22. Okt 2017, 03:01 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge

Select Boards:

Language:

News:

Autor Thema: Brief Gondor Ideas  (Gelesen 13078 mal)

Online Julio229

• Elbischer Pilger
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
Re: Brief Gondor Ideas
« Antwort #150 am: 26. Jan 2017, 00:25 »
I've been playing with Gondor, and while using the Grey Company, I thought: how about giving them a toggle between Sword and Bow? They are said to be some of the best human fighters in all of Middle-Earth if I remember correctly, so giving them this would help both reflecting this and making them different from regular Imladris Dunedain Rangers.

I'd love to know the community's thoughts on this! It's been a while since I suggested anything, so I hope not to have made a bad one  :P

Offline Dain@

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #151 am: 26. Jan 2017, 12:05 »
Hi people !
 I propose to add a new ability to spell book "Valor previous years" or "Blood of Númenor." This ability will work Passive and give the following bonuses: Health Gondor soldiers + 25% and + 10% damage and armor. The reason I suggest potobnoe following:
First, at the average infantry of Gondor. It is all good, but at the end of the game Gondor has those soldiers who would help defeat the enemy, the special booking over much! (Dwarves, Trolls, and the elite of Mordor, Imladris, etc.)
Second: In the first epoch of the people of the West were much stronger and braver soldiers end of the third period. Gandalf himself said: "Valor west of people forgotten, earlier in the Kings tombs were more luxurious than the current governors of strongholds"
Third: Gondor takes a number! Quality - good, but not enough !. Who can say that Gondor easier to play! it does not require special mechanics for more powerful forces and that Gondor powerful simplicity and clarity of the gameplay the game! Yes I agree with you, but like the end of the game to get a certain quality Impuls and then Gondor will return to its former glory !!!
Also, this capability could open some political Passive ability for the citadel guards or something like that, for what would add zest to the game.

What do you think?
« Letzte Änderung: 26. Jan 2017, 12:09 von Dain@ »

Offline Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #152 am: 20. Feb 2017, 18:18 »
I have an idea for replacment of Gondor camp towers as defensives instead of Lone Towers like showed here http://www.moddb.com/mods/edain-mod/images/defense-buildplots4#imagebox

Lone Tower becouse of that loose his uniqueness in spellbook faction Gondor and Arnor also i want to mention  colors of this tower are quite bad compared to other buildings.

Gondor could've get his old tower from wall upgrade (which i hope ET finds intresting as replacement why making new one if this is not broken and not used currently :) (?) 

Arnor could've get Smaller version of Amon Sul Tower like showed on pics

What do u think guys about this replacment for Gondor and Arnor defensive towers on camps
and give Lone Tower bigger meaning
« Letzte Änderung: 20. Feb 2017, 18:24 von Slawek56703 »

Offline Gandalf7000

• Elbischer Pilger
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
    • Edain Wikia
« Antwort #153 am: 20. Feb 2017, 19:08 »
I have an idea for replacment of Gondor camp towers as defensives instead of Lone Towers like showed here http://www.moddb.com/mods/edain-mod/images/defense-buildplots4#imagebox

Lone Tower becouse of that loose his uniqueness in spellbook faction Gondor and Arnor also i want to mention  colors of this tower are quite bad compared to other buildings.

Gondor could've get his old tower from wall upgrade (which i hope ET finds intresting as replacement why making new one if this is not broken and not used currently :) (?) 

Arnor could've get Smaller version of Amon Sul Tower like showed on pics

What do u think guys about this replacment for Gondor and Arnor defensive towers on camps
and give Lone Tower bigger meaning
+1

Offline Tirano

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #154 am: 25. Feb 2017, 03:07 »
Hello!
I really like Denethor's rework but i also miss how cool it was to see him inside the citadel :C
I think it would be really much better if you add the option to put him inside the citadel and have some Improved abilitys like Saruman.

regards 

Offline Walküre

• Edain Community Moderator
  • Dúnadan des Nordens
  • Queen of Valinórë and Arda.
    • DieWalküre's profile on ModDB
« Antwort #155 am: 25. Feb 2017, 18:24 »
Denethor implemented via such mechanics was surely lore-accurate and a very smart of a system, but sometimes one has to accept compromises, in order to have everything work in the most decent way. In this case, that past type of implementation caused quite disturbing bugs. Furthermore, to answer your suggestion, I don't know if that eventuality would be feasible; nevertheless, in my opinion, we might then risk to have a replica of Saruman's feature in the game, which is something that ought to be avoided. I therefore believe, due to the great references to the films, that Saruman's ability had better remain his own exclusive possibility.

Denethor's current design is very unique anyway, although it is so under a different perspective; especially, I find his characterisation as a noble lord (who may summon his personal guards) and his stance-system marvellous additions to his concept. Henceforth, we had to renounce the previous citadel-feature logic, but we have, on the other hand, another well fitting concept at disposal. In a sense, it's similar to what we've been proposing in regards of Old Bilbo and Erestor for quite a time: as a solution for issues and unpleasant implications, Erestor could be made a permanent hero and Old Bilbo could be permanently introduced in Rivendell too, each of the two retaining their proper supporting nature.