28. Mär 2024, 22:39 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Gondor Ideas  (Gelesen 82403 mal)

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
Re: Brief Gondor Ideas
« Antwort #60 am: 20. Jan 2016, 20:25 »
Both are engine restrictions, which sadly can't be fixed.
Also, if you build an outpost and there remain some parts of a creep structure, not all build plots will be spawned properly.

YeshuaEnthusiast

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #61 am: 20. Jan 2016, 20:27 »
ok, thanks

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #62 am: 16. Feb 2016, 17:10 »
Suggestions for design changes are usually not needed because the team already realized their vision of pretty much every unit in the game.  Anyway, just writing "I want this changed" won't get you anywhere, you need to be more detailed.

Zitat von: Lord of Mordor, Suggestion Guidelines
  • Describe your idea as accurately as you can. A well-structured and detailed concept is the best possible starting point for constructive discussion.
  • Explain why you believe your idea would improve the mod. Not everyone will grasp the intent behind your idea right away, so detailing your thought process and reasoning will help you to convince others.

Faramir The Gentle

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #63 am: 21. Feb 2016, 13:59 »
I suggest edain team relook on gondor rangers. I feel pity when i compare them with other model of mod.
 What about changing Faramir 's wounding arrow FX. Faramir was not an elf so blue trailing FX does not seem appropriate to me. You may add some colour just like you did with gandalf fire dragon

Elladan88

• Hobbit
« Antwort #64 am: 25. Feb 2016, 18:29 »
Hello!
For icon and portrait of Dol Amroth Knights can be reused those of 3.8.1?
i think those are better and better designed.
Or there are some reasons for the change?
Thanks a lot.

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #65 am: 27. Feb 2016, 23:29 »
Hello people! :)

One small suggestion for Guardians of the White city, is possible to add some banner carrier for this elite unit? I noticed that palantir guardians has unique banner/banner carrier, so is possible to add some kind of banners for other elite units? I think that would be nice touch in general. Just don't know is that making unit in balance terms op etc.
According to current situation in game I think that guardians of the white city could have banner carrier and banner could be same as Boromir carried in movie (banner of Stewards of Gondor). I just made simple correlation between them and Boromir as their summoner.
I don't know is this lore wise 100% so what do you guys think about this? :)

Greetings,
CragLord

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #66 am: 28. Feb 2016, 08:46 »
I am all for Elite Units to ahve Different  Banner in all Factions like whole!

But I kidna do no like this Boromir Banner esepcialyl the Colorful part on the Left,but like whole it looks really nice,perhaps with few Edain touhes it can be made into a awesome Banner! :)

Greetings from Lord Dain! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #67 am: 28. Feb 2016, 11:46 »

Yes, I am also for something like that, that all elite could have unique banners, that would be really nice touch. :)
Banner I proposed already exist in game Dain (Denethor can upgrade it on units, I think), and to be honest I really don't recognize that colored part in gameplay, although I didn't like it on first sight also. xD 

Regards,
CragLord

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #68 am: 28. Feb 2016, 17:02 »
That banner is already used for the captains appointed by Denethor :) I think it fits very well. Heroic units in general don't use banner carriers most of the time, because they can respawn fallen members from rank one anyway.
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #69 am: 28. Feb 2016, 18:03 »
Speaking of which! :D
Why did you guys put a range on Denethor appointment ? Well, I kinda get why, but to be fair it is hardly handy because most troops leave the camp as soon as they are recruited. By the time they are given the banner carrier, they are often far from the main base. I'm hoping you could make this ability global.  :)

"That still only counts as one!"

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #70 am: 28. Feb 2016, 21:34 »
It would be pretty awesome, indeed. Having to constantly do the captain thing is annoying to be honest.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

ringbearer

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #71 am: 28. Feb 2016, 22:21 »
Since we are in this topic. It would be really helpful if once i cast this banner thing, passive ability would pop out in units last palantir slot( they have one free slot i think) :)

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #72 am: 29. Feb 2016, 12:50 »

Thanks for answer LoM. :)
I don't have any complain about current usage of banner of Stewards of Gondor, it is well thought and it fits nicely in my opinion (except that casting range maybe xD). I just think that it would be very nice touch (in cosmetic and lore term) that every heroic unit should have it own special flag. I was guided with example of palantir guards. That heroic unit has it own special flag which I found as very nice detail in heraldic,lore&aesthetic term. I have suggested that Boromir's flag as the most fitting one (in my opinion) for Guardians of the White city, because of correlation between this unit and Boromir. I don't suggest any kind of removing current usage of Denethor's ability or current usage of Steward's banner in same time, I was just for adding some new special aesthetic banners for heroic units. :) If not this banner then maybe some other...
Now concerning correlation between banner carrier and respawn of fallen members, I didn't think in that way, as I have tried to explain (again palantir guards have same ability of respawn (?) and they have banner carrier, so my suggestion is mainly in aesthetic term).  If that is reason why this suggestion is maybe too much, then I am a bit surprised. xD  I thought that carrier as 6th member in battalion will induce stronger unit in general and maybe small balance disturbing etc. xD Pitty, there is a lot of material in term of heraldic and flags for these kind of suggestions, for example Glorfindel's wind riders could have banner carrier with Glorfindel's house seal etc... (I had some visions :) )
I am totally aware about current priorities of team (I don't know how much time is needed to make some similar change in game for these units), but I was curious to know that do you guys think about this idea. :)

Since we are in this topic. It would be really helpful if once i cast this banner thing, passive ability would pop out in units last palantir slot( they have one free slot i think) :)

I like that mini proposal, it would be nice touch. :)

Greetings,
CragLord

Saeros

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #73 am: 29. Feb 2016, 19:19 »
I have a thing about the gondor rangers..
They were supposed to be great fighters and archers, so I would like to see them with an alternate weapon, a greatsword, just as Faramir who can toggle between sword and bow.
If this is too much to ask, what about replacing their knife attack, with a greatsword attack (no actual toggle, but their attacks just change animation and if possible have a small increase in damage)?

YeshuaEnthusiast

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #74 am: 20. Mär 2016, 15:27 »
Hey Edain Team,

At one point I had checked to see if there was a way to make it so multiple people could have Denethor when playing Gondor as a team, you guys had mentioned that it was an engine issue... Would those same restrictions apply if you were to make Denethor a movable hero like Gandalf or Theoden?

Thanks and Blessings,

YeshuaEnthusiast