28. Mär 2024, 14:56 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Gondor Ideas  (Gelesen 82375 mal)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Brief Gondor Ideas
« Antwort #165 am: 9. Jun 2018, 18:41 »
As this would certainly improve on the quality of the spellbook, I'd also like to see other spells like Barrage get that same treatment.

Barrage has already got its own film-based art. A trebuchet from ROTK ;)

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
« Antwort #166 am: 9. Jun 2018, 18:44 »
I agree with Julio. Your pictures are a lot clearer and better quality than the old ones, and so stand out quite a lot more. I support these changes.

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #167 am: 13. Jun 2018, 00:27 »
Hello and fond greetings! Some time ago I've crafted a few new icon pictures and proposed them internally. It was mostly related to Gondor, but I have even taken Mordor into account. There's more in store, actually, but that refers to internal content and must therefore remain secret still, for now. Anyway, I'm really curious to know what the public response will be. Feel free to join the discussion and give your meaningful contribution.

The below-shown art is to replace for the most part the old cartoon-like images with pictures taken from the films.

I agree with the other fellows ,your pictures are better in every aspects Walküre :)
My only concern is about Rohan arrives: what about a picture in which you can better see in details the army? I'm afraid, even if i got the atmosphere behind it (the line of riders aligned with the horizon looks really awesome),it could be not so clear in game especially with a smaller size. What do you think? it's all about a technical matter ,the picture looks good  ;)

« Letzte Änderung: 13. Jun 2018, 00:30 von AulëTheSmith »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #168 am: 14. Jun 2018, 18:25 »
My only concern is about Rohan arrives: what about a picture in which you can better see in details the army? I'm afraid, even if i got the atmosphere behind it (the line of riders aligned with the horizon looks really awesome),it could be not so clear in game especially with a smaller size. What do you think? it's all about a technical matter ,the picture looks good ;)

I'm really glad you liked the proposed art, Aulë, and knowing that others have appreciated the effort is likewise delightful :)

Thank you for the precious feedback, also. Rohan Answers was a little bit of a tricky icon to come up with, for the exact same reason you've mentioned in your post. I wondered whether a full display of horsemen (the entire army) would result in a fitter rendition, or even some excerpts from the widely renowned scene of the king rallying his troops and delivering his magnificent speech. Including the actual concept that I have ultimately opted for, those were the only three solutions at hand.

Well, eventually, the current icon did turn out to be the best of the three.
Pictures of the whole host just showed the mass of knights riding towards their enemies, leaving out other evocative elements like the weather or the terrain (a poorer kind of scenery, compared to the others); thus, a quite rowdy and chaotic ensemble, whereas I needed something more iconic. Using the scene involving Théoden would have been too situational for the purpose and too much centred on the character himself (who is already the leader of another faction and the focus of Rohan's central spell); choosing too situational scenes might go against the idea of a truly iconic/timeless art, because the latter is the final goal. I can give you some examples of that: Arrow Volley will have another icon as well, which I decided to craft due to the previous cartoon-like design, and I had initially chosen a picture displaying Galadhrim firing their darts from the pinnacles of Helm's Deep. Now, where was the issue in such a concept, that was undoubtedly a fine concept (the suspense, the rain, the great angle from which you could gaze at all archers and their orderly formation)? The issue was exactly Helm's Deep; the footage was way too much absorbed into the context. Or, take Eagles into consideration: I strived to find a proper rendition with a precise reason; if I had included fell beasts, and that was nonetheless an extraordinary scene, the icon would have been situational, too. In our ancestral language, we could say that things were too much in medias res xD

The current image, however, wonderfully portrays riders being about to get to the battlefield. The army has not arrived in its entirety yet, with this symbolising the final answer of Rohan and the fact that they came at the latest hour of strife, after a quite troublesome journey and not without some doubts from the very king's side. Therefore, hope comes, at last, in the guise of far silhouettes appearing on the horizon. Moreover, and this is the pivotal aspect of the picture, you really get an overview of the weather; the clouds of ashes sent by Sauron to darken the skies are swiftly blown away by light and benevolent winds. Light versus darkness. I couldn't have asked for a better footage.
I hope I've made all a bit clearer. I'm sure they'll do greatly in the game :)

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #169 am: 25. Jun 2018, 22:21 »
I'm a huge fan of these new images. They are awesome Walkure. The only thing is - if we change them, then we change them all. I still can see old Barrage image (on moddb preview of Gondor's spellbook) and the old Lone Tower image, and it would be good to see new Grey Company image.  I have one lone tower image and an alternative for the Rohan Answers (still have to figure about the Barrage and the Grey company):

