28. Mär 2024, 21:04 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief War of the Ring Ideas  (Gelesen 12859 mal)

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Brief War of the Ring Ideas
« am: 24. Aug 2015, 00:42 »
In this thread, you can post small War of the Ring suggestions. There are no fixed rules for whether a suggestion should be posted as its own thread in the suggestions forums or in this collective thread, you  may decide yourself whether you think your idea needs its own thread. As a general guideline, though, an idea that can be presented in just a couple of sentences may not need its own thread and could be discussed here, preventing the forum from getting too cluttered. On the other hand, if you want to discuss an aspect of the game in great depth, a new thread might be more appropriate.
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
Re: Brief War of the Ring Ideas
« Antwort #1 am: 25. Aug 2015, 17:42 »
Few things:

First - Heroes! Make them all recruitable on WOTR map.
Second - Heroes! Same thing, but with CaH. :P
Third - Dwarves! There's only Erebor, which is available in WOTR. It should be changed somehow.
Fourth - Two battalions which are given at the beginning of each skimrish you play in real-time mode. They should be disabled.
Fith - More slots for players in WOTR? I know, it's propably not possible, but that would be great to put into one game all factions (Gondor, Rohan, Arnor, Imladris, Lothlorien/Mirkwood, Ered Luin, Erebor, Iron Hills, all Misty mountains factions, Mordor, Isengard and Angmar on one map!) try to imagine this!  xD

And last, it's like dwarves issue - Arnor! It should be available. Maybe it can depend on starting position? If you start  on Arnor teritory, you play as it, same with Gondor and Dwarves factions.

PS. if Dwarves can't be done, just add heroes and units from Ered Luin and Iron Hills to WOTR mode. (not all heroes of course, only the ones whos alive during War of the Ring time.

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: 25. Aug 2015, 18:30 »
Zitat
Third - Dwarves! There's only Erebor, which is available in WOTR. It should be changed somehow.
It is the war of the ring, so Erebor is the choosen faction. Additionally we have to focus on one kingdom, there is no possibility to change that.

Zitat
Fourth - Two battalions which are given at the beginning of each skimrish you play in real-time mode. They should be disabled.
They are needed, otherwise the wotr wont work.

Zitat
Fith - More slots for players in WOTR? I know, it's propably not possible, but that would be great to put into one game all factions (Gondor, Rohan, Arnor, Imladris, Lothlorien/Mirkwood, Ered Luin, Erebor, Iron Hills, all Misty mountains factions, Mordor, Isengard and Angmar on one map!) try to imagine this!  xD
Not possible.

Zitat
And last, it's like dwarves issue - Arnor! It should be available. Maybe it can depend on starting position? If you start  on Arnor teritory, you play as it, same with Gondor and Dwarves factions.
Not possible, already tried.

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #3 am: 5. Sep 2015, 21:41 »
Dwarves are still OP.

I have played 3 vs. 3 where in my team was two Easyes (Dwarves + Rohan) and in enemy team was 3 Brutals (2 x Mordor + Isengard). I claimed all in books Gondor Teritory (Anfalas, Dol Amroth, Minas Tirith, Osgiliath, Cair Andros, Ithilien) + Umbar and Harad, and from this point, i was only protecting my borders and building army.

But... +/- 20 to 30 rounds and all 3 Brutals was defeated by two Easyes! Mostly by dwarves and their armies!

Do something with that. ;)

Thumba-umba

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #4 am: 11. Sep 2015, 14:41 »
Actually it is a bug report, but i could not find a bug thread specifically related to WotR.
- Mordor Army Commander Heroes are getting instant killed in auto-resolve.
- Isengard AI acts extremely stoopid, barely builds anything on their territories at all. Also tends to brainlessly charge on territory full of troops with a single hero.
- AI does not build fortresses, so he can not revive fallen army commanders. It happens because fortress costs 3000 and AI is eager to build cheaper barracks/armory first. But in late game they do not demolish their buildings to free some space for fortress, even if they have enough money. In vanilla game they would destroy some farm or barracks to free a build plot and build a fortress there.
- Dwarfs are super owerpowered, to the point where it simply not interesting to play as them. Example - for the laughable 200 they can get their basic infantry unit which can decapitate full three uruk infantry units. This is just insane.
- Farms cost 300. While it was made intentionally by the developers for some balancing reasons, it can potentionally lead to "soft defeat", when you have no money to build a farm and no farms to produce income.
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Sep 2015, 14:52 von Thumba-umba »

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #5 am: 7. Apr 2016, 08:34 »
IS it possible to have more than two teams? Or is that sadly out of reach.
All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana, a favorite person of mine

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #6 am: 7. Apr 2016, 08:41 »
Afaik it is not possible.

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #7 am: 7. Apr 2016, 13:18 »
After all the fractions have been released will this mode get some more attention? Thanks.
All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

Trained_Thingol

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #8 am: 13. Sep 2016, 13:23 »
I would suggest adding more game modes. For example, fall of arnor, where you play as arnor, or quest for the lonely mountain, where you have the mirkwood elves specifically,
also maybe have a mode creation panel. For example I want the battle to be just these territories, with only these factions, etc etc... let me create my own scenarios
"Life is so beautiful" - V

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #9 am: 13. Sep 2016, 13:29 »
I would suggest adding more game modes. For example, fall of arnor, where you play as arnor, or quest for the lonely mountain, where you have the mirkwood elves specifically,
also maybe have a mode creation panel. For example I want the battle to be just these territories, with only these factions, etc etc... let me create my own scenarios
Everything bar your first idea is impossible. I think an Arnor campaign may be possible if all the maps used in the map were Arnor maps. I think...

Kubijas

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #10 am: 15. Sep 2016, 22:49 »
Hi i had an idea if is it possible to make it like this :

1. Pick up your Main position ( for example : Minas tirith )
2.take other positions ( for example : i have Minas tirith now i want to have osgiliath , ithilien etc. under my control )

just like in : the fate of men , Battle for rohan.

It would be cool to have it and choose what to control and have :D

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #11 am: 22. Sep 2016, 05:42 »

2.take other positions ( for example : i have Minas tirith now i want to have osgiliath , ithilien etc. under my control )

I think it would be better if this proposal were moved to the brief suggestions thread. I will thus merge it with that topic.

--- MERGED ---

Trained_Thingol

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #12 am: 22. Sep 2016, 17:58 »

That's a great idea. Full blown LOTR Risk :P
"Life is so beautiful" - V