19. Apr 2024, 18:36 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Dwarven Suggestions  (Gelesen 118426 mal)

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
Re: Brief Dwarven Suggestions
« Antwort #210 am: 28. Feb 2020, 01:05 »
I'd like to suggest that there be some kind of fx for when Lord Dain activates his Rising Rage as well. Also, it would be nice if it was differentiated for each effect, maybe with a different colour (so orange with 5 hits and red with 10 hits to show his rising anger). I ask this because it is currently quite difficult to tell when Dain's rage is having an effect on him.

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #211 am: 28. Feb 2020, 01:17 »
Dain should already start glowing red when his rage reaches a certain level.

Giving Burst of Rage something special is probably a good point, agreed.

Gm

• Hobbit
« Antwort #212 am: 8. Apr 2020, 23:14 »
I think that all upgrades researched at the Forge just take too a long time to be completed compared to other factions' ones. I mean, even if the actual research time is the same (which I haven't checked), since the Forge is used to research economic upgrades, unit upgrades and to unlock elite units, and that all these things cannot be researched simultaneously, I think this all makes the Dwarves' progression into mid game too slow.

I'd hence suggest to either decrease the overall research time of said upgrades or to reduce the Forge's cost so that the player may more easily build a second one to speed the process up.

Cortes

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #213 am: 9. Apr 2020, 22:54 »
lol, visiting the english part of the forum as good as never and the one time I actually do I found a suggestion very similar to something I wrote myself a few days ago :D

That said, my suggestion had another version that I prefer, compared to this one:
Researching Elite Equipment now Upgrades the Hall of Warriors to Level 2. If you now research the Banner Carrier Hall of Warriors would be upgraded to Level 3.
Same would go for  Siege Plans, Flaming Shot and Forge Works.

Idea behind this was to remove the Military Buildings from the economic upgrades.
Elder Scrolls braucht ein RTS.

Geethopapa

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #214 am: 12. Apr 2020, 09:35 »
Regarding the Forge upgrades, I think the guardians specific upgrades should be moved to Hal of warrior. I'm talking about the war masks, tower shields, and sharpened axes.

Also, elite equipment should be moved to Hall of warriors as well. Siege plans moved to Forgeworks. Both requiring level 2 economy.

Dwarven forge should only contain heavy armor, forged blades, fire arrows and mithril coat plus economic upgrades. Also, the cost of the Forge could be reduced.
« Letzte Änderung: 12. Apr 2020, 09:47 von Geethopapa »

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #215 am: 12. Apr 2020, 10:16 »
I've mentioned this before but I don't think shifting this many upgrades to recruitment buildings is a good idea. These upgrades can take quite a long time during which you will be unable to recruit, this is the exact problem that causes the Team to shift the CP upgrades to the sanctuary for Lorien.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #216 am: 1. Mai 2020, 16:40 »
Hi guys,

How are you, in these struggling times?

Some days ago i read very roughly a discussion about dwarven slowliness and others weak point on Discord. According also to a certain website created by a fan which collects some Edain statistics (which i forgot totally, can anyone provide me the link?), it seems that EL is currently the most used and only dwarven faction who can really compete against the others folk, while Iron Hills is the worst one. For me personally, those data match perfectly my feelings when i play each of the three realms respectively. I'm not a MP guy, apart from some rare match against my brother via LAN. But i can imagine that in competitive matches these issues are even more clear.

I'd like to advance a very little suggestion just to start improving Iron Hills: make IH Guardians' ability "Stubbornness" passive, with the following mechanic:

"Stubbornness " (passive): The Ability is triggered once the Guardians of Iron Hills are engaged in combat.
    In the interval 0-10 seconds they gain 15% more armor, in the interval 10-20 seconds +30% armor, from 20 to 30 seconds they're also immune to knock back. Then, the effect fade out and the ability need to recharge to be triggered again.

This mechanic would mitigate at least two issues: first of all, right now when you activate the power there are few seconds in which guardians are stucked and they return in the standard formation. Not only you lose precious seconds of fighting being immobile, but by returning in formation the battalion will subsequently lose further seconds to disrupt again the formation and start doing damage in an efficient way. A slow and smal battalion such as the Guardians, cannot afford all this waste of time, the enemy will for sure take a lot of advantage.

