29. Mär 2024, 14:31 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Mordor Suggestions  (Gelesen 87753 mal)

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
Re: Brief Mordor Suggestions
« Antwort #45 am: 11. Nov 2015, 00:04 »
Zitat
In my opinion, Melkor is right. Everyone who doesn't hear "Du kannst dich nicht verstecken.", "Ich sehe dich." or "Es gibt kein leben im Nichts, nur den Tod." whenever he clicks on Sauron is a very poor person.
Well, this wasn't exactly what I meant. I was simply referring to Fredius because I personally like this little speech. I have to be honest, that current Necromancer is a bit annoying for me, too, because I don't have any clue what he is saying with this scratchy voice, so I can relate to others, who don't like the German audio. ;)

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir

Edit:
Zitat
But I have a question for you guys; how in heavens name can you watch/play the Moddle-Earth movies and games not in original English, with the original voices of the original actors??
My english was bad, when I first watched the movies. [ugly] You are right, some speeches are extremely nice in english (Saruman / Christopher Lee ftw), but tbh the German synchro isn't bad either -some speakers I actually like better, like Legolas: Orlando Bloom's voice is IMO too deep for an elf. Others like Ian McKellen have a pretty strong accent, so I find it hard to understand him, if I didn't know yet, was he is saying. So I guess, it's the mix and personal preference. ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Nov 2015, 00:09 von Melkor Bauglir »

Der Dunkle König

• Seher der Elben
  • Er, der in Macht ersteht
« Antwort #46 am: 11. Nov 2015, 00:06 »
I have to be honest, that current Necromancer is a bit annoying for me, too, because I don't have any clue what he is saying with this scratchy voice, so I can relate to others, who don't like the German audio. ;)

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir
My comment wasn't really serious. ;)

"Außerhalb der Weltkreise werde ich niemanden verfolgen denn außerhalb der Welt ist nichts. Doch innerhalb der Welt werden sie mir nicht entkommen, bis sie in das Nichts eintreten."

(Palland)Raschi

• Turmwache
  • Fanatiker sind unbeständige Freunde
« Antwort #47 am: 11. Nov 2015, 00:11 »
Zitat
I myself live in the Netherlands, but I would probably die if I ever heard a Dutch version of the movies

I live close to the border of the Netherlands and I can tell you that I would not be amused if the German version had some forms of dialect in it as they are used here ^^
But Standart German is fine and sounds well (sometimes intimidating) if spoken correctly.
I would not say Dutch sounds very intimidating but more friendly, happy and sometimes like childish German. Please do not feel offended, it is just my opinion I try to express somehow  xD
MfG Raschi

[Jedwede rechtliche Äußerung, Kommentierung oder Information über PM oder öffentlichen Beitrag von meiner Seite stellt lediglich eine reine Gefälligkeit dar und erfolgt ohne jeglichen Rechtsbindungswille.]

Ohne Schuld verfasst einen Forumsbeitrag, wer beim Abfassen eines Beitrags wegen einer krankhaften seelischen Störung, wegen einer tiefgreifenden Bewusstseinsstörung oder wegen Schwachsinns oder einer schweren anderen seelischen Abartigkeit unfähig ist, die Verletzung der Forenregeln einzusehen oder nach dieser Einsicht zu handeln.

helloa2134

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #48 am: 11. Nov 2015, 00:12 »
Personally I would prefer Gorthaur use the Black Speech which currently his Ring form uses.  That black speech seems more regal and menacing while the Necromancer's voice seems more savage and feral, which is appropriate since the Necromancer is simply a shadow of Sauron's true strength.  I don't think those movie lines should only be for Sauron's ring form.

Sorry, now I'm interested.
Does Sauron only use the black speech in the English version? In the German one he also speaks German; the lines from "The fellowship of the ring" where Frodo used the Ring in the Prancing Pony. "I see you.", "You can not hide.". And the third one, which I can't translate now.
And that sounds awesome. Far better than black speech (, which he uses too).

Ahh let me correct myself.  He uses a mixture of German and Black Speech lines taken from the LOTR Trilogy.  However, I would prefer it remain that way if for no other reason than German and Black Speech sound more similar than Black Speech and English.  It also sounds more badass.  :D

My point primarily was that I think Gorthaur and Sauron (Ring-form) should have the same voice.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #49 am: 11. Nov 2015, 00:14 »
those can be used when he s in his ring form https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXlVtk92HPo

(Palland)Raschi

• Turmwache
« Antwort #50 am: 11. Nov 2015, 00:16 »
Zitat
those can be used when he s in his ring form https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXlVtk92HPo

As far as I know it is already used when he appears with the ring.
MfG Raschi

[Jedwede rechtliche Äußerung, Kommentierung oder Information über PM oder öffentlichen Beitrag von meiner Seite stellt lediglich eine reine Gefälligkeit dar und erfolgt ohne jeglichen Rechtsbindungswille.]

