19. Mär 2024, 03:04 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Mordor Suggestions  (Gelesen 87454 mal)

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
Re: Brief Mordor Suggestions
« Antwort #30 am: 4. Nov 2015, 21:12 »
Never saw that suggestion, sounds like a great idea. I will bump it and see if there are any other people willing to discuss about.

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #31 am: 4. Nov 2015, 21:16 »
Yes, it is one of the oldest topics in General Suggestions section.
And there I think we could discuss everything concerning integration of those Troll models. :)

goat stealer

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #32 am: 4. Nov 2015, 22:33 »
I'm entirely against this suggestion.
Mordor trolls are already probably the unit with the worst control in the entire game due to their many different command sets, spells and upgrades. Diversifying them even more would just make it impossible to ever use their spells. If it was just for an random optical change I could get along with it, but not for a seperate choice.

I dunno, they're certainly more complex than most basic units both in and out of Edain mod but I can't see the diversity having much of an impact. For the sake of simplicity, they could just have the club upgrade I mentioned replace the ability to throw rocks/uproot trees/eat orcs altogether since you do have a point about how it might not be smart to make an already complex unit even more so.

Maybe those Dol Guldur troll's skin (model) could be somehow included in MM/Gundabad faction via Power Menu?
I think Trienty suggested something similar here: Link

Oooh I like that idea too! If we ever do get Guldur Trolls in Edain as well as that palantir power, it'd be a must to include them in it.

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #33 am: 4. Nov 2015, 23:36 »
Oh, I'm not talking about this. Actually my problems with Mordor trolls are the following:
1. They are all the same unit (meanig you select all of them via double click), but they have around 5 different command sets / palantirs. Therefore it is almost impossible to use their abilities or even upgrade them accordingly, because you are constantly selecting an empty command set. This makes a unit which a very simple concept (bum rush the enemy and beating at them with one of a large collection of giant weaponry [ugly]) much harder to use than necessary.
2. Their armor upgrade is essentially not needed at least in the current state. In previous versions you would have to buy the upgrades seperately (and needed the troll cage on level 2 for the armor, but on level 3 for the specific weapons), so it made sense to have them as single upgrades. However in Edain 4.0 you get all of the troll upgrades combined by just using Sauron's influence -meaning there is no real point in not giving the trolls a special weapon after already purchasing the armor. (Also now the trolls don't have regular weapons with them without the upgrade.)

Now if you would also add a different armor upgrade, you would again add 4 different commandsets to the trolls, meaning that there were 9 different command sets for a single unit you will select via double click! That's totally crazy.
Edit: Well... Thought about it and of course I'm talking nonsense. ;)

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir
« Letzte Änderung: 4. Nov 2015, 23:44 von Melkor Bauglir »

(Palland)Raschi

• Turmwache
  • Fanatiker sind unbeständige Freunde
« Antwort #34 am: 10. Nov 2015, 20:03 »
In this bug thread a user recently noticed that Gorthaur just has the German voice even in the English version of Edain 4.0. Therefore I searched for the equal English one because I made a concept some months ago in the German part of this bulletin board which changed Gorthaur's voice .
Eventually I think it is fair to also ask the English community if it is fine with the equal English voice I intend to offer to the Edain Team.
Please object if it is not Ok for you.
MfG Raschi

[Jedwede rechtliche Äußerung, Kommentierung oder Information über PM oder öffentlichen Beitrag von meiner Seite stellt lediglich eine reine Gefälligkeit dar und erfolgt ohne jeglichen Rechtsbindungswille.]

Ohne Schuld verfasst einen Forumsbeitrag, wer beim Abfassen eines Beitrags wegen einer krankhaften seelischen Störung, wegen einer tiefgreifenden Bewusstseinsstörung oder wegen Schwachsinns oder einer schweren anderen seelischen Abartigkeit unfähig ist, die Verletzung der Forenregeln einzusehen oder nach dieser Einsicht zu handeln.

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #35 am: 10. Nov 2015, 20:24 »
Impressive pack and great job.  :)
I would like to hear it in game.
Thank you for sharing this and ask us for opinion.
If I may ask you how you made it?
Is it sound from some game or you record voice and process it with some tools so it gain new voice color and depth and add some background effects?
I presume it is from game, but I have to ask, I am curious a bit.  xD

« Letzte Änderung: 10. Nov 2015, 20:35 von CragLord »

helloa2134

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #36 am: 10. Nov 2015, 22:08 »
Personally I would prefer Gorthaur use the Black Speech which currently his Ring form uses.  That black speech seems more regal and menacing while the Necromancer's voice seems more savage and feral, which is appropriate since the Necromancer is simply a shadow of Sauron's true strength.  I don't think those movie lines should only be for Sauron's ring form.

