29. Mär 2024, 00:09 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Isengard Suggestions  (Gelesen 39563 mal)

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
Re: Brief Isengard Suggestions
« Antwort #15 am: 5. Mai 2016, 16:42 »
Been a while since anyone has posted here. :)

What inspired this suggestion I'm about to make was actually this post.
The idea for this ability gave me Lotr Thrid Age game for PS2.

So my suggestion has involves upgrading Berserkers.  The Uruk Captain upgrade portrait is a mask of a Berserker, so why not let the Berserker receive the upgrade.  What would it do?

The Berserker would become level 5, turning into the Berserker Veteran (That is the name of the Berserker with that specific helmet in The Third Age game).  This would give the Berserker the benefits of being level 5, as an increase to Armor and Damage.  It will also give the Berserker Veteran a new ability, inspired by the Berserker's abilities in The Third Age. 

Stagger Foe:  The Berserker Veteran does an attack on a Single Target, Disabling them from using abilities, switching formation, switching stances, etc. for 5 seconds. Affects the entire Battalion if used on 1 member of a battalion.

Anyways, I won't mind if this doesn't make it to the mod, but I find it really cool, and would also make it more useful to buy Berserkers, while not overpowered in my opinion because of the Cost of the Upgrade.  :)
« Letzte Änderung: 5. Mai 2016, 16:55 von Hamanathnath »

FedeH

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #16 am: 15. Mai 2016, 04:46 »
killing ents as Isengard is not an easy task due to the lack of fire arrows, can the laborers do a good deal of damage against ents to have a way to counter them? it  makes sense, they work chopping down trees. Also, i remember deforestation doing damage to ents in the original expansion, could that be brought back too? if you spend the power damaging ents you don't earn the money from actual trees, i think it's a good way to balance it. (except that the ents attack trough a forest, but that has a low chance to happen actually)

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #17 am: 15. Mai 2016, 05:36 »
killing ents as Isengard is not an easy task due to the lack of fire arrows
Wildmen Axethrowers + Torches is the best way to kill Ents as Isengard, and Saurman and Wulfgar also have attacks that do Fire damage.

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #18 am: 15. Mai 2016, 13:54 »
What Haman says is correct. Furthermore, once you start upgrading some Uruk Crossbowmen and Pikemen with Steelbolts and Forged Blades, you'll be able to more effectively damage them, even without fire. Still, Wildmen is the way to go. Wulfgar's Torch ability can quickly set an Ent on fire.

EDIT: I completely forgot to say this. Uruk Scouts are criminally underrated against monsters. Once you upgrade them with a Huntsman, their hunting arrows ability lowers the damage of units and heroes, but also reduces the armour of enemy monsters by 50%! It's extremely useful against Ents and Beornings. Uruk Scouts are situational because they are squishy in prolonged fights, but against monsters they are phenomenal if you micro and support them properly.
« Letzte Änderung: 15. Mai 2016, 17:06 von Odysseus »
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Tirano

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #19 am: 25. Mai 2016, 02:57 »
The warg sentry should be an upgrade of the Lock out towers but only when you have a warg-pit in game. the same cost for the buildings, in this way you can have the 2 building in 1 space and it will be nice to see a tower guarded by wargs.

FedeH

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #20 am: 19. Jun 2016, 09:18 »
is there a chance of making the probabilities of the outcome saruman+ring 60-40 or 70-30 depending on him being white or of many colours?
If saruman is still white, he has a bigger chance of becoming Saruman the Blessed, since he is still not THAT corrupted from his lust of power, and, on the other hand, Saruman of Many Colours is more likely to become Saruman the Cursed.
This makes you choose more wisely if you want to pick saruman of many colours or not depending of which ring hero you prefer the most.

I propose this since you can choose the outcome of every ring hero except him, and besides being random, i hate that i always get the cursed one! hahaha (and when he dies and you give the ring again to him, he mantains the form he got the first time)

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #21 am: 30. Sep 2016, 14:48 »
I had idea to make "Indomitable" more useful
 1.Intomitable get passive ability: autoheal with every attack like barrow withs (but weaker) and Howl Intomitable receive 50% damage boost faster attack rate,lover crush decelerate,knockback ressistance, and for 5s enemies will be paralysed/run in fear (not include mosters,heroes) at cost of 50% armor.

« Letzte Änderung: 7. Okt 2016, 00:51 von Slawek56703 »

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #22 am: 10. Okt 2016, 15:44 »
Would it be possible to grant the Uruk Captain upgrade in the same way as for Eregion Blades and Golden Arrows? This way, you can simultaneously upgrade all your Uruks (without having to select them one by one) and they won't skip the Banner Carrier upgrade like it happened in previous versions

It could also save a slot for the Shield Uruks + Crossbow combo, which would then allow them to purchase Forged Blades even if already combined (right now they can't)

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #23 am: 14. Okt 2016, 21:00 »
Would it be possible to grant the Uruk Captain upgrade in the same way as for Eregion Blades and Golden Arrows? This way, you can simultaneously upgrade all your Uruks (without having to select them one by one) and they won't skip the Banner Carrier upgrade like it happened in previous versions

It could also save a slot for the Shield Uruks + Crossbow combo, which would then allow them to purchase Forged Blades even if already combined (right now they can't)

+1

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #24 am: 14. Okt 2016, 21:29 »

If so, then yes. So much yes.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

lahe95

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #25 am: 17. Okt 2016, 15:42 »
About Saruman when he obtains The One Ring:
Give us an option to choose which version he would become(just like with Galadriel when she pick up the ring, players can choose): the Blessed or the Cursed.
I'm suggesting this because most of the time when I play I get Saruman the Blessed. I only have gotten the Cursed twice and that was back in Edain Mod 3.8 and 4.0. Mostly it's the Blessed version.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #26 am: 17. Okt 2016, 16:02 »
I support this. It's not a major change (I suppose) and it wouldn't improve the user experience, especially since Ring Heroes are mostly only turned on during fun games and rarely during competitive matches.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #27 am: 17. Okt 2016, 18:05 »
It would certainly be easier to put Saruman in front of a choice and then let him choose his destiny. The tricky aspect is that Galadriel can 'afford' to choose in the first place because she undergoes the final test of her life in Middle-earth: the very choice symbolises the magnitude of her will and ambition (and her awareness of the relative terrible risk), regardless of the One Ring's lure.

Saruman, on the other hand, falls literally under the obsession for that artefact, in a sort of relationship I always regarded as submissive. In his obsession, he thus forgets the implications of a possible usage of that item and the unfavourable outcomes that may derive. The current system reflects the uncertainty motive well, in my opinion; that is, it's not really known whether he will be capable of mastering the One Ring or whether he is to be subjugated by it.

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #28 am: 17. Okt 2016, 22:21 »
What I think is that the Ring mechanics of Saruman can be tied up with Spellbook power "Saruman of Many Colors". What I mean is if Saruman obtains the Ring while that power isn't bought you get Saruman the Blessed (because esentially then he isn't allied with Sauron) but when you get the power "Saruman of Many Colors" he is (as the description says) "a puppet of Sauron and he directs all his wrath against the free peoples of Middle earth" and then you get Saruman the Cursed. This would be a reversed version of Gandalfs ring mechanics which imo can be allowed since Gandalf and Saruman belong to one order and they both desired (at some point) the Ring.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #29 am: 17. Okt 2016, 23:29 »
What I think is that the Ring mechanics of Saruman can be tied up with Spellbook power "Saruman of Many Colors".

If this is technically feasible, it might certainly be more acceptable, despite the resemblance to Gandalf's mechanics. That might be a uniqueness issue.