Ohne Schuld verfasst einen Forumsbeitrag, wer beim Abfassen eines Beitrags wegen einer krankhaften seelischen Störung, wegen einer tiefgreifenden Bewusstseinsstörung oder wegen Schwachsinns oder einer schweren anderen seelischen Abartigkeit unfähig ist, die Verletzung der Forenregeln einzusehen oder nach dieser Einsicht zu handeln.

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #51 am: 11. Nov 2015, 00:37 »
Zitat
My english was bad, when I first watched the movies.  You are right speeches are extremely nice in english (Saruman / Christopher Lee ftw), but tbh the German synchro isn't bad either -some speakers I actually like better, like Legolas: Orlando Bloom's voice is IMO too deep for an elf. Others like Ian McKellen have a pretty strong accent, so I find it hard to understand him, if I didn't know yet, was he is saying. So I guess, it's the mix and personal preference. ;)

Yes, it all comes to personal preference eventually. I've seen the German version myself, and Gandalf's voice actor sounded very good! Legolas was abit to feminin though in my opinion :P!

I live close to the border of the Netherlands and I can tell you that I would not be amused if the German version had some forms of dialect in it as they are used here ^^
But Standart German is fine and sounds well (sometimes intimidating) if spoken correctly.
I would not say Dutch sounds very intimidating but more friendly, happy and sometimes like childish German. Please do not feel offended, it is just my opinion I try to express somehow  xD

Yes I know, I speak German myself an altough I sometimes make fun of it, it definetly sounds better than Dutch in my opinion xD. I always watch everything in the original language, because the actors then really let you hear the emotion they had during the acting itself. I've never found German an intimidating language though, I rather would say that both Dutch and German sound very friendly xD! But I'm Russian myself so to me every other language sounds friendly :D.

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #52 am: 11. Nov 2015, 00:38 »
To quote myself; I actually love the german sound for Sauron. With no offence, to my ears german sounds more Black Speech-ish, which is awesome xD

But I'm Russian myself so to me every other language sounds friendly :D

Oh don't you say. I have a russian friend in my dorm, and russian sounds horrible to me. Bloody World of Tanks Trolls [ugly]

BTW could we PLEASE stop this linguistics discussion here, and get back to topic. So much for "brief suggestions"  :P
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Nov 2015, 00:43 von hoho96 »

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #53 am: 11. Nov 2015, 00:41 »

and i know why brat xD
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Nov 2015, 00:43 von hoho96 »

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #54 am: 11. Nov 2015, 01:08 »
Hahaha yeah I know we have a bad reputation on online games, right Gandalf xD! Anyway yeah time to go back on topic again.

goat stealer

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #55 am: 11. Nov 2015, 05:36 »
I've got a few more suggestions, two of which have probably been covered innumerable times since they're about Haradrim/Easterlings but I figured that since they're smaller tweaks, they'd be better suited here so let's get started!

More Tribute Camps bring more reinforcements

Sauron's Influence on the Tribute Camps originally increased the amount of Haradrim/Easterling units you could summon upon activating the power but this sadly got replaced with unit upgrades. Though I acknowledge that orcs are the backbone of Mordor's forces, I still believe that evil men should have a little more of a presence so what if we could bring in more of them with each summon if we had more Tribute Camps? If you have 3 Tribute Camps the amount of reinforcement's you'd get will be doubled and if you have 6 or more you'd get three times as many as you'd normally get with just one, to balance it you'd have to have 240 free Command Points to double down and 350 Command Points to triple down on your Easterling buddies (600 and 900 for your Harad buddies). It isn't the most ideal solution but if evil men must only be available by summoning and must have their powers on such a high cooldown, it'd be nice if we could get more a bang for such a hefty buck.

Reinforcement tweaking

Adding on to the previous suggestion, I'd like the Haradrim power tweaked so we can actually get some dang archers to go with the Mumakil, even if they have to walk into the map and be moved on that way. After all Haradrim were renowned archers in both movie and book and not including them is like making a Jaws movie and forgetting to put the shark in. Having the spear throwers would also be nice but having them along with the archers and the mumakil and the horsemen might be a bit too much. As for the Easterling power, I'd like to see some Corsairs along with the pikemen and warriors - It's not the most fitting place for them since Umbar is more south than east but if we can have access to their ships surely we should be able to have some way to bring the brigands onto dry land for the fun.  ;)

Morgul Captains

This one's more of a spitball but I've always wanted to see some wargs for Mordor to call their own. Them being a standard cavalry unit's out of the question since that's supposed to be a weakness of theirs but if the Iron Hills faction could get a few Ram riders as scouting units that can be upgraded into battalions at a high enough level, maybe Mordor could get Warg Riders in a manner similar to this? It isn't that high on the priority list and the faction can get by without them just fine but it'd be nice to have, them being Morgul Captains would fit well with Gothmog since he currently has the only Warg in seemingly all of Mordor. :P
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Nov 2015, 06:29 von goat stealer »

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #56 am: 11. Nov 2015, 07:07 »
As you mentioned that was the original plan but was scratched for reasons. I don't think the team would include it back in. Apart from that it would be pretty cool to get more
Zitat
more a bang for such a hefty buck.
Except it doesn't cost that much, understand me haradrim power are often the third or fourth power I get so it doesn't costs much more then 4 point (1 for tier 1 + 3 for tier haradrim) if the player was to be able to constitute a massive army of elite troops based on nothing but a couple tribute camps. I believe the tweaking for the reinforcements lies elsewhere.

