28. Mär 2024, 16:50 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Gondor Ideas  (Gelesen 82379 mal)

Thumba-umba

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: Brief Gondor Ideas
« Antwort #15 am: 14. Sep 2015, 23:24 »
The balance wasn't really the reason.
But there are multiple other reasons:

1.) We don't like it when a hero looses parts of his set by normally leveling up.
When it's just a small ability which is replaced by a stronger one, even though it's different, it's okay. But when your hero looses his ability for something important like ranged attack, it feels kinda weird. He levels up and therefore gets weaker? After leveling up he has forgot how to use a bow?
Seems a bit weird.

2.) Aragorn doesn't have animations for a ranged attack.
We like his current animations as it's iconic and unique in Gondor. We would have ro replace all of his animations (even in melee fighting) with Faramir's animations. That's also something we don't want, because we think that those animations wouldn't fit to Aragorn.

3.) We want to focus heroes around their core identity.
Of course you can argue what is important for the core identity, but we don't really like to add abilities because they were shown one time in a movie without having any big impact.
If we gave Aragorn a ranged attack, we should also give nearly every hero in Gondor, Lorien, Imladris and the Dwarven faction a mount. Every hero was shown at least once riding. Additionally at least Thorin should also get a ranged attack.
And so on... you see where this is leading? Dozens of abilities without fitting animations and without really helping you much in the game. And we would have to delete abilities for nearly every unit, as we need the slots for those abilities.

Therefore:
No, we won't add a ranged attack for Gondor.^^

You also forgot to mention that aragorn did not have the bow in the book, and even in the movies he only uses it once in the Moria.

Thumba-umba

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #16 am: 14. Sep 2015, 23:29 »
Maybe dumb, but did you think of giving the Gondor similar ability Rohan has - give them three Captains of Gondor? Notably i mean the Hurin The Keeper of The Keys, Forlong of Lossarnach and Hirluin of the Green Hills. They do not appear in the movie, but they were mentioned in the original lore, ant if i am correct, they played not the least role in battles of Pelargir and Pelennor.

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #17 am: 30. Sep 2015, 21:45 »
Hello everyone,

I have a small suggestion about Aragon's mount, or to be precise I suggest new model for Aragorn's horse. I found current model in game little "poor" for High king of men.
So I am suggesting new model with more royal look, model  that looks like http://postimg.org/image/4n9476x7n/ from front and
http://postimg.org/image/kk7w3wplv/ from side?

What do you think about this? :)

Fine

• RPG Team
  • Wächter der Veste
  • Ich hab da ein ganz mieses Gefühl bei der Sache...
« Antwort #18 am: 30. Sep 2015, 21:46 »
If the team finds time to change this, I think it would be nice.
But I'm sure there are many things to do that are more important.
RPG:

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #19 am: 30. Sep 2015, 21:56 »
I am glad you like suggestion.  :)
Of course I am aware of "free" time. ;) I am not speaking here about imperative instant implementation in game, just suggesting some change, which I hope that will be minor improvement of game, and date of that "implementation" is irrelevant to me to be honest if team decide to implement this change. Of course, if team finds this suggestion useful. :)
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Sep 2015, 22:48 von CragLord »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #20 am: 30. Sep 2015, 22:33 »
I really agree!The current Horse is just not fitting the high HD Model of Aragorn whihc is ismply awesome and better Armored and more Gondor Like Style MOunt will be much much better!!I think it wil lbe a good and apropriate change!
I just hope that the Team will like the idea and do it when they consider that they have time for it! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #21 am: 1. Okt 2015, 07:08 »
i like crag lord s suggestion its awesome but what if the team do the same for gandalf
how awesome it will be

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #22 am: 1. Okt 2015, 11:05 »
Thanks Dain.
That is exactly my point. Aragorn have one of the best models in game, and his mount looks really poor in comparison. :)

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #23 am: 1. Okt 2015, 11:31 »
I will see if i have some time for this suggestion. ;)

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #24 am: 1. Okt 2015, 11:33 »
what if the team do the same for gandalf
how awesome it will be
Personally I think that Shadowfax model is quite sufficient. ;)

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #25 am: 5. Okt 2015, 14:19 »
I have isolated some sound effects which I have found nice for Glorfindel's Collect Starlight ability.
Here they are: https://soundcloud.com/ragord/sets/collect_starlight_soundeffects
Deploy stays with same sound effect, this is suggestion only for collect starlight.  ;)
Personally I find second track better.

What do you think? :)

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #26 am: 5. Okt 2015, 15:19 »

Nice sounds. Yes, it would improve Glorfindel's skill. ;)
By the way, would you be up for find something for Galadriel's primary attack?
Without spoilers it's quite nice AoE attack, similar to movie strike, and logically that she is the white lady so the attack has white animation as well.
It should be something pleasant, no offensive and not too loud and mainly - when you are playing for her quite a long time, it should not become annoying for ears and brain as well. xD
I hope that I've described it as best I could.

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #27 am: 5. Okt 2015, 15:33 »
I will try, but can't promise anything. I was listening some music and noticed some mix, and then Glorfindel starlight ability come to my mind, so this wasn't intended... :P
In general, you could mix that sound if you have interpretation of which sounds it be made. I would also searched in WotR, there was nice sound of spells in general.

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #28 am: 5. Okt 2015, 17:24 »
It's a bit too quiet. Can you record the sound a little bit louder?

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #29 am: 5. Okt 2015, 17:52 »
Sure, I have uploaded it to megauploadfiles, it was faster.
http://www.megafileupload.com/m2m0/Collecting_StarLight_sound.rar
P.S. Sometimes it require to click free user more then once in order to start download.  :P

« Letzte Änderung: 5. Okt 2015, 18:36 von CragLord »