28. Mär 2024, 09:51 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Rohan Suggestions  (Gelesen 37411 mal)

canadyan

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: Brief Rohan Suggestions
« Antwort #15 am: 28. Jul 2016, 16:11 »
Hey everyone.

Just wondering if any thought had been given to having Gamling be able to toggle between Bow and Sword (or Spear) while mounted?

I really love that all of Rohan's heroes can participate as Cavalry but I find I have a hard time working with Gamling because he is always separated from the pack with his Bow, making him an easy target.

Alternatively, what about giving him abilities that somehow benefits Rohan mounted archers when he switches to his horse, giving him more of a command role when using him with the Cavalry?

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #16 am: 28. Jul 2016, 16:39 »
Hey everyone.

Just wondering if any thought had been given to having Gamling be able to toggle between Bow and Sword (or Spear) while mounted?

I really love that all of Rohan's heroes can participate as Cavalry but I find I have a hard time working with Gamling because he is always separated from the pack with his Bow, making him an easy target.

Alternatively, what about giving him abilities that somehow benefits Rohan mounted archers when he switches to his horse, giving him more of a command role when using him with the Cavalry?

This thread will be merged with the Rohan Brief Suggestions thread of this board.

--- MERGED ---

Garlodur

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • In Moria, in Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #17 am: 29. Jul 2016, 19:25 »
Well, I do not think this is necessary at all. Firstly, you can solve his loneliness by having Rohirrim Archers in your army that have the same range he does so that he is not left alone. Second, you can have him and Rohirrim Archers in a separate command group from the melee Rohirrim plus heroes so that you can situate them ideally on the battlefield.
Besides, on his horse he should be able to outrun most other units that attack him even if he is alone.

Chiska

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • To err is human, to forgive divine
« Antwort #18 am: 11. Aug 2016, 19:19 »
Merry and Pippin are two very alike heroes, literally with the same looks from afar and mostly the same skillset (witht the exception of different names and 1 different ability).
Not that I complain about this but the problem is their ability names are all that really differenciate them, so I thought it would be cool to give old Merry's level 10 power another name and icon to further add some varying flavour (though its function will stay completelt the same as it quite suits him).
My suggestion is to change the name to "Barrow Blade"; as in the books it was the very Barrow Blade, which was given to him by Tom Bombadil, that managed to deal some damage to the Witch-King and slightly stun him to give Eowyn the opportunity to slay him.
As for the icon I personally think a dark grey with a purplish shade coloured dagger facing the opposite as Pippin's Dagger of the Noldor would look pretty nice, but that's up to you of course. :)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #19 am: 11. Aug 2016, 20:05 »
I think "Dagger of Westernesse" would be more suiting, as it is said the reason the blade can hurt the WItch KIng is because it was made by the men of Arnor. It would be a nice link to the lore if the name is changed.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #20 am: 12. Aug 2016, 00:05 »
I think "Dagger of Westernesse" would be more suiting, as it is said the reason the blade can hurt the Witch-king is because it was made by the men of Arnor. It would be a nice link to the lore if the name is changed.

+1

Another piece of Númenor's legacy that would be beautifully implemented in the game. Besides, I don't think this proposal deserves an own thread. I will thus merge it with Brief Rohan Suggestions  :)

--- MERGED ---

Chiska

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • To err is human, to forgive divine
« Antwort #21 am: 13. Aug 2016, 20:17 »
I think "Dagger of Westernesse" would be more suiting, as it is said the reason the blade can hurt the WItch KIng is because it was made by the men of Arnor. It would be a nice link to the lore if the name is changed.

Daggers of Westernesse were the more formal name for Barrow Blades. Just thought because Pippin already had the word "dagger" in his level 10 power's name it would be more unique to have "blade" in Merry's level 10 ability name.

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #22 am: 15. Aug 2016, 00:36 »
I think removing Rohan Stables' requirement for Rohan Heroes to mount would be a good idea. I mean, it is strange that the Heroes from the Riddermark cannot ride a horse unless a Stable is built, yet Imladris heroes (for example) can.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #23 am: 15. Aug 2016, 01:29 »
As far as I know, the connection to the stables was meant to restrain the wide range of action of those mounted heroes (in the early game, in particular) and thus balance them a bit. Also, it stresses even more effectively the whole horse-motive that highlights every aspect of Rohan. Furthermore, Rivendell is primarily centred on infantry and this pivotal fact would make that requirement objectively redundant.

