28. Mär 2024, 19:41 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Isengard Suggestions  (Gelesen 39549 mal)

makis89

• Thain des Auenlandes
Re: Brief Isengard Suggestions
« Antwort #30 am: 18. Okt 2016, 17:18 »
Zitat
''What I think is that the Ring mechanics of Saruman can be tied up with Spellbook power "Saruman of Many Colors"
+1
"...for all living things were her food,
and her vomit darkness."

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #31 am: 18. Okt 2016, 17:31 »
That would be exactly Gandalf's mechanic and because of this uniqueness issue we won't do it. The difference between these two systems is that Gandalf the cursed and Gandalf the blessed are different in every aspect.
On the other hand Saruman's ringsystem works in the same way: either he throws lightning strikes an buff his troops or he throws fireballs and buff the industry. But the core of  the mechanic is the same.
The transformation of Saruman is coincidence and thus a unique and interesting ring concept.

lahe95

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #32 am: 5. Nov 2016, 09:08 »
That would be exactly Gandalf's mechanic and because of this uniqueness issue we won't do it. The difference between these two systems is that Gandalf the cursed and Gandalf the blessed are different in every aspect.
On the other hand Saruman's ringsystem works in the same way: either he throws lightning strikes an buff his troops or he throws fireballs and buff the industry. But the core of  the mechanic is the same.
The transformation of Saruman is coincidence and thus a unique and interesting ring concept.
Well I suggested it because I get the Cursed so rarely. It's the Blessed most of the time.

lahe95

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #33 am: 28. Nov 2016, 07:10 »
Isengard is one of the factions that uses trees as resources. After reading this article:
https://modding-union.com/index.php/topic,34117.0.html
I came up with an suggestion regarding the Tainted Land spell from Isengard spellbook.

When applied on the field, trees will disappear, land will become tainted and all ally units gain +25% armor.

Maybe, instead of making the trees disappear, maybe turn regular green trees into corrupted ones. That way trees can be still used as resources but corrupted trees will
remove the cover for stealth units of good factions like Lothórien or Imladris.
« Letzte Änderung: 28. Nov 2016, 10:02 von lahe95 »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #34 am: 28. Nov 2016, 13:34 »
Isengard is one of the factions that uses trees as resources. After reading this article:
https://modding-union.com/index.php/topic,34117.0.html
I came up with an suggestion regarding the Tainted Land spell from Isengard spellbook.

I will move this suggestion in the Isengard Suggestions board; particularly, I will merge it with the thread concerning brief suggestions. I don't think this proposal deserves an own thread here.

--- MERGED ---

lahe95

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #35 am: 28. Nov 2016, 17:25 »
I will move this suggestion in the Isengard Suggestions board; particularly, I will merge it with the thread concerning brief suggestions. I don't think this proposal deserves an own thread here.
Sorry. I actually wanted to remove it and post it here but I couldn't delete it from general suggestions. Some permission error. Thanks for moving it here! Next time I'll think were I post.
« Letzte Änderung: 29. Nov 2016, 07:59 von lahe95 »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #36 am: 28. Nov 2016, 17:29 »
Don't worry, it's my duty. I can operate these processes in a minute. My aim is helping people and keeping everything ordered. If you wish to widen this suggestion and turn it into a bigger proposal, you're obviously free to do that  :)

Dain@

• Pförtner von Bree
  • baruk khazad khazad? ai-menu. For the King ! ! !
« Antwort #37 am: 19. Dez 2016, 15:27 »
The entire game revolve around Isengard Saruman. The main problem is that apart from the Isengard Saruman's really not, because everything is based on one person + and what Isengard is the young and long-standing faction. However, it provides new opportunities for the completion of the image fractions. Since a large extent the strength of Isengard delta on three aspects: the economy, the army and Saruman. You can use Saruman as the Necromancer to Mordor, and it will be a kind of compensating for the absence of strong characters in Isengard and no offensive abilities in the spell book (of course except the last two!) So the main weapon of Saruman is his voice / oratory (only a few in Middle-earth could resist his voice, as he misled the white board about his actions, hidden intentions, and the enemy), knowledge (in the first knowledge of the various tricks, magic abilities and various other knowledge to destroy the enemy (explosives and other joys) and secondly knowledge of the most the main secrets of Rivendell, Lorien, Rohan and Gondor, since he was a member and leader of the white Council he uses it against them) and knowledge engineering (he knew how to build buildings, weapons (armor and weapons), and siege weapons (mines, the ballista and more). it seems to me that Saruman need to change a few abilities. in my opinion, Saruman is one of the most interesting characters in Middle-earth because there is a need for a small capacity improvements. So I propose to add the ability Magic rukopashku. (As in the movie The Hobbit. The Battle of the Five Armies when Saruman fought Nazgul, or when the magic fight with Gandalf). You can also change the ability to take control of the army + character control. Edain team offered a very interesting mechanic Saruman at Orthanc, but it's quite boring since Saruman at Orthanc identical abilities. If Saruman at Orthanc give other abilities it will be very interesting plus the appear even defense and offensive component. So for example if you add the ability to lightning, avalanche Saruman at Orthanc it will be more reliable and correct, and tactical component will make Isengard really strong faction. Also Isengard nebylo strong defense line, but it kompensovalos skills and contaminants Saruman (Saruman defended against Ent liquid fire)

