28. Mär 2024, 22:16 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Rohan Suggestions  (Gelesen 37459 mal)

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
Re: Brief Rohan Suggestions
« Antwort #30 am: 10. Okt 2016, 20:38 »
Hey ET its really small but i want to post this small suggestion . Becouse Glourious Charge is Theoden Ultimate spell can this give him and rohhirim fear resistance and knockback resisstance ? It lasts only 20s but used in good moment can change game preety quick but if enemy hero use ability that cause fear its reealy stupic that rohhirim are scared they doing last big charge at enemy and they scared ? Please mention that in description if u find that brief suggestion useful

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #31 am: 11. Okt 2016, 04:05 »
Theoden's leadership gives fear resistance by default.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #32 am: 11. Okt 2016, 12:44 »
Zitat
Theoden's leadership gives fear resistance by default.

Ohh ... but wait is this scale with Glourious Charge? .... why Theoden gives Fear resistance by defualt iam not sure if that bonus fit his role that much.Fear resistance would better serve as ultimate bonus for Glourious Charge imo .Going by movie Theoden Charge is one of the scenes when i think his man really stop fear being killed and they even scream DEATH!!! . Dont u think it would better serve as bonus to Theoden last ability ?

Yes, it works together with the charge. And no, we wont change that.

Ohh thank you for answer thats awesome it work together  :)
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Okt 2016, 14:36 von Slawek56703 »

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #33 am: 11. Okt 2016, 13:47 »
Yes, it works together with the charge. And no, we wont change that.

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #34 am: 2. Feb 2017, 04:29 »
Hey Guys i have some improvmnents for Rohan Heroes when Theoden become cured i mainly want to focus on improving some of thier abilities

Eomer:

Leader of Exiles ability will be renamed to Marshall of Rohan additionally this passive ability makes Eomer deal AOE damage .

Ride of Exiled ability wil be renamed to Ride of the King this ability will deal 2x bigger damage and this ability will be avivable when Eomer is unmounted too

Eowyn

Shield Maiden ability will be renamed to Daughter of the Kings Eowyn armor increase about 100% to heroes and monsters

Theodred

I would like to see his abilities improved i mean they are fine but i would like to see whatif situation where Theodered ewentuallu become right hand of Theoden in war instead of Eomer

Garrsion of Meduseld renamed to Garrison of Rohan additionaly all Rohan sentry Towers armor increase about 50% too

Repair Work renamed to Repair of Rohan Marshall - 2x bigger Range and those buildings get 50% armor exluding Sentry Towers and Citadel

Defense of Riddermark additionaly affects Rohan Sentry Towers and they can be upgraded with Fire Arrows

Hama

Guards of Golden Hall summons 1 line of Guards of Golden Hall pernament player have possibility to upgrade them with Fire Arrows but they cant use swords .

Gamling

To the Armory ability summon pernamently 1 of 3 Rohan Infantry from 3.8.1 Lancers or Swordsman or Axeman .

The are standart Infantry but more useful than Peasents player can get from Farms  so let's make this ability more unique.Player can upgrade them or they will be alredy upgraded

Lancesr have standart porcupine formation
Swordsman are little more tanky than those other two units
Axeman alre strong vs heavy armor with upgraded axes are also strong vs light armor

2)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have some improvment for Theoden ability Herald of the King this ability summon Herald but imo he still lacks something .

My proposal is to depending on this if he is mount or dismount he become part of elite banner of Royal Guards or Guards of Golden Hall similar to Rohan General .

Unmounted

Player for 500 can make Herald become part of Guards of Rohan Golden hall they are in one line (5 guys) and use swords

This battalion inspires nearby heroes by giving them 15% armor and damage . Rohan Herald inspire his battalion by 30% armor and damage and fear reessistance.

Mounted

Player for 750 can make Herald become part of Rohan Royal Guards  they are in one line (5 guys).

This battalion inspires nearby heroes by giving them 15% armor and damage . Rohan Herald inspire his battalion by 30% damage and fear reessistance and trample enemies 50% less.

Edit:
Eowyn needs her shield updated is looks quite bad just look

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Like always i'm waiting for you'r feddback , criticism , improvments of this proposal .
Good Night

« Letzte Änderung: 2. Feb 2017, 05:15 von Slawek56703 »

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #35 am: 3. Feb 2017, 19:47 »
Hmm. It think this would make curing Theoden way too important. Yes, obviously it should be important, but as long as this stays a spell (that is on an optional track in the spellbook), it can't be this central.
Apart from that, most things sound brutally OP: Currently this is basically Loriens Gifts (as of 3.8.1) combing with the normal spell -for a tier 2 spell.
And no, we can't increase the cost, because of how important it is for Rohan (also this would further force the player on one single path).
Thus, I don't see any improvements compared to a bunch of problems.

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #36 am: 5. Feb 2017, 14:30 »

Thank you for answer i very apperaciate this . You are right making Theoden spell Glorious King more important is wrong way to improve Rohan heroes .So what about make some of those ideas independed from Theoden and let those heroes earn this higher status or better abilities ?

Eomer ability Leader of Exiles on level 10 become Marshall of Riddermark making Eomer attack deal aoe damage.
Eomer ability Ride of Exiled will be moved to level 8. On level 10 become Ride of King Guard double damage effect .