No comments there, I've been ranting about this all over the forum. +1

I like it, it's mentioned several times that mordor had a small supply of wargs, whether ridden or just free but I don't see the team adding it as it would just be 1) a copy of the goat's system 2) a copy of the isengard wargs 3) make mordor wayyyyyyy too op. It could be that gothmog gets an ability instead of his "release the prisoners" that lets him summon wargs that will follow him around when he his mounted.

Keep up the good work  xD
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

(Palland)Raschi

• Turmwache
« Antwort #57 am: 11. Nov 2015, 11:53 »
I do not want any warg Units in the Mordor gameplay, sry. I think The_Necromancer0 gave a reasonable Explanation.
Concerning the Haradrim Spell I have to agree that there should be archers on the Mumak. But as far as I know it causes bugs. But maybe a more knowing user can enlighten me ^^

Zitat
Except it doesn't cost that much, understand me haradrim power are often the third or fourth power I get so it doesn't costs much more then 4 point (1 for tier 1 + 3 for tier haradrim) if the player was to be able to constitute a massive army of elite troops based on nothing but a couple tribute camps. I believe the tweaking for the reinforcements lies elsewhere.

I would Support this Statement.

I do not want to Fragment the discussion of the concept but the Gorthaur voice Topic is not finished yet.
In fact I supposed that this will not be a heavily discussed issue because in the German part of the MU it was not and therefore I wrote it in here ("Brief" suggestions).
But now it seems to be much more difficult than I have thought in the beginning.
As far as I see it, there are 3 ways to handle this issue:
a) The German voice is a bug and it should be replaced with the former voice
b) The German voice is not a bug and everything stays as it is
c) The German voice should be replaced with the equal English Version I have presented above

Do you Need a poll or something ? Because this is in fact a matter of taste and every way to handle it is reasonable. Eventually I did not intend to make a big thing of this but it seems that probably this is not avoidable.

« Letzte Änderung: 11. Nov 2015, 11:57 von (Palland)Raschi »
MfG Raschi

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #58 am: 11. Nov 2015, 12:13 »

Ok I'll try to cover all the points so far:
  • NO WARGS IN MORDOR. They're not iconic (unlike Isengard or Misty Mountains), nor add any characteristic upside to Mordor. You want cavalry? Mordor probably have the most hero-cavalry units in the game (Morgul riders, Black Riders, Mumakils(?), and tons of Monsters).
  • I personally didn't like the english voice concept that much. I'd like to keep the German one for the reason that I've said earlier: I find the German sound to a non-german speaker pretty close to Black Speech-ish voice xD It's not just the language,but rather the voice actor himself.
  • To categorize this topic, I'd say it's a discussion (not a bug, and not quite a suggestion). @(Palland)Raschi: feel free to open a thread on the discussion board, or if you'd like me to do it, I would ;)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #59 am: 11. Nov 2015, 12:16 »
Personally I would prefer Gorthaur use the Black Speech which currently his Ring form uses.  That black speech seems more regal and menacing while the Necromancer's voice seems more savage and feral, which is appropriate since the Necromancer is simply a shadow of Sauron's true strength.  I don't think those movie lines should only be for Sauron's ring form.

The 'feral' and 'wild' element could nevertheless fit Gorthaur really well, I think.
In the First Age he was widely known and feared as a dreadful deadly Sorcerer, Lord of Werewolves and Vampires, capable also of gathering other evil creatures and spirits under his power.
That's why the Sindar named him 'Gorthaur', meaning literally 'Terrible Dread'.

I believe that a more 'regal' and authoritative attitude of his belongs more to the Second Age, when he exactly wanted to be the only Ruler of Middle Earth, expanding at the others' expence.

In fact I supposed that this will not be a heavily discussed issue because in the German part of the MU it was not and therefore I wrote it in here ("Brief" suggestions).
But now it seems to be much more difficult than I have thought in the beginning.
As far as I see it, there are 3 ways to handle this issue:
a) The German voice is a bug and it should be replaced with the former voice
b) The German voice is not a bug and everything stays as it is
c) The German voice should be replaced with the equal English Version I have presented above

Do you Need a poll or something ? Because this is in fact a matter of taste and every way to handle it is reasonable. Eventually I did not intend to make a big thing of this but it seems that probably this is not avoidable.

As far as I know, every German sound which still remains in the English version is always technically a bug, though appreciated could ever be  :P

I personally like very much the English tracks you proposed, and I believe they would do great in the game.
Starting a poll could be a bit premature now, I think, and the usage of polls has as well being discussed among the Moderators due to a recent misusage of them.

So, you could copy and paste your proposal in the Sounds thread, where there could definitely be a wider and more detailed discussion regarding this matter  :)

http://forum.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,31775.msg410929.html#msg410929