TheDarkOne

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Ancient evil. Endangered species.
« Antwort #38 am: 10. Jan 2017, 00:56 »
As the next patch approaches, Isengard could get something new too. An ability to combine shield uruks with a battering ram like we saw in the Two Towers. Although this would slow ram's movement speed, it would get a much bigger durability against arrows and similar missiles (including upgraded ones) and against melee attacks.

Dain@

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #39 am: 25. Jan 2017, 19:02 »
Saruman Library

The Orthanc Saruman was the library where to store about different aspects of Middle-earth set of books and records. Saruman uses this information and teaches access to new abilities to destroy the enemy and control. It would be an improvement in the fortress. After its purchase of Saruman gets access to new abilities in the Tower! So Saruman ability in the tower:
1) the ability to: fireball
2) Skill Saruman - said building ever gets + 20% health and armor and + 20% faster troops gaining or producing resources. This ability can be used only once on a single building. (Only available after buying the improvement of library)
3) oratory - Improves said troops
4) The storm with lightning - causes a storm with lightning near the base that causes moderate damage in a small radius, and the enemy troops near a lightning strike at the time of losing 20% ​​of the speed and visibility.
5) Doubt. Saruman is negotiating with its enemies from its tower and lead enemies into confusion (Since he had talks with Gandalf and Théoden after cients destroyed his army, and it closed in his tower. Only Gimli, and Gandalf did not succumb to his voice).
These abilities allow the player to choose how he wants to play: because Saruman during the War of the Ring did not leave Orthanc, and fought on the front lines. All their evil deeds he did remain in his tower. Not only it is still opens four aspects of Isengard:
First, is the fact that with the help of Saruman player can receive analogue active defense as the passive defense in Isengard very weak.
Second, the player has the choice to manage their tower of Isengard giving bonuses for structure and defense, or Saruman sent to the front with his army and crush your enemies.
Third, I think it is very canonical idea for Isengard, and that fully reveals its potential.

Of course, if you have any suggestions, additions or criticism feel free to spread their opinions. I am very grateful for your attention!

The entire game revolve around Isengard Saruman. The main problem is that apart from the Isengard Saruman's really not, because everything is based on one person + and what Isengard is the young and long-standing faction. However, it provides new opportunities for the completion of the image fractions. So Saruman's main weapon is his voice / oratory:
"Those who heard his voice, rarely able to tell what words they heard. And if they tried to do it, it is very uncertain, because some power left in them. Mostly they remembered the admiration of the voice. Everything he said seemed wise and reasonable, and desire awoke with the consent of that seemed wise. When, after the voice says the other, their voices seemed abrupt and rude; and if they are contrary to the Voice of anger kindled in the hearts of those who heard. For some period charm lasted only when they heard the voice of another and then only with a smile, to unravel the human focus remembered walking glamor. For many, only one sound of the voice was enough to bring them into raptures. For some impact Voices lasted for a long time, and they seemed to have heard the soft whisper, urging them. Nobody remained indifferent, no one is denied his requests and commands without any effort of the mind."
The Two Towers: "The Voice of Saruman,"
(Only a few in Middle-earth could resist his voice, as he misled the white board about his actions, and the enemy's intentions), knowledge (in the first knowledge of the various tricks, magic abilities and various other knowledge to destroy the enemy (explosives and other malicious joy ) and secondly knowledge of the most important secrets of Rivendell, Lorien, Rohan and Gondor, since he was a member and leader of the white Council he uses it against them) and knowledge engineering (he knew how to build buildings, weapons (armor and weapons) and siege weapons (mines, ballista, mechanisms that from attacked Dol Guldur and Helm's Deep, and more). in my opinion, Saruman is one of the most interesting characters in Middle-earth, and secondly in the late game Isengard frankly do not have enough character that would lead the army into battle. the current heroes are strong and good to the middle of the game, but when the enemy gains access to more powerful heroes of the Isengard falls hard, and obviously in need of what the pulse (one of the characters such as Glorfindel, Torin (both) Dvalin, the WK (both) Celeborn, Aragorn is able to single-handedly kill almost all of your characters) in the third because it is necessary to finalize a small capacity. So I offer his version of Saruman ability:
Saruman is one of the strengths of the world of Middle-earth along with Sauron, Gandalf, Elrond, Galadriel and Glorfindel. I think that Saruman is to get new abilities just as his old ones do not fully reveal his character.
1) Magic burst - as it is now
2) The Verve - selected hero or squad gets + 25% speed, armor and damage.
3) Fireball - as it is now
4) Myth - At the time of the enemy troops coming out from under the control of the enemy (but not moving under your control)
5) Sabotage - Woody Saruman in deception white board on his actions and begins preparing for war. (Saruman gets accelerated recovery capabilities and closest allies for 10 seconds including Saruman can not be attacked.)
After the tenth level
1) The strength of the Mayr - passive 25% damage to the area in the melee, and at times he uses the passive energy shield. A similar shield Gandalf. (As in the movie BotFA when Saruman fought Nazgûl.)
2) Fireball - reinforced damage on a single target. Good against enemy hero or as a single target Ent ..
3) Subordination - the enemy troops come under your control. (like now)
4) A lightning strike - as it is now
5) Belief Kurunira -. Saruman with his voice and causes deception and those susceptible to doubt and delusion. Enemies including enemy heroes get minus 25% of the damage, armor and cooldown of Saruman and can not attack.
Although most interesting still is that for obtaining rings Saruman become twice or even three times more !!!. He is the only one in line with Sauron that when obtaining the ring get frenzied strength and direction! plus a few that still carries catastrophic damage on the large radius! Also not really understand the logic of the transformation of Saruman after receiving the ring in the lightning god (Analog Norse god) or fire. Obviously you need a little polish Saruman's ring as the current capacity in my opinion not very canonical and believable plus make it too powerful (even with the ring Gandalf is clearly losing it.)