Gamling ability To the Armory on level 8 become Armory of the King pernamently summoning randomly ONLY 1 battalion from this 3 Rohan militia with alerady heavy armor upgrade.

• Rohan Swordsman
  • Rohan Axeman
  • Rohan Lancer

In the mean time i have idea for Rohan Second Heroic Troop .
Rohan Royal Archers requirment to train level 3 Archery Range and Fire Arrows.
When recruited they already get Fire Arrows.They will not be avivable to change weapon to swords . This make them diffrent than those summoned from Hama . Hama Royal Archers will be renamed to Golden Hall Guard becouse currently thier horde is called Royal Archers like my proposal and they will be summoned with only swords making them 25% more 25% more  resistant to damage .

What do u think ?

« Letzte Änderung: 5. Feb 2017, 14:34 von Slawek56703 »

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #37 am: 20. Feb 2017, 02:31 »
Hi edain team! If you are interested I've made a new sword models for Theoden because I find that the old model is obsolete. Also I've look the other units of the mod and they have quasi all the same sword model, I've so decided to make a new sword for Gamling Hama, The Royal Guard and for the other units of rohan.
Say me if you are interested and I can send you these models.

1: Eomer's sword (vanilla)
2: Gamling's sword
3: Rohan regular units swords
4: Theoden's sword
5: Hama's sword
6: Royal foot guard's swords

Secret Keeper

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #38 am: 30. Apr 2017, 23:30 »
Hello everybody

let's be quick. Rohirrims, royal vanguard and exiles. Same palantir picture, same formation. If you have some spare time, please, consider some changes to them so they dont look and feel the same.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #39 am: 1. Mai 2017, 00:11 »
I'm not personally acquainted with the issue you pointed at, but I would certainly go for that type of changes, in order to follow in the footsteps of the differentiated essence that is at the root of the Edain Mod. Just, don't forget that much more vital aspects are being worked on at the moment, alongside the difficulty of dealing with graphics. It means that similar suggestions could require time.

Morwereth

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #40 am: 1. Mai 2017, 00:34 »
Hello everybody

let's be quick. Rohirrims, royal vanguard and exiles. Same palantir picture, same formation. If you have some spare time, please, consider some changes to them so they dont look and feel the same.

Technically all of them are the same units. Royal vanguard is a Rohirrim battalion that does not cost any CP.  Therefore it is normal that they do feel the same.  ;)

Secret Keeper

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #41 am: 1. Mai 2017, 11:02 »
This is Edain, no 2 units should feel the same if they are built from different buildings and fulfill a slightly different role. Right now it feels lazy.

When you play, you can't really figure out which unit you are using until you hover mouse over them for a few seconds. In competitive play it is a slight problem. Yes, exiles have a slightly different capes ( more red-ish one I think ), but it is not enough.

Garlodur

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • In Moria, in Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #42 am: 1. Mai 2017, 18:08 »
There's absolute no need to call the Edain Team lazy here, in the first place.

Secondly, you say the one unit with three different names fulfill a different role, but with the same weapons, formation, upgrades and attributes I do not see the differences you claim exist.

Thirdly, you suggest one option already, mentioning the differently coloured capes/cloaks. This makes for a visual change, if that pleases you. Yet all Rohirrim in a battalion have different cloaks already so this would not really solve much of your 'problem'.

Fourthly, the forum is meant to house active discussions. It is one thing to provide feedback, but it needs to be constructive and possibly suggesting an alternative. If you want to participate in the discussion of how the Rohirrim, Exiles and Royal Vanguard should have different roles or looks, please share your ideas and they can be evaluated.

Cheers,
Garlodur

Secret Keeper

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #43 am: 1. Mai 2017, 20:11 »
I am not calling them lazy. I imply that the current situation looks as a not finished job.

My claim is simple: you have 3 units, built from different buildings, they cost different CP, their building time is different, they fulfill a different role, they have 3 different names. Yet, they have the same palantir, same abilities, the look of abilities is the same, same upgrades. Why?!

There are plenty of easy solutions which frankly, don't need any discussion. Either the team will change sth or not. I have no intention to discuss if it's better to change their picture (big palantir), or to put "passive ability" with explanation text, or to change some ability pictures or formations. My "wish" is just to have some first hand indication which unit I am using without need to hover over them. If other people want to discuss, they are free to go.

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #44 am: 1. Mai 2017, 20:39 »
My claim is simple: you have 3 units, built from different buildings, they cost different CP, their building time is different, they fulfill a different role, they have 3 different names. Yet, they have the same palantir, same abilities, the look of abilities is the same, same upgrades. Why?!
They do fulfill the same role. I get where you are coming from, but the only differences between these units from a gameplay perspective is their timing. Exiles are the fastest option, vanguard the last, but apart from that they are all great for trampling, really not that great in melee compared to other cavalry and receive great support from the spellbook and the heroes. They serve as Rohan's basic cavalry, great in the early game to kill isolated archers and swords, gain mapcontrol and force your opponent to build pikes; with forged blades they serve as strong harassing units in the mid- and lategame when their impact in head-on battles dwindles due to their relatively low hp.

And they are definitively visually distinct. I have no issues telling them apart and I'm not even playing as much as I used to, so maybe just take a closer look and remember that they're all doing pretty much the same thing. ;)