29. Mär 2024, 00:33 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Rohan Suggestions  (Gelesen 37473 mal)

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Brief Rohan Suggestions
« am: 24. Aug 2015, 00:44 »
In this thread, you can post small Rohan suggestions. There are no fixed rules for whether a suggestion should be posted as its own thread in the suggestions forums or in this collective thread, you  may decide yourself whether you think your idea needs its own thread. As a general guideline, though, an idea that can be presented in just a couple of sentences may not need its own thread and could be discussed here, preventing the forum from getting too cluttered. On the other hand, if you want to discuss an aspect of the game in great depth or propose something like an entirely new hero with a full new set of abilities, a new thread might be more appropriate.
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
Re: Brief Rohan Suggestions
« Antwort #1 am: 25. Aug 2015, 00:48 »
maybe put leaderships to the captains ???

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #2 am: 25. Aug 2015, 00:54 »
maybe put leaderships to the captains ???
why?

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #3 am: 25. Aug 2015, 00:57 »
i dont know rohan cavalry is kinda weak

Caronis

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #4 am: 27. Aug 2015, 10:15 »
Add a ability to Level 5 + Forged Blade units (or to Royal guards ?) = Spear Throw

The Unit launch spears, which make great damage on a target (same as Eomer's but less powerful)

Glemli

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #5 am: 7. Okt 2015, 13:34 »
Hello,

Would it be possible to have an extra Mount/Dismount ability for Eowyn so she can pick up merry whilst on horseback? Otherwise Merry is kinda useless when you are building a cavalry-army.
Also, Rohan's Spearthrowers don't attack anything unless you specifically click on a building or a unit. Perhaps they could be replaced with trained Archers which have better statistics than the Yeoman?

Thanks,
Glemli

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #6 am: 8. Okt 2015, 20:47 »
Indeed, Meriadoc is usless after cavalary starts to take bigger part in army. I think too, that he should be able to ride with Eowyn (but only when she's disguised), and it should give her some boost too armour.  [ugly]

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #7 am: 8. Okt 2015, 23:35 »
he is useful for defending the base leading a couple of peasants while Rohirrim slain the ennemies  :P

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #8 am: 9. Okt 2015, 04:56 »
There has already been an idea to improve Merries usefulness when building a cavalry army here(poll included)
http://en.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,31532.0.html
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

ThorinIIoakenshield

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #9 am: 9. Okt 2015, 19:20 »
http://forums.revora.net/uploads/monthly_04_2013/post-25266-0-29037600-1365181110_thumb.jpg This is quite a nice concept for a rohan infantry unit,perhaps mabe even banner carrier...sorry I notice now it is small

TheFinalMe

• Bilbos Festgast
  • New and Improved...
« Antwort #10 am: 14. Jan 2016, 16:37 »
Could the discount for cavalry be returned to the peasant producing farm? One of the issues with Rohan is that it becomes very hard for the player to get enough money to switch from peasants to cavalry. If the discount was returned to the farm then the building of peasant military would be already assisting the switch to cavalry. If the player chose to continue with a peasant strategy it would not affect it since peasants already do not receive discounts.

Some issues with the idea are that it would eliminate the need for the stud farm. I do like the extra type of farm but the division of benefits between the two buildings, places so much extra financial burden on Rohan. Unless their economy was changed the stud farm just makes it more difficult to build a cavalry army, which should be the main forces of Rohan.
Along side the stud farm issue, I am not sure what the balance would be like. Would one building with all those benefits make Rohan's game too single minded and powerful?

These are just some ideas that I had, what are your thoughts?
TFM

YeshuaEnthusiast

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #11 am: 20. Jan 2016, 20:07 »
Hey Edain Team, is it possible to add fire to the wall towers of Rohan? I keep finding that they do very little damage to any sort of siege engine and I know that adding fire damage would make that a little more level.

Thanks and Blessings

Micah

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #12 am: 20. Jan 2016, 20:27 »
I don't think Rohan needs any better defense against siege units. There cavalry is already a much better way to counter them. Also, the towers and archers of all factions shouldn't do much damage against siege units.

YeshuaEnthusiast

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #13 am: 20. Jan 2016, 20:31 »
mid game that would be the case, but in early game against multiple Isenguards for instance, their spears make quick work of the horsemen well before they can stop both the battering rams and catapults which take quite a long time to kill via towers. I could have a Rohan castle fully surrounded by arrow towers and still lose quite a few buildings to one battering ram.

I would prefer to see weaker towers with a fire upgrade (like Gondor), rather than towers strong against troops but weak against siege engines

Thanks and Blessings,

Micah
« Letzte Änderung: 20. Jan 2016, 20:38 von YeshuaEnthusiast »

ringbearer

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #14 am: 10. Apr 2016, 21:20 »
Hello fellow Edainers, my small suggestion is : can you give Theoden's herald ability to mount/dismount? Since 4.3 rohan can focus more on infantry, it would add more usage to this unit :)