siegeworks.

The problem I see with this is that you quite often only need to destroy two or three buildings to kill your opponent. It can be enough to just rush your opponent's base with some trolls or rams and kill the citadel and the barracks and your opponent is dead - even if he has the better army and everything.

Now ofc I do know that baserushing and the perventing of baserushing are important parts of any rts game. I just think right now it is too easy to kill your opponent with some rams for example.
My suggestion on how to "improve the situation" is, as I said in the beginning, to change the win condition. I'd suggest that you not only need to destroy the citadel and military buildings, but also economy and other buildings inside the base/on outposts.
In the popular Mega and Sparta fixes for 4.4.1 you even needed to destroy all settlements of your opponent - and it wored just fine. However, i can understand that this can be a bit annoying when playing vs the AI.
But having to destroy all inbase buildings shouldn't have any negative effect on the gameplay in general. However, not being able to kill your opponent by clumping units behind his buildings anymore should improve the gameplay by quite a bit, I guess.

I personally would be more than fine with having to destroy outside farms as well, as this could allow some interesting "basetrade" scenarios in some special situations, but as I said, I imagine it being annoying when playing vs AI.

Of course I'd like to hear the opinion of other players on the topic, Multiplayer players as well as players who play mostly vs the AI  :)

Best regardes,
Seleukos

Halbarad

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Soldat Gondors
« Antwort #251 am: 9. Jul 2020, 16:22 »
I agree, you should not only destroy the citadel and the barracks but also other buildings on the "big" building plots such as eco buildings, towers, wells, ...
However, I don't think that you should also destroy buildings from the small defending building plots or those from walls, such as towers, catapults or buildings such as the banner from Mordor that raises production speed or the cages from Angmar.

Destroying all of the enemies farms should only be winning condition if you get an extra game mode for that, otherwise - as you said - winning especially against AI could pretty annoying.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #252 am: 14. Jul 2020, 23:08 »
Since most recruitment buildings only recruit one or two heroes max, is it possible to remove the hero submenu? It's would reduce the number of clicks required and, based on some tests I did, also reduces the chance of the recruitment bug occurring.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #253 am: 16. Jul 2020, 13:02 »
What exactly is the recruitment bug?

Smeargollum

• Edain Balancetester
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • #teamfish
« Antwort #254 am: 16. Jul 2020, 14:44 »
Sometimes it happends that you pay the money the hero costs but the hero is not recruited so that you basically throw a lot of money out of the window for nothing.
I think that is meant with it.

"What if the real balance was the friends we made along the way?"