17. Apr 2024, 00:30 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Gondor Ideas  (Gelesen 82940 mal)

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
Re: Brief Gondor Ideas
« Antwort #45 am: 8. Jan 2016, 01:19 »
I think that the Tower Guards will probably be indeed reworked.

Check out this presentation by our skilled magickoala in the Showcase section.
You might surely like it  ;)

http://en.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,32320.msg422519.html#msg422519

Yes this model is beautiful but for the other unit, it is a good idea ? or that is a danger for the balance of the game ?

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #46 am: 8. Jan 2016, 01:28 »
It's not really a matter of balance itself.
It's about how the engine of the game can bear graphical changes of this kind without sacrificing the stability of the game itself and being overburdened.

But, I think that there already are certain boundaries that the Edain Team conventionally follows to find a reasonable equilibrium between graphics and playability  :)

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #47 am: 10. Jan 2016, 19:31 »
Yes, I understand.

It's not really a matter of balance itself.
It's about how the engine of the game can bear graphical changes of this kind without sacrificing the stability of the game itself and being overburdened.

But, I think that there already are certain boundaries that the Edain Team conventionally follows to find a reasonable equilibrium between graphics and playability  :)

But we can add this units in a new submod ?
« Letzte Änderung: 10. Jan 2016, 20:13 von DieWalküre »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #48 am: 10. Jan 2016, 20:19 »
You can virtually add anything you want in a Submod of yours, if you have the requested knowledge and skills, fundamental to start a project of this kind, and the allowance of the Edain Team if you want to use their material.

Keep in mind, though, that this is an Edain thread in an Edain board, and thus one shouldn't really discuss about possible other Submods, because it clearly has little to do with the topic and the Edain Team can't give official support to it.

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #49 am: 12. Jan 2016, 08:12 »
thank you

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #50 am: 17. Jan 2016, 15:02 »

RiderOfRohan

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • I'm the helpful modding guy
« Antwort #51 am: 17. Jan 2016, 17:13 »
Look this tower garde, he is beautiful !
http://www.moddb.com/mods/battle-for-middle-earth-2-hd-edition/images/some-more-renders#imagebox

Hehe, I didn't think HD Edition Patch renders would make it into the Edain forums, at least not this early in production :P.
My current BFME projects | Age of the Ring | BFME 2 HD Edition | ROTWK HD Edition

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #52 am: 17. Jan 2016, 17:22 »
Hehe, I didn't think HD Edition Patch renders would make it into the Edain forums, at least not this early in production :P.

The eyes of the Edain Community are always upon anything precious and valuable, as the Eye of Sauron patrols lands in search of 'interesting things'  :D

By the way, it's great to see you here, RoR  :)
Welcome to the Edain Community!

RiderOfRohan

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • I'm the helpful modding guy
« Antwort #53 am: 17. Jan 2016, 17:33 »

The eyes of the Edain Community are always upon anything precious and valuable, as the Eye of Sauron patrols lands in search of 'interesting things'  :D

By the way, it's great to see you here, RoR  :)
Welcome to the Edain Community!

Thanks, hopefully I can be of use from time to time here. :)
My current BFME projects | Age of the Ring | BFME 2 HD Edition | ROTWK HD Edition

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #54 am: 20. Jan 2016, 02:22 »
Ah welcome here RoR my friend,it is nice see you here! :-)

The HD Patch is simply amazing,you actually made me like the Vanilla Improved [uglybunti]

Now I wanted to suggest something about Imrahil,since he is around 64-66 years old at the time of the War of the Ring I think his model can be with slightly Grey/White Hair to express that and be more lore accurate!? :-)

Greetings!
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Fine

• RPG Team
  • Wächter der Veste
  • Ich hab da ein ganz mieses Gefühl bei der Sache...
« Antwort #55 am: 20. Jan 2016, 07:55 »
Since Imrahil is of Dúnadan and elven blood, he had a longer lifespan than normal Men. In my opinion, there is no need to make him look older. If I recall correctly, there is no mention in the books of him having grey/white hair (please correct me on this if I am wrong!)
RPG:

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #56 am: 20. Jan 2016, 09:21 »
You are right Fine. It would be wrong to give Imrahil an older look/grey hairs. If im correctly he was jounger then Aragorn - does Aragorn have grey hairs?^^
« Letzte Änderung: 20. Jan 2016, 10:11 von Ealendril »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #57 am: 20. Jan 2016, 10:06 »
I am well aware that Imrahil was a Dunedain,but he died around the age of 100 if I am not mistaken from natural death,unlike Aragorn and the reason probably was that Aragorn was more "pure" blooded! And thats why I suggested a sligtly Grey/White Hair to make that visible! :)

But either way it was just a question,nothing special! :)

Greetings! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #58 am: 20. Jan 2016, 12:18 »
I agree with Fine  :)

It wouldn't be very appropriate for one of the Dúnedain.
Also, I believe that Men of a Númenórean origin show the signs of their old age only in the very 'last years', when both the body and the mind (will of living) start decaying; and, if I'm not wrong, they can even choose the moment of their death.

Most of these characteristics were probably determined by the logic of making the Númenóreans always appear proud and majestic until the end of their existence.
But, these are also speculations; if there are other varying sources, they will be more than welcome.

YeshuaEnthusiast

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #59 am: 20. Jan 2016, 20:11 »
Is there a way to change the setting where when playing with other allies that are Gondor that all of you can use Denethor? Currently I have found that only one player can attain him per team... Also, is it intentional for the game to not give you a section of wall on a castle if there is an enemy on that region when the castle is made??

Thanks and Blessings,

Micah