28. Mär 2024, 20:05 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Gondor Ideas  (Gelesen 82391 mal)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Brief Gondor Ideas
« Antwort #180 am: 26. Feb 2019, 17:57 »
Can the current Lone Tower be garrisoned by archery-type troops? If it cannot, I reckon it would be wise to give the player such option, as it not only makes the very building more useful and strategically relevant, but it also stresses the spell's long-term characterisation. A much better ensemble, instead of a quite anonymous structure. Moreover, isn't Gondor well used to combating Mordor in its own ruined cities? ;)

Seleukos I.

• Edain Balancetester
  • Galadhrim
« Antwort #181 am: 26. Feb 2019, 18:01 »
Right now it can't be garrisoned. But I think if this would be added the tower should have quite low Health in order to prevent  op-ness.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #182 am: 26. Feb 2019, 18:42 »
That's reasonable. However, the main argument I could envision would be the following: transforming the current random tower into a focal, fortified point, where your battalions may be regrouped or rallied at. If manned at will, and according to favourable or adverse circumstances, the Lone Tower (the adjective itself denotes its decaying trait) would serve the faction as an effective bulwark to stem the flood, or as a temporary barrier against swarming enemy armies.

If we put ourselves in Gondor's shoes during the War of the Ring, we would see how its diverse myriad of foes abounded in those grim times and its strategy clearly revolved around defensive logics. Thus, a sort of trench-type war was probably preferred by the kingdom over bolder manoeuvres. All in all, the concept befits the lore a good deal :)

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #183 am: 26. Feb 2019, 18:58 »
I would like to see Gondor's Lone Tower garrisonable, but with low health, while Dwarven Lone Tower non garrisonable, but robust in defence.
Some difference between them. ;)
First one would be nice strategic option for Faramir's archers, and the second one fits to dwarven focus on solid buildings.

Seleukos I.

• Edain Balancetester
  • Galadhrim
« Antwort #184 am: 26. Feb 2019, 20:40 »
That should be a good solution. Maybe the dwarven tower also should have a Little bit lower range (because it's shooting axes and not arrows) but that is not very important in my opinion.
But making the dwarven tower non garrisonable and with more hp will help to make the two towers more different.
I'm in favorof this kind of change, in case anyone want to count votes^^

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
« Antwort #185 am: 26. Feb 2019, 21:03 »
I agree on the tower model getting updated and the idea of it summoning a ruined but garrisonable tower is really interesting. The only thing I'm not sure about would be if the current ruined tower model is good enough or whether it would need an update. Otherwise, one of the alternative tower ideas could work well.

Mogat

• LPS-Sieger
  • Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #186 am: 27. Feb 2019, 11:22 »
Thus, a sort of trench-type war was probably preferred by the kingdom over bolder manoeuvres. All in all, the concept befits the lore a good deal :)

Trench-type war gameplay? That sounds amazing  (**) (**)

All jokes aside, a garrisonable tower is a bad idea balance-wise.

Cogito, ergo sum

Seleukos I.

• Edain Balancetester
  • Galadhrim
« Antwort #187 am: 27. Feb 2019, 13:23 »
And if it would have very low hp (even lower than a farm)?

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #188 am: 27. Feb 2019, 14:15 »
The issue is that it makes the tower either too strong when it is garrisoned by archers or too weak when it isn't. I'll take your example, Seleukos:

Very low health would make it (probably) balanced when it is garrisoned by archers. It would deal fairly high damage (much higher than now because of the archers) but be quite vulnerable, very much a glasscannon that would still need further support from melee units to protect it. But without archers, it would be very underwhelming for its cost: The damage would be ok, but not great; and it would still go down in seconds. That's not worth the spellpoints.
On the other hand, if the durability of the tower stayed the way it currently is, it would be perfectly fine without any archers. If you did garrison archers in it though, it would suddenly become much stronger than it used to be, which wouldn't be warranted at all.

In short: From a balance perspective, this change would bring only more problems. Gondor is, after all, not an archer faction like Lorien; and this suggestion would make archers pretty much mandatory for Gondor players who choose the left path in the spellbook. That doesn't mean the idea of making the tower garrisonable is dismissed entirely. Instead, removing the damage entirely and giving the tower other perks could be one way to go. Feel free to come up with other ideas, you've proven to be a bunch of very creative people after all^^

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #189 am: 27. Feb 2019, 15:02 »
To sum up:

1) Two spellbooks have completely same spells (Lone Tower).
2) Both spells have models of regular towers.
3) Garrisonable tower would be problematic.

Solutions:
1) We can replace one spell or we can make both spells different.
2) Just replace models and use models which are already somewhere in the game.
3) So what about greater range for Gondor's Lone Tower (shoots arrows after all) and greater defence but shorter range than regular towers for robust dwarven Lone Tower?

Seleukos I.

• Edain Balancetester
  • Galadhrim
« Antwort #190 am: 27. Feb 2019, 15:10 »
Ok, I see your point, Elendil. That makes sense^^
It was just an idea to differentiate the Gondor and the dwarven tower.
Zitat
Instead, removing the damage entirely and giving the tower other perks could be one way to go

That sounds interesting to me. So my question is, would it be possible to the tower an upgrade to buy? So the tower Maybe could take a more supportive role by regenerating dead units (similar to Beregonds lvl 5 ability).  That upgrade should cost some money of course (around 300-500), but it could be really usefull to compensate the remove of the heal spell. And it would fit to the long-term, defensive path of the spellbook.

Just an idea to discuss^^

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #191 am: 10. Apr 2019, 19:44 »
We discussed this on discord a while back but I believe I forgot to post about it here. Would it be possible to buff slightly the faithful of aranarth ranger upgrade for the Arnor rangers? It's a bit on the weak side compared to Barrow Guards. If we just do a comparison:

Barrow GuardsFaithful
Stats25% armor5% vision, 5% range
BuffFear ResistancePermanent Stealth
AbilityHigh damage volleyMap-wide (probably) arrow volley

Now, to their credit, their permanent stealth is quite powerful, however the stat buff is quite negligible and will rarely actually make a difference in combat as far as I can tell. It doesn't move them to any sort of upper tier or allow them to shoot further than any other unit they couldn't already. Buffing this to 10 or maybe 15 percent would put the buff on par with the barrow guard's one if we add up all the other advantages.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
« Antwort #192 am: 14. Sep 2019, 17:35 »
The current text for Strider's Aragorn upgrade is: "Aragorn abandons path of the Ranger in seek of the righteous course of destiny".

I believe this should be changed (if any native speaker disagrees feel free to correct me) to: "Aragorn abandons the path of the Ranger in search of the righteous course of his destiny"

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #193 am: 16. Sep 2019, 10:43 »
You can just report incorrect english descriptions like this one as a bug in the future. You're totally right with your suggestion.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
« Antwort #194 am: 3. Mär 2020, 18:03 »
My suggestion is to change the buffs provided by the Grey Company from armor to other types of buff to represent the unorthodox fighting methods of the rangers better. Gondor already has a lot of armor buffs, even their central is a big armor buff. So instead I think the Grey company could provide the following buff:
- Archers - increased rate of fire
- Swordsmen - increased movement speed
- Pikemen - Pikemen I wasn't really sure, I wanted to boost their deceleration and trample revenge but it would make this part of the summon only handy when the enemy has cav, so maybe the buff could be reduced damage from melee attack or it could be the original idea but with a stronger buff than the rest.