28. Mär 2024, 18:12 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Dwarven Balance Discussion  (Gelesen 65739 mal)

Seleukos I.

• Edain Balancetester
  • Galadhrim
Re: Dwarven Balance Discussion
« Antwort #195 am: 1. Apr 2020, 16:18 »
Sure :)

The main problem of IH and Erebor is their slow movement speed. It has been the same in 4.4.1 as well, but back then you could use the ravens everywhere, so you could win every fight (more or less), since the debuff from the ravens was really stong.
Right now their normal sword units are not bad, but they aren't really better than for example Gondor Sword. But they are much slower.
Because of that (slow, but only average standart units) both factions (IH and Erebor) strggle to mantain mapcontrol in the eg-mg. And even in head on fights you can beat them quite well, depending on you faction.
And since they can't hold controll of the map early on they have less money available (mapcontrol isn't as important as it was in 4.4.1, but it's still important).

On top of that their slow speed makes them vulnerable to ranged Units, since you can kite them quite well. And when you combine some ranged units with cav it is even worse, since your pikes will get shot down and once they are dead, well, then you will loose everything, most likely^^
And because of your speed you can't retreat from a "bad fight", unless you stay near your mines all the time.

Of couse IH and Erebor are stong in the later game, with a stong army of heroes and upgraded elite units, but getting there isn't easy against a good player.

I hope this was the kind of answer you were looking for, if you have any further questions feel free to ask :)

best regardes,
Seleukos I.

ps.
http://edainranked.com/Statistics%20_Factions.html This is a Website designed by MaxPower and there are some nice statistic about Edain, based on 1v1. There isn't that much data yet (especially since IH and Erebor aren't played really often), but you can get a first Impression.

Edit: Looks like only true WK was quicker :D

kmogon

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "They stole it from us ! My precious Curse them!"
« Antwort #196 am: 1. Apr 2020, 16:21 »
As far as I know, the problem of Iron Hills and Erebor is mainly their speed. All dwarves are generally slow, but Ered Luin has faster units, and the swords also get a pretty strong Speedbuff.

I would just like to add here that in the topic of Mithril mail mechanic we are discussing if it wouldn't be a good idea to give some sort of ability to traveling camp which would provide dwarves with some sort of speed buff. It could be combined with decreasing the overall speed of Ered Luin dwarves and giving them active ability with a speed buff instead , as they are right now leading in terms of win ratio , over other dwarven realms even if their units have worse stats. As we can see then , speed is realy important factor and could be solved by above mentioned solutions

Geethopapa

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #197 am: 1. Apr 2020, 20:43 »
Sure :)

The main problem of IH and Erebor is their slow movement speed. It has been the same in 4.4.1 as well, but back then you could use the ravens everywhere, so you could win every fight (more or less), since the debuff from the ravens was really stong.
Right now their normal sword units are not bad, but they aren't really better than for example Gondor Sword. But they are much slower.
Because of that (slow, but only average standart units) both factions (IH and Erebor) strggle to mantain mapcontrol in the eg-mg. And even in head on fights you can beat them quite well, depending on you faction.
And since they can't hold controll of the map early on they have less money available (mapcontrol isn't as important as it was in 4.4.1, but it's still important).

On top of that their slow speed makes them vulnerable to ranged Units, since you can kite them quite well. And when you combine some ranged units with cav it is even worse, since your pikes will get shot down and once they are dead, well, then you will loose everything, most likely^^
And because of your speed you can't retreat from a "bad fight", unless you stay near your mines all the time.

Of couse IH and Erebor are stong in the later game, with a stong army of heroes and upgraded elite units, but getting there isn't easy against a good player.

I hope this was the kind of answer you were looking for, if you have any further questions feel free to ask :)

best regardes,
Seleukos I.

ps.
http://edainranked.com/Statistics%20_Factions.html This is a Website designed by MaxPower and there are some nice statistic about Edain, based on 1v1. There isn't that much data yet (especially since IH and Erebor aren't played really often), but you can get a first Impression.

Edit: Looks like only true WK was quicker :D

Thank you for clarification. That was exactly the kind of answer I was looking for. Btw, is there a place where individual units stats can be viewed? How updated are the stats in the Edain Wikia? Thanks in advance.

Seleukos I.

• Edain Balancetester
  • Galadhrim
« Antwort #198 am: 1. Apr 2020, 21:59 »
You're wolcome :)
And yes, I think most stats in the wiki should be updated to 4.5, so I guess you can use it (I use it, so...^^)
« Letzte Änderung: 1. Apr 2020, 22:43 von Seleukos I. »

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #199 am: 16. Jul 2020, 11:12 »
Earthquake’s damage values need to be adjusted so that it can take out economy buildings regardless of their level. In the late game it is not very impactful as it cannot even destroy economy buildings.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #200 am: 16. Jul 2020, 13:01 »
The damage it does is adjusted to the building it hits - military buildings take more damage than economy buildings, for example. All buildings should fall below 50% health as long as the citadel stands, meaning that taking out the citadel (and removing the citadel bonus) can result in the total destruction of a fortress. I don't think increasing the damage to a point where you can oneshot economy buildings regardless of circumstance is a good change:
Zitat von: Elendil
Instantly destroying resource structures is actually not that great in 4.5 because you they are going to be rebuilt at their old level anyway. Even against an Angmar player with seven Mills, that's only an investment for 2800, which really isn't much for a 10 pp spell, especially considering it can be rebuild within 30 seconds or so. Army killers like the AotD, Huorns or even the avalance can do much more damage than that. Against Dwarves or Rohan you might even catch only four resource buildings for 1600, which really isn't worth it.

If anything, I could see increasing the utility of the Earthquake by stunning units with each quake or reducing their movement speed for a while as options.