(Palland)Raschi

• Turmwache
« Antwort #37 am: 10. Nov 2015, 22:19 »
Zitat
If I may ask you how you made it?
Is it sound from some game or you record voice and process it with some tools so it gain new voice color and depth and add some background effects?

Well I just cut it out of the orginal English game video sequence therefore I did no change to it at all.
But you of course can change things by audacity for example. You can use a second audio track to import the background sounds as they are used in the orginal sequences. Aditionally you can add an echo, change audio speed, pitches etc. to improve the audio file.
With less knowledge you already can easily change a file like this. If you are good you can change it in more ways of course.

I personally have no problem if you are not in favour of the concept because I am not playing the English version.
Finally the English community must then decide if it wants changes or not.
MfG Raschi

[Jedwede rechtliche Äußerung, Kommentierung oder Information über PM oder öffentlichen Beitrag von meiner Seite stellt lediglich eine reine Gefälligkeit dar und erfolgt ohne jeglichen Rechtsbindungswille.]

Ohne Schuld verfasst einen Forumsbeitrag, wer beim Abfassen eines Beitrags wegen einer krankhaften seelischen Störung, wegen einer tiefgreifenden Bewusstseinsstörung oder wegen Schwachsinns oder einer schweren anderen seelischen Abartigkeit unfähig ist, die Verletzung der Forenregeln einzusehen oder nach dieser Einsicht zu handeln.

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #38 am: 10. Nov 2015, 22:32 »
Thanks for answer.
Yes, I am pretty familiar with that open source program. :)
I have no problem either currently. Further processing in term of background cleaning depends from quality of pack inside game. I think this pack will sound nicely with no background problems in game.

Der Dunkle König

• Seher der Elben
  • Er, der in Macht ersteht
« Antwort #39 am: 10. Nov 2015, 23:31 »
Personally I would prefer Gorthaur use the Black Speech which currently his Ring form uses.  That black speech seems more regal and menacing while the Necromancer's voice seems more savage and feral, which is appropriate since the Necromancer is simply a shadow of Sauron's true strength.  I don't think those movie lines should only be for Sauron's ring form.

Sorry, now I'm interested.
Does Sauron only use the black speech in the English version? In the German one he also speaks German; the lines from "The fellowship of the ring" where Frodo used the Ring in the Prancing Pony. "I see you.", "You can not hide.". And the third one, which I can't translate now.
And that sounds awesome. Far better than black speech (, which he uses too).

"Außerhalb der Weltkreise werde ich niemanden verfolgen denn außerhalb der Welt ist nichts. Doch innerhalb der Welt werden sie mir nicht entkommen, bis sie in das Nichts eintreten."

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #40 am: 10. Nov 2015, 23:43 »
Ah I remember that from 3.8.1, where he still talked German. "Du kannst dich nicht verstecken..". Man it was pretty annoying to hear that everytime imo :/.

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #41 am: 10. Nov 2015, 23:49 »
Zitat
"Du kannst dich nicht verstecken.."
One of my best-of Sauron lines in Edain. xD (Really, it sounds so wonderfully evil...)

(Palland)Raschi

• Turmwache
« Antwort #42 am: 10. Nov 2015, 23:56 »
Yes Gorthaur formally (4 months ago ?) had these lines in the German Version as well.
I think Leviathan then came up with a voice concept for Gorthaur and in this regard I made a second concept which is now in the German version.
I actually like both of them, but I also like to have different voices depending on Sauron's Status in the game. Just a matter of taste.
The German community was quite clear in this matter by the way. I suppose from what I have read so far the English is not ^^
MfG Raschi

Der Dunkle König

• Seher der Elben
  • Er, der in Macht ersteht
« Antwort #43 am: 10. Nov 2015, 23:57 »
Ah I remember that from 3.8.1, where he still talked German. "Du kannst dich nicht verstecken..". Man it was pretty annoying to hear that everytime imo :/.
In my opinion, Melkor is right. Everyone who doesn't hear "Du kannst dich nicht verstecken.", "Ich sehe dich." or "Es gibt kein leben im Nichts, nur den Tod." whenever he clicks on Sauron is a very poor person.

But I think there was a suggestion about a new voice for Gorthaur. ;)

At (Palland)Raschi: You are right.

"Außerhalb der Weltkreise werde ich niemanden verfolgen denn außerhalb der Welt ist nichts. Doch innerhalb der Welt werden sie mir nicht entkommen, bis sie in das Nichts eintreten."

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #44 am: 11. Nov 2015, 00:03 »
You made a good choice Palland ;).

But I have a question for you guys; how in heavens name can you watch/play the Moddle-Earth movies and games not in original English, with the original voices of the original actors?? I myself live in the Netherlands, but I would probably die if I ever heard a Dutch version of the movies :D.