23. Apr 2024, 21:53 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Gondor Ideas  (Gelesen 83402 mal)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Brief Gondor Ideas
« Antwort #105 am: 1. Aug 2016, 01:40 »
I don't think it would be wise at all. I mean, I really acknowledge that episode as an important event of the plot, but I can't really think how it would ever be so worthy of being made into an actual ability in the game. Also, conceptually, the pyre was meant to burn the presumptive corpse of his son and his own body, but it was not directed to enemies as a real weapon at all.

I'm not convinced even more by the suggestion for the death of this hero: such way of dying is almost surely a bit daunting to recreate in the game, and it's overall quite unnecessary. When Denethor dies in battle, he dies as a soldier; why should he ever need a funereal pyre?

Amandil7

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #106 am: 1. Aug 2016, 03:09 »
I think it perfectly fits his character, when he is in a state of despair, he chooses to die his way rather than face death as a "soldier" like you said. So it does make sense, cause that is what happens!

As for the coding part, when ring heroes die there is a small shockwave, or maybe something like the Hour of the Witch-king, also when Nazgul are slain by fire arrows they kinda move around burning.

I don't see it as a weapon against the enemy, it burns ALL in a tiny radius, so he takes a few of them down with him. I still think it would be really iconic. Then again this is just a suggestion :) you are free to hate it

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #107 am: 1. Aug 2016, 13:48 »
I think it perfectly fits his character, when he is in a state of despair, he chooses to die his way rather than face death as a "soldier" like you said. So it does make sense, cause that is what happens!

If he dies in battle, he dies as a soldier (or, if it sounds better, as a glorious leader). Also, I'm quite sure that what really happens is him trying to burn himself and his son; I honestly didn't read nor did I ever see him using the pyre as a high-radius fire weapon  :)

By the way, 'high-radius damaging deaths' were progressively removed from the game for balance reasons (as Galadriel's death was changed too, with the current 'ordinary' animation).

I still think it would be really iconic. Then again this is just a suggestion :) you are free to hate it.

We are discussing things normally, in a public forum. That is, I disagree with you  ;)

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #108 am: 1. Aug 2016, 14:31 »
Except Ring form Sauron's death, right? If I recall, it is still there, because it was there in the movie. Currently, it seems only to be bugged, because of the new ring system, he instantly explodes and drops the ring, without giving your opponent the time to react, unlike what happened in the previous patches. Going to report that in a bit.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #109 am: 1. Aug 2016, 14:47 »
Yes, I guess Sauron's death is still the same. At least, this is what I recall from the last time I played with him. True, it remained in the game for the overwhelmingly iconic portrayal of the LOTR's prologue; but it's also well compensated regarding the balance too: Sauron has to necessarily take the One Ring to achieve that.

And to think that Galadriel could wipe out the battlefield just in her normal form  xD

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #110 am: 1. Aug 2016, 15:13 »
Haha, Galadriel is the best default faction supporter in the game, in my opinion. However, she gets pooped on by any hero that costs more than a 1000 resources and can attack with a melee weapon 1v1. Until she gets the ring, that is :P.
« Letzte Änderung: 1. Aug 2016, 15:33 von Odysseus »
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #111 am: 1. Aug 2016, 15:29 »
However, she gets pooped on by any hero that cost more than a 1000 resources and can attack with a melee weapon 1v1.

What about giving Galadriel a real opportunity to counter this kind of threats then (without turning her into an overpowered Warrior Queen and disrupting her supportive role)?

As Athena, Goddess of Wisdom and War, often counselled the ingenious Odysseus in his perilous quests, may I recommend our own Odysseus to check this proposal and the following debate  :P

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #112 am: 1. Aug 2016, 15:35 »
Indeed, I was about to say that the comments no longer revolve around Gondor. I shall see whether I participate or not in the discussion.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #113 am: 1. Aug 2016, 15:47 »
I really hope to. I would really like to know your opinions on the matter. If you are keen on intervening, see you there then  :)

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #114 am: 1. Aug 2016, 18:56 »
Denethor used Flare Blitz!
It's supereffective!
Brutal is exhausted!

