28. Mär 2024, 23:26 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Map Ideas  (Gelesen 44374 mal)

Dobipapa

• Hobbit
Re: Brief Map Ideas
« Antwort #30 am: 24. Aug 2019, 15:38 »
Hello!

I have some fortress-map ideas:

Caras Galadhon, Thranduils Castle
Gundabad Stronghold, Goblin Town
Annuminas
Umbar City, Barad Dur

Hope you like the idea! Have a nice day!

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #31 am: 25. Aug 2019, 11:14 »
Welcome to the forum.

Your concept isn't much of a concept and rather throwing names into the room.
If you want to suggest something, please elaborate those ideas further.

Lord Mortis

• Hobbit
« Antwort #32 am: 30. Nov 2019, 18:14 »
Hello, companions of Edain,

I was playing on the Cair Andros map recently, and recalled that there was actually a camp in the middle in BFME I. I was wonderig if people would appreciate maps with a camp or a castle to be fought for, or if there is a technical reason for their absence.

In particular, I am curious how would 1v1v1 camp map work if there would be a castle spot in the middle. Though the 5K castle price might be too much to be invested without some treasure to pay for it.  :P
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Nov 2019, 18:38 von Lord Mortis »

Watcher

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #33 am: 6. Okt 2021, 08:56 »
In the Minas Tirith map, there are two large walkable mountain paths on either side of the city (connecting to the second level if I'm not mistaken); one bears a vanilla beacon, while the other is empty. I'm not sure if the space is big enough, but I'd like to see that empty spot filled with a Settlement.

For what reason? Well, nearly every fortress map has at least one Settlement of Outpost building within its walls; this provides a great benefit for most Factions, but is esspecially pertinent to Angmar, who needs Settlement buildings to level up buildings. It would also be really cool if you could naturally summon Beacon troops as Gondor.

So, in conclusion, if space allows and if the community and team see this as a good idea, it would be nice to see a Settlement within Minas Tirith's walls.
"The pool is up to the west-gate..."

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #34 am: 6. Okt 2021, 09:02 »
The upper one is and will remain empty, as support troups from a spell (like haradrim) spawn there and need that room^^

Watcher

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #35 am: 6. Okt 2021, 11:38 »
Ah, I see. Perhaps the beacon on the other side can be moved higher, then?

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #36 am: 6. Okt 2021, 17:13 »
I have to take a closer look on that area. Most likely it is way too small for the bigger settlement buildings, which would cause some weird glitches (and if I make it too big, it will probably look weird in the mountain.

Also I just asked myself, where you got that information from:

Zitat
nearly every fortress map has at least one Settlement of Outpost building within its walls

As far as I remember, most of the fortresses neither have a settlement, nor an outpost:
Aldburg
Lonely mountain
Edoras
Caras Galadhon
Cair Andros
Cirith Ungol
Dol Guldur
Isengard (both versions)
Dol Amroth
Fornost
Minas Morgul
Minas Tirith

Only Amon Sul has settlements and Helm's deep&Fornost has an outpost inside the castle.
So I would like to disagree with your statement here :P

But your point with Angmar is correct. All fortresses could get the same treatment as Horde maps, as Angmar really needs to level up its buildings. That's something we overlooked in the past.
Also we could give the campfire a similar treatment as the buildings in Isengard(cursed) - if you are Gondor, you get control over it and you can get troups that way.
« Letzte Änderung: 6. Okt 2021, 18:58 von FG15 »

Watcher

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #37 am: 7. Okt 2021, 08:01 »
I see... thank you for correcting me. I did remember some of those having settlements in them, but I suppose I was wrong...

Well, thank you for taking my idea into consideration :)