Secondly, when you command a lot of troops, an active power it's usually more difficult to manage, making you lose further time.

Moreover, a  "crescendo"-like ability "the more i stand a fight, the more i'll be stronger" is in line with Dain, Thorin III characters, and underlines better the concept of Dwarven Stubbornness.
To conclude, such mechanich could fill just a little bit the absence of a passive hero leadership in Iron Hills in the new version 4.5.

Let me know what do you think about the Dwarves matter, if you like the suggestion and what would you change about it.

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #217 am: 1. Mai 2020, 17:03 »
You're probably talking about Edain Ranked, a website created by MaxPower. It's a cool website, I agree!

Both the Guardians of Ered Luin and of the Iron Hills will be able to instantly activate their ability in the next patch, without having to reform into a line. Especially IH should benefit from that.

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #218 am: 1. Mai 2020, 18:59 »
Moreover, such a passive ability would be impossible for non-heroes.

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #219 am: 1. Mai 2020, 19:13 »
You're probably talking about Edain Ranked, a website created by MaxPower. It's a cool website, I agree!

That's exactly what i meant! Thank you! Yes indeed it's very cool  xD Added to my chrome favorites, such i'm not gonna forget it again in the future  :D

Moreover, such a passive ability would be impossible for non-heroes.

Both the Guardians of Ered Luin and of the Iron Hills will be able to instantly activate their ability in the next patch, without having to reform into a line. Especially IH should benefit from that.

Thank you too for the clarification, FG. Didn't know about that technical limitation. I'm glad anyway you guys are improving performances of both abilities. Care of every detail as always. Looking forward to play Edain 4.5.3 and discover any new surprise.

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
« Antwort #220 am: 28. Jun 2020, 02:23 »
Could the visible radius shown when you're selecting an area for Ring Dain's Barrage be increased to the actual area of effect of the ability? Currently, it's quite misleading having such a small circle for a large ability, which can cause issues considering the friendly fire that the ability causes.

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
« Antwort #221 am: 7. Okt 2020, 18:22 »
Two of the biggest issues for IH right now are the lack of a traditional scout hero (with the scouts not being strong enough to replace a scout hero in the early game) and a low unit speed leading to a low harassment potential. The idea of scouts in any army is that they'd pave the way for the rest of the army. I'd like to suggest that the solution for these issues be combined by having the Scouts play a support role for the faction. Give them an ability that can improve the speed of nearby units to allow them to move faster around the map. Either a leadership or a trail that improves the speed of allies on it that works in a similar way to Helegwen's ability (thanks to Necro for this idea). Not only does this help with the Scouts themselves, it makes them more useful than as a simple stepping stone towards Ram Riders, and helps the faction with its weaknesses while still having them play a part (assuming the player is able to use them correctly).

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #222 am: 7. Okt 2020, 22:52 »
While the idea is nice and it's a very fitting bonus for the scouts, I don't think this plays very well in practice. Increasing the speed of all of your units is absolutely massive. It negates one of the core principles of Dwarves: You're stronger, but slower. A unit that changes this into just being stronger, permanently, with no downtime or activation would be the best supportive unit in the entire mod. You would never go anywhere without a scout in your army, because why would you give your opponent the opportunity to kill all of your stuff in a retreat?

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
« Antwort #223 am: 7. Okt 2020, 23:05 »
Hmm I see what you mean. It would become a bit of a necessity if it was a passive power. Making it a temporary active ability could potentially work though. If the cooldown was long enough, the player would have to carefully choose when and where they use the power. Maybe giving it a small negative effect after the timer is up as well (like a forced march where they're faster for a short time but tired afterwards?)

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #224 am: 19. Okt 2020, 11:20 »
I don't know if this has already been considered, but since pikemen units can no longer be flanked, the upgrade "Sharpened Axes" should probably also give a small buff against pikemen. Doesn't have to be anything insane but something like 10% bonus damage or something so that the player can still get some value out of it when attacking pikemen.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/