Apart from gameplay reasons, if we were to focus on that logic, I would say that the Noldor of Imladris and their immortal leaders could probably do without stables in the first place, as their entire military knowledge has a millenary tradition (long before the establishment of the very realm of Rohan); Elrond must have surely learnt to ride a horse in the First Age, and Glorfindel in more ancient times  :)
« Letzte Änderung: 15. Aug 2016, 01:34 von DieWalküre »

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
« Antwort #24 am: 15. Aug 2016, 01:42 »
As far as I know, the connection to the stables was meant to restrain the wide range of action of those mounted heroes (in the early game, in particular) and thus balance them a bit. Also, it stresses even more effectively the whole horse-motive that highlights every aspect of Rohan. Furthermore, Rivendell is primarily centred on infantry and this pivotal fact would make that requirement objectively redundant.

Apart from gameplay reasons, if we were to focus on that logic, I would say that the Noldor of Imladris and their immortal leaders could probably do without stables in the first place, as their entire military knowledge has a millenary tradition (long before the establishment of the very realm of Rohan); Elrond must have surely learnt to ride a horse in the First Age, and Glorfindel in more ancient times  :)

I guessed the restriction could be for balance, because having them mounted early game could disrupt balance, and seeing it that way, you're right! It only annoys me slightly on the context of War Of The Ring, where having to build stables just for that can be annoying, specially when you have a full army.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #25 am: 15. Aug 2016, 02:50 »
In the plainest logical sense, you are substantially right. One would deem natural that Rohan's heroes should be mounted freely as they were in the very first BFME1. The same about your reasoning regarding the War of the Ring.

Nevertheless, as I wrote, there's not so much more to be told other than it was mainly a decision concerning balance and gameplay. I would rather look at things in this perspective: Rohan is the cavalry-based faction by definition (the stables are its warfare's core) and it has the advantage of having many mounted heroes at hand, but this has to come at a price of a consequent restriction.

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
« Antwort #26 am: 15. Aug 2016, 03:19 »
In the plainest logical sense, you are substantially right. One would deem natural that Rohan's heroes should be mounted freely as they were in the very first BFME1. The same about your reasoning regarding the War of the Ring.

Nevertheless, as I wrote, there's not so much more to be told other than it was mainly a decision concerning balance and gameplay. I would rather look at things in this perspective: Rohan is the cavalry-based faction by definition (the stables are its warfare's core) and it has the advantage of having many mounted heroes at hand, but this has to come at a price of a consequent restriction.

I thought that. Lore-wise, Rohan heroes should have the ability to mount freely, but then, if lore was always followed and no balance/changes were made, Rohan would have a huge advantage that would be unfair, because having almost all of their heroes with mounted abilities gives them a mobility advantage that no other faction has, and having it with no restrictions wouldn't be balanced. So if it's better for the game, I prefer it to stay the way it is now.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #27 am: 15. Aug 2016, 14:27 »
Weighing in on this, the stable requirement for mounting at this point is, in my opinion, a leftover of 3.8.1 and an unnecessary gimmick.

It has never directly hurt my gameplay in any ways I can think of, but just on the pure fact of how many other factions get heroes who can mount, having only Rohan locked off by the stables actually makes about as little sense as it can make.

As you said Die, Rohan is a cavalry faction, they are the Horse Lords, and so why shouldn't their heroes have their mounts available freely? Lets do a quick comparison:
Rohan: 6 heroes who can mount and their hobbit, 7 total heroes.
Gondor: 4 heroes who can mount, 8 heroes total.
Mordor: 7 heroes who can mount counting black rider battalion, 9 heroes total.
Imladris: 3 heroes that can mount, 7 heroes total.

So with the available factions who have more than a single mounted hero, we see the majority have at least half of their available heroes as mountable heroes, with no restrictions at all except in Gondors case concerning levelling up the heroes. If you want to mount up Gandalf having never built a stables, you can go right ahead. Now obviously Mordor doesn't have a stables, but the point still stands for them as well. Finally, for Imladris, half of their heroes can mount and provide support to their already excellent cavalry, or just mount to escape from battle, no restrictions.

I can see no reason to retain this unnecessary restriction. All it really does is hurt gameplay, for example if you are doing an infantry strategy as Rohan(which is necessary much more often than you may think) and never make a stables, focusing instead on an Archery Range, you have literally no ability to mount your hero, whether it be to get them to the frontline or escape when close to death. It is, at the end of the day, a hindrance more than a feature.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #28 am: 30. Sep 2016, 14:16 »
Rohan Herald summoned by Theoden on foot had 1180 and summoned on horse had 1015 can the have this some amount of health it's little illogical than mounted herald is weaker
3: Haldir summoned dont have mentioned on his decription that he gets armor boost when change his weapon from bow to sword
« Letzte Änderung: 10. Okt 2016, 20:30 von Slawek56703 »

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #29 am: 30. Sep 2016, 14:43 »
To have more health doesn't mean, that a unit/hero is stronger. There are other facts, which have his own meaning: armor, damage etc. So the mounted Herald isn't weaker then the foot one. ;)