SP19XX

• Edain Betatesting
  • Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #170 am: 25. Jun 2018, 22:39 »
I'm a huge fan of these new images. They are awesome Walkure. The only thing is - if we change them, then we change them all. I still can see old Barrage image (on moddb preview of Gondor's spellbook) and the old Lone Tower image, and it would be good to see new Grey Company image.  I have one lone tower image and an alternative for the Rohan Answers (still have to figure about the Barrage and the Grey company):

Well the problem with the Grey Company is that not many images depict it in a true way (as it was absent from the films). Perhaps due to the spell's connection to Aragorn, perhaps the banner representing the rebirth of the United Kingdoms of Gondor & Arnor under King Elessar would be the best solution, as the banner of Arwen Undomniel is present on Halbarad mechanically.

Perhaps if this can be turned into a spell image.

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #171 am: 25. Jun 2018, 22:45 »
Yea, the banner is the only thing that could work this time. Also something about the Barrage (well not really from the RotK but still the rocks from the same universe):

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #172 am: 26. Jun 2018, 13:59 »
Thank you for the kind response, Gandalf. I had initially opted to leave Lone Tower and the Grey Company out for the simple fact that I couldn't think about a really suitable solution. In the words of previous comments, it's a pretty difficult task to find some good pictures of the company, being a non-cinematographic concept; hence, I would say that the current image does just fine for the purpose. As for what pertains to our famous solitary tower, if you're willing to change, I'm then more than open to suggestions.

Speaking about Rohan's reinforcements, I still deem my pick a relatively better choice. It's generally more evocative and effective, colour-wise. Furthermore, it exactly conveys that particular feeling I referred to above: suspense and tension, abruptly broken by the sudden arrival of Rohan (although just the soldiers' silhouettes are visible on the horizon).

P.S. As I wrote above, Barrage did get a new picture (a trebuchet from the films). The showcased picture on ModDB is old and thus not updated ;)

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #173 am: 26. Jun 2018, 20:59 »
Oh, ok I see your point about the Rohan Reinforcements. As for the Grey Company we really don't have any movie adaptions of this (shame), so we could leave this as it is. Good to hear that barrage gets new pic. As for the Lone Tower - this picture of mine was taken exactly from the movie (it's when the Witch-KIng appears on his Fellbeast in front of frodo at Osgiliath and the tower is in the background). In my opinion it looks better and the pic itself is kinda "fresher".

Bogdan Hmel

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #174 am: 27. Aug 2018, 23:58 »
I have a suggestion about the last passive skill of Aragorn-King (at level 10).
Team Edain has long said that she is unhappy with his current skill. I propose to add to him a very powerful leadership that does not stack up with the leadership of other heroes.
For example, + 50% attack and + 30% defense for troops and + 15% defense and attack for heroes.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #175 am: 26. Feb 2019, 12:11 »
With the removal and overhaul of a lot of spells, I think it's time to look back on some and polish them off such as in the case of the the Lone Tower. This power is one of my all time favorite for its uses in locking down parts of the map against the AI. But, I've always found the model rather boring, the color scheme does not match up with the rest of Gondor and it has no flair, just a cylinder with a rounded top. Which is a shame cause Gondor has some sick architecture. I looked through footage of Gondor and came down to two towers that I think could work as replacements:

Tower 1:

Tower 2:

Two different styles. (Obligatory "For Gondor")
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #176 am: 26. Feb 2019, 13:10 »
Both models are great and mainly different from cartoonish and not unique spellbook's tower. It can be really whatever what is already in the game.
The same case for me is model of Lonely tower in Dwarven spellbook. I am sure that we'll find more unique model as well. For instance from some fortress map. ;)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #177 am: 26. Feb 2019, 17:13 »
I wholeheartedly second the suggestion, which adds some more flavour and architectural distinction. I might be wrong, but aren't similar structures already in the game? Namely, that ruined sentry tower could be manned and garrisoned by archers in BFME; I recall a couple of missions requiring the player to take control of them.

Though partially destroyed and consumed by time, the building does retain a quite decadent charm, if you ask me :P

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #178 am: 26. Feb 2019, 17:22 »

Great idea, Necro! I definitely would support a replacement of the current model, one of these suggestions would make it better :P

Seleukos I.

• Edain Balancetester
  • Galadhrim
« Antwort #179 am: 26. Feb 2019, 17:36 »
I'm also in favor of this suggestion. The new model of a partly destroyed tower also would make it more fitting that the lone tower has less hp compared to the one you can build on an outpost/in your base. I like this :)