Jokes apart, I'd like to give me opinion about Denethor's death. Personally, I don't like what you suggested for two reasons:

1. Personality: true, in the books and in the movies as well Denethor was driven mad by several things: Faramir's "death", Gandalf's "coup d'etat", Sauron attacking Minas Tirith, so he chose to burn. But, I don't think this means that in a different situation, Denethor would have liked to die in such a way. As Boromir says, Denethor was once a great and honorable man, crushed by the weight of responsibilities. Hence, being apparently not insane in a standard skirmish, I think that, being a great leader of Gondor, he would prefer to be killed while fighting the enemy and protecting his realm

2. Logic: how it is supposed to set himself on fire in the middle of the battlefield, as soon as he dies? He wouldn't have the time nor the necessary tools to do that, unless he's a demigod, or a Pokèmon (thus my initial joke :))

Amandil7

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #115 am: 4. Aug 2016, 01:58 »
Lol I love when people apply logic to video games, Same way he seems to summon Guards out of thin air I reckon (exactly like pokemon  ;):P   I see what you mean.
Oh well! Moving on.

I have to say I love love love playing with Denethor in 4.4! Great job ET.

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #116 am: 7. Aug 2016, 17:02 »
I usually do not post these kinds of comments, since ET does not like seeing them, and I most of the time have nothing to point out about it, but I will just point this out there for the sake of reminding everyone. Gondor has some aesthetically outdated assets compared to factions like Rivendell, Dwarves and Angmar, but also among  their own units you can clearly see the discrepancies. I am talking about Tower Guard and Citadel Guard, yes. Since (reworked) Denethor's personal Tower Guard has a skin that is more akin to ET's current artstyle (Either CAH assets or Adamins?), the model already exists and I am sure it would not be too difficult to make Gondor aesthetically speaking more consistent by using this skin for the Tower Guards.

Instead of wasting more words, I will show you pictures instead.
This:
1. https://gyazo.com/40a86425ee8bb12a0a112805d288dbbb
2. http://www.moddb.com/mods/battle-for-middle-earth-2-hd-edition/images/gondor-update-media9#imagebox
3. http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-horse-lords-a-total-modification-for-bfme/images/updated-citadel-guards#imagebox

Compared to this:
1. https://gyazo.com/409bd305fdca91180f7f50ea6c848faf
2. https://gyazo.com/7833a66d818fb37078dc4b8474a03d37
3. https://gyazo.com/7683c0cd359f4280cf5472b9cc41d698

I do really see a big difference:
- https://gyazo.com/861cb77a94cdb0d2a09503d7755a7d4c
- https://gyazo.com/6363641711d2805c3bb9604c154dfc85

I am not suggesting these units should absolutely look like that or be copied, but I am just pointing out the inconsistency and that I think it would benefit the faction if it were updated in this aspect.

Also, I am sure LoM knows, but Guardians of the White City (Boromir's ring unit) should have a reworked ability set since they only offer 1 ability at the moment, which is fear resistant, which already many other factors in Gondor provide before you would ever even see ring Boromir. I would like them to be different and offer different things to the faction, more aggressive things.
Also, Citadel Guard could use one more ability, because I think it is a trend that heroic units should have 3 abilities, right?
« Letzte Änderung: 7. Aug 2016, 21:18 von Odysseus »

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #117 am: 7. Aug 2016, 18:24 »
Yep I agree, some models look a bit outdated compared to the skills that ET has shown in their last models. But ofcourse there are other priorities right now. I can imagine that, after the Misty Mountains have been released, the team will put their focus on the visual aspect of the mod. This means that many outdated models will be redone. Ofcourse this is just purely speculation, but I find this the most logical answer xD.

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #118 am: 7. Aug 2016, 18:31 »

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #119 am: 7. Aug 2016, 21:19 »
So it seems. Let us hope that Fredius' guess is correct, and that we have another thing to look forward too :P.