28. Mär 2024, 22:22 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Gondor Ideas  (Gelesen 82400 mal)

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
Re: Brief Gondor Ideas
« Antwort #150 am: 26. Jan 2017, 00:25 »
I've been playing with Gondor, and while using the Grey Company, I thought: how about giving them a toggle between Sword and Bow? They are said to be some of the best human fighters in all of Middle-Earth if I remember correctly, so giving them this would help both reflecting this and making them different from regular Imladris Dunedain Rangers.

I'd love to know the community's thoughts on this! It's been a while since I suggested anything, so I hope not to have made a bad one  :P

Dain@

• Pförtner von Bree
  • baruk khazad khazad? ai-menu. For the King ! ! !
« Antwort #151 am: 26. Jan 2017, 12:05 »
Hi people !
 I propose to add a new ability to spell book "Valor previous years" or "Blood of Númenor." This ability will work Passive and give the following bonuses: Health Gondor soldiers + 25% and + 10% damage and armor. The reason I suggest potobnoe following:
First, at the average infantry of Gondor. It is all good, but at the end of the game Gondor has those soldiers who would help defeat the enemy, the special booking over much! (Dwarves, Trolls, and the elite of Mordor, Imladris, etc.)
Second: In the first epoch of the people of the West were much stronger and braver soldiers end of the third period. Gandalf himself said: "Valor west of people forgotten, earlier in the Kings tombs were more luxurious than the current governors of strongholds"
Third: Gondor takes a number! Quality - good, but not enough !. Who can say that Gondor easier to play! it does not require special mechanics for more powerful forces and that Gondor powerful simplicity and clarity of the gameplay the game! Yes I agree with you, but like the end of the game to get a certain quality Impuls and then Gondor will return to its former glory !!!
Also, this capability could open some political Passive ability for the citadel guards or something like that, for what would add zest to the game.

What do you think?
« Letzte Änderung: 26. Jan 2017, 12:09 von Dain@ »

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #152 am: 20. Feb 2017, 18:18 »
I have an idea for replacment of Gondor camp towers as defensives instead of Lone Towers like showed here http://www.moddb.com/mods/edain-mod/images/defense-buildplots4#imagebox

Lone Tower becouse of that loose his uniqueness in spellbook faction Gondor and Arnor also i want to mention  colors of this tower are quite bad compared to other buildings.

Gondor could've get his old tower from wall upgrade (which i hope ET finds intresting as replacement why making new one if this is not broken and not used currently :) (?) 

Arnor could've get Smaller version of Amon Sul Tower like showed on pics

What do u think guys about this replacment for Gondor and Arnor defensive towers on camps
and give Lone Tower bigger meaning
« Letzte Änderung: 20. Feb 2017, 18:24 von Slawek56703 »

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #153 am: 20. Feb 2017, 19:08 »
I have an idea for replacment of Gondor camp towers as defensives instead of Lone Towers like showed here http://www.moddb.com/mods/edain-mod/images/defense-buildplots4#imagebox

Lone Tower becouse of that loose his uniqueness in spellbook faction Gondor and Arnor also i want to mention  colors of this tower are quite bad compared to other buildings.

Gondor could've get his old tower from wall upgrade (which i hope ET finds intresting as replacement why making new one if this is not broken and not used currently :) (?) 

Arnor could've get Smaller version of Amon Sul Tower like showed on pics

What do u think guys about this replacment for Gondor and Arnor defensive towers on camps
and give Lone Tower bigger meaning
+1

Tirano

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #154 am: 25. Feb 2017, 03:07 »
Hello!
I really like Denethor's rework but i also miss how cool it was to see him inside the citadel :C
I think it would be really much better if you add the option to put him inside the citadel and have some Improved abilitys like Saruman.

regards 

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #155 am: 25. Feb 2017, 18:24 »
Denethor implemented via such mechanics was surely lore-accurate and a very smart of a system, but sometimes one has to accept compromises, in order to have everything work in the most decent way. In this case, that past type of implementation caused quite disturbing bugs. Furthermore, to answer your suggestion, I don't know if that eventuality would be feasible; nevertheless, in my opinion, we might then risk to have a replica of Saruman's feature in the game, which is something that ought to be avoided. I therefore believe, due to the great references to the films, that Saruman's ability had better remain his own exclusive possibility.

Denethor's current design is very unique anyway, although it is so under a different perspective; especially, I find his characterisation as a noble lord (who may summon his personal guards) and his stance-system marvellous additions to his concept. Henceforth, we had to renounce the previous citadel-feature logic, but we have, on the other hand, another well fitting concept at disposal. In a sense, it's similar to what we've been proposing in regards of Old Bilbo and Erestor for quite a time: as a solution for issues and unpleasant implications, Erestor could be made a permanent hero and Old Bilbo could be permanently introduced in Rivendell too, each of the two retaining their proper supporting nature.

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #156 am: 22. Dez 2017, 20:59 »
Hello guys :)
Some time ago (when I was new here and on moddb) I asked if you planned to introduce some more about the hobbit version of Gandalf. Now that I'm thinking about it again, since Arnor is set before war of the ring, do you think could be a good idea to explore other  ancient spells/abilities of Gandalf the Grey? It would be more unique instead putting a copy of the Gondor version, and it would give the possibility to take back some more abilities form 3.8.1, and exploring new ones too. As for me, I don't mind if this changing would mean to remove Gandalf as ring hero, centering the attention on Arvedui as the only ring hero. But it is my opinion of course :) let me know  xD

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #157 am: 23. Dez 2017, 00:23 »
I recall that we did have a quite long discussion about Gandalf disposing of a new set of abilities, when it comes to the ruined northern kingdom. It is a quite old debate, if I may say so, tracing back to the dawn of the English community. We had not found a decent and satisfying final solution to the issue, but you might still be interested in having a look at the said thread.