Of course, if you have any suggestions, additions or criticism feel free to spread their opinions. I am very grateful for your attention!
« Letzte Änderung: 25. Jan 2017, 21:25 von DieWalküre »

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #40 am: 3. Feb 2017, 13:47 »
Picture is broken for me. Apart from that I agree to the Uruk CAH improvements.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Dain@

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #41 am: 5. Feb 2017, 11:19 »
It can be added to add Dunland Outpost! and add lancers. Currently Dunland weakly expressed in the game, and even to this they are very weak against cavalry! and spearmen will close this gap. Plus get Isengard pikemen at the beginning of the game. What do you think! Do not hesitate in their comments and suggestions.

Hello ! I've thought, I can add two Palantir Saruman! First Palantir would characterize his strength and power, and the second Palantir will characterize his main weapon - the voice.

"Those who heard his voice, rarely able to tell what words they heard. And if they tried to do it, it is very uncertain, because some power left in them. Mostly they remembered the admiration of the voice. Everything he said seemed wise and reasonable, and desire awoke with the consent of that seemed wise. When, after the voice says the other, their voices seemed abrupt and rude; and if they are contrary to the Voice of anger kindled in the hearts of those who heard. For some period charm lasted only when they heard the voice of another and then only with a smile, to unravel the human focus remembered walking glamor. For many, only one sound of the voice was enough to bring them into raptures. For some impact Voices lasted for a long time, and they seemed to have heard the soft whisper, urging them. Nobody remained indifferent, no one is denied his requests and commands without any effort of the mind."
The Two Towers: "The Voice of Saruman,"

This will Palantir ability who will lead the enemy into confusion and ignorance. It will also inspire allies. (This is similar to the Palantir of Sauron Herald)

And what do you think? Is there a possibility of such a turn of events?
« Letzte Änderung: 5. Feb 2017, 16:29 von DieWalküre »

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #42 am: 20. Nov 2017, 21:28 »
Hi guys, I'll just throw this brief idea, to know if in your opinion is feasible or not:

- I know that, in 4.5 Saruman will be more tanky, getting +1000 HP. But, maybe it will be still very vulnerable against the other heroes, which is quite fine for me. However, it would be a good thing for me to give him an additional possibility to escape. So, only after unlocking the power Saruman of many color, what do you think to make the wizard blast able to knock back heroes too but without dealing any damage to them? It wuold be also a good reference to the "wizard's staff battle" seen in TFOTR. Maybe, if it is op, than give the blast a certain probability, like 60%, to knock back heroes too. I know too that thunderbolt and fire ball just have that function.

AmosVogel

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #43 am: 14. Feb 2020, 02:17 »
Dear @Aule, i've just proposed something very similar!! Hope you like it!

https://modding-union.com/index.php/topic,35976.0.html
"Viva México"

Le Sournois

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #44 am: 4. Mai 2020, 16:18 »
Hello,

Maybe the furnaces bonus for upgrades is not as relevant as it was before.

In Edain 4.4, you had to upgrade individually each furnace to get the bonus at level 3 which could be done very quickly, but now you get the bonus only when you have researched the Forged Worker's Tools and have therefore already a good global economy.

At the beginning of the game, this bonus is useless unlike in Edain 4.4.

Maybe the bonus could work differently so that it could be more useful :

It could work even for level 1 furnaces, but you would have to make more of these to get the bonus :

4 furnaces : reduce the cost of upgrades by 10 %
5 furnaces : reduce the cost of upgrades by 30 %
6 furnaces : reduce the cost of upgrades by 50 %

If it is unbalanced, then this bonus could be granted only from level 2. I just feel Isengard late game is impressive but in the beginning, not that much.