28. Mär 2024, 22:26 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Gondor Ideas  (Gelesen 82401 mal)

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Brief Gondor Ideas
« am: 24. Aug 2015, 00:43 »
In this thread, you can post small Gondor suggestions. There are no fixed rules for whether a suggestion should be posted as its own thread in the suggestions forums or in this collective thread, you  may decide yourself whether you think your idea needs its own thread. As a general guideline, though, an idea that can be presented in just a couple of sentences may not need its own thread and could be discussed here, preventing the forum from getting too cluttered. On the other hand, if you want to discuss an aspect of the game in great depth or propose something like an entirely new hero with a full new set of abilities, a new thread might be more appropriate.
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
Re: Brief Gondor Ideas
« Antwort #1 am: 26. Aug 2015, 02:11 »
I think that it will be nice if Arnor Soldiers have their Capes like in the Prologue of The Fellowship !!It will make them look more Noble sonce they are Numenorians,the Noblest of Race of man! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #2 am: 26. Aug 2015, 02:13 »
Some differences between the soldiers of Arnor in the mod and those seen in the movie are intended, to symbolize that Arnor has develloped since that time. Just to throw in that piece of information.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #3 am: 26. Aug 2015, 02:35 »
Oh I see then! :-) Thank you for the answer FG15 and for the spared time! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

bookworm1138

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Lasto beth nîn, tolo dan nan galad"
« Antwort #4 am: 26. Aug 2015, 08:00 »
i think it would be a good idea to give the soldiers from the Southern Fiefdoms unique voices. like i'm not sure for the Spearmen or Lossarnach Axemen, but the Ringlo Vale Swordsmen and the Morthond Archers could have the voices of the Gondor Swordsman and Rohan Archer from War of the Ring (the Rohan Archer in that game used most of the same sound-sets for their version of Faramir, even saying "For Gondor!" when he attacks)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #5 am: 26. Aug 2015, 12:18 »
Except the Morthand Vale archers, all fiefdom troops already have unique voices. And the Morthond Vale archers will get one in the next patch.

Also, if you want to suggest a soundset, cut it and present it here (or send it directly to us). Suggesting a soundset without an actual soundset is a bit pointless.  ;)

bookworm1138

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Lasto beth nîn, tolo dan nan galad"
« Antwort #6 am: 26. Aug 2015, 17:21 »
currently the Ringlo Vale swordsmen and Lossarnach Axemen sound like the regular Gondor Soldiers, and the spear-men sound like the Rohan peasants.

as far as a sound-set, i don't know how to extract files for this kind of thing, and i'm not comfortable with trying, since the last time i tried to do anything like this, my War of the Ring install became corrupted and i couldn't uninstall it, repair it or even play it: and it's already acting rather funky on my Windows 8 as it is
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #7 am: 27. Aug 2015, 04:07 »
i think about gandalf of gondor i dont think he should have the same skills as gandalf the white so if the lvl 7 and lvl 10 skill were replaced with something else until he become gandalf the white because its kinda strange for gandalf the gray preforming istari light and the word of power

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: 27. Aug 2015, 11:15 »
Zitat
i think about gandalf of gondor i dont think he should have the same skills as gandalf the white
Why?
In the german section we have multiple times stated out, that we wont change anything up to gandalfs abilities.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #9 am: 27. Aug 2015, 13:14 »
do not change his skills im not saying that but when he is gray he should have another lvl 7 and lvl 10 skill

Caronis

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #10 am: 10. Sep 2015, 23:45 »
Is it possible to give Strider a Bow ?  (**)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #11 am: 11. Sep 2015, 06:45 »
I think that Team said no,because Gondor already has too many Ranged Heroes like Faramir ,Beregong and adding a third one I is not necessary nor balance wise ! :-)

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #12 am: 11. Sep 2015, 11:03 »
The balance wasn't really the reason.
But there are multiple other reasons:

1.) We don't like it when a hero looses parts of his set by normally leveling up.
When it's just a small ability which is replaced by a stronger one, even though it's different, it's okay. But when your hero looses his ability for something important like ranged attack, it feels kinda weird. He levels up and therefore gets weaker? After leveling up he has forgot how to use a bow?
Seems a bit weird.

2.) Aragorn doesn't have animations for a ranged attack.
We like his current animations as it's iconic and unique in Gondor. We would have ro replace all of his animations (even in melee fighting) with Faramir's animations. That's also something we don't want, because we think that those animations wouldn't fit to Aragorn.

3.) We want to focus heroes around their core identity.
Of course you can argue what is important for the core identity, but we don't really like to add abilities because they were shown one time in a movie without having any big impact.
If we gave Aragorn a ranged attack, we should also give nearly every hero in Gondor, Lorien, Imladris and the Dwarven faction a mount. Every hero was shown at least once riding. Additionally at least Thorin should also get a ranged attack.
And so on... you see where this is leading? Dozens of abilities without fitting animations and without really helping you much in the game. And we would have to delete abilities for nearly every unit, as we need the slots for those abilities.

Therefore:
No, we won't add a ranged attack for Gondor.^^

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #13 am: 11. Sep 2015, 12:32 »
I think Gnomi is righr,if I am not mistaken there were similar idea about Thorin but it really isn't necessary nor lore wise! :-)

Caronis

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #14 am: 11. Sep 2015, 18:51 »
It's true that gondor have many ranged heroes, and one of more could change to many of the gameplay.

But you said "but we don't really like to add abilities because they were shown one time in a movie without having any big impact."

The Aragorn's Throwing Knife is shown twice (TROK against mollok and against Lurtz, for a second) and he didn't had a big impact. ^^