In my personal opinion, I would not oppose a change of such type in principle, but the fact is that I can't seriously think about viable options as new features. Gandalf has always been a very iconic character in the game and one should thus consider things very carefully; the reason why I'm often sceptical and hesitant when I read similar suggestions. Not because of the proposals themselves, but it's more due to the imposing quality of the wizard in the Mod, unless there are very serious aspects at stake (namely, the paradox revolving around Narya).

Nevertheless, were a kind-hearted and gentle soul to offer meaningful elements that might be brought up for the case, I would be more than glad to embark on a possible debate :)

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #158 am: 23. Dez 2017, 01:02 »
I recall that we did have a quite long discussion about Gandalf disposing of a new set of abilities, when it comes to the ruined northern kingdom. It is a quite old debate, if I may say so, tracing back to the dawn of the English community. We had not found a decent and satisfying final solution to the issue, but you might still be interested in having a look at the said thread.

In my personal opinion, I would not oppose a change of such type in principle, but the fact is that I can't seriously think about viable options as new features. Gandalf has always been a very iconic character in the game and one should thus consider things very carefully; the reason why I'm often sceptical and hesitant when I read similar suggestions. Not because of the proposals themselves, but it's more due to the imposing quality of the wizard in the Mod, unless there are very serious aspects at stake (namely, the paradox revolving around Narya).

Nevertheless, were a kind-hearted and gentle soul to offer meaningful elements that might be brought up for the case, I would be more than glad to embark on a possible debate :)

Thank you Walküre your suggestions are enlightening as always. I know that is a difficult field the one of Gandalf ( as much difficult as Durin, it seems I always put myself in troubles  :D :D). I don't know because for now I have raw ideas (apart of the old abilities).
When I'll be ready I will try to propose something, maybe also taking inspiration from this old thread. And you'll be welcome to the discussion of course  xD xD

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #159 am: 23. Dez 2017, 01:17 »
And I will be more than happy to participate. And I also add this: if you need some insights, if not actual proposals from my part (that I still have to formulate), I might help you with the analysis of the general theme, underlying which are the aspects that proved quite tough to deal with, at the time of those suggestions. So that we may discern everything more easily and therefore try to go through the most difficult sides of the discussion.

As you wish.

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #160 am: 23. Dez 2017, 01:55 »
And I will be more than happy to participate. And I also add this: if you need some insights, if not actual proposals from my part (that I still have to formulate), I might help you with the analysis of the general theme, underlying which are the aspects that proved quite tough to deal with, at the time of those suggestions. So that we may discern everything more easily and therefore try to go through the most difficult sides of the discussion.

As you wish.

Your help could be definely very welcome  ;) I read something about the old thread. It seems that the discussion just stopped at a certain point without the completing of a whole concept. Any help is welcome especially concerning lore and timeline. For example a point was the non-consistency of Glamdring presence during that time, which in my opinion is a valid point but it would be a problem for the animation;because clearly the own animation of Gandalf can work only with staff plus sword  [ugly]. Concerning the horse-issue instead, I wouldn't mind if Gandalf cannot mount anymore with the new concept. The only inconic horse, the Lord of all horses which needs to be present in game, is shadowfax and it belongs to The white :). I'd be glad to discuss with you the old ideas via pms, such that you can explain me better the salient points :) when you will have time of course

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #161 am: 5. Mär 2018, 23:13 »
I hovered over the Ring Mechanic description during a test game and, I hadn't seen it in a while, but damn is it long. That thing takes up most of the screen, it's not a very user-friendly blob of text. Especially considering this text is meant to introduce the mechanics to new players. So I'm thinking it could be cut down a bit into something like the text below, although I'm still wondering if it can be shortened some more. I removed about 1/3 of the text while trying to keep the spirit of it.

Zitat
CONTROLBAR:ToolTipRingMechanikGondo r_forMM
"Only Ring Heroes can pick the One Ring up \n Gandalf the Grey: Gandalf isn't able to resist the temptation of the One Ring and is corrupted. \n He now deals AoE damage, his attacks and spell can hit friendly units, all units become frightened of him briefly when he attacks, Gandalf can no longer ride Shadowfax. \n Gandalf the White: Gandalf passes the test of the One Ring and uses it to help mankind. \n Heroes and units around Gandalf have fear resistance, slowly self-heal, and gain improved values \n Gandalf's abilities deal more damage and recharge faster. \n Boromir: Boromir tries to lead the White City back into the light. \n He gains improved abilities and immediately reaches level 10. Current and newly trained units all get upgrades. When Boromir dies, the player cannot build anything for 60 seconds. \n \n \n If the Ring Hero dies, he loses the Ring at the place of death"
END
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
« Antwort #162 am: 12. Mär 2018, 15:59 »
The Arnor Ranger Camp has Rangers patrolling around it that have the Gray Company/Imla Rangers look. I believe they should have the Arnor Rangers look, to fit with the faction.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #163 am: 9. Jun 2018, 18:23 »
Hello and fond greetings! Some time ago I've crafted a few new icon pictures and proposed them internally. It was mostly related to Gondor, but I have even taken Mordor into account. There's more in store, actually, but that refers to internal content and must therefore remain secret still, for now. Anyway, I'm really curious to know what the public response will be. Feel free to join the discussion and give your meaningful contribution.

The below-shown art is to replace for the most part the old cartoon-like images with pictures taken from the films.

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
« Antwort #164 am: 9. Jun 2018, 18:30 »

I really like all of them! They would be an improvement on the old ones and help making it clear that this is a completely new era for the spellbooks in Edain, so to speak. As this would certainly improve on the quality of the spellbook, I'd also like to see other spells like Barrage get that same treatment